Legal Leglocks App: Anyone tried this yet?

SoSexy

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Really interested in developing my straight footlock game (as a blue belt, it's the only leglock allowed for me).

An app was recently released, Legal Leglocks by Westside MMA. I was wondering if anyone here has it? If so, what do you think? I'm asking because it's relatively pricey ($29.99) for an app but I'd be willing to jump the gun if I know that it'll significantly improve my footlock game.

I know Mr Roli Delgado posts here but what do you regular BJJ guys think?

Thanks!

Downloaded it today. Excellent stuff. Buy it.

A lot of concepts on how to grip, how to generate power etc. Straight ankle lock IMO is the foundation of the whole leg lock game and currently this is the best instructional on ankle locks.

I have had a lot of success with Cavaca-style footlocks from 50/50, this app has a lot of similar concepts and finnishes.

I am a purple belt btw, but I would think that even BJJ brown/black belts could pick a detail or two from this one...

I'm asking because it's relatively pricey ($29.99) for an app

Pricey for an app, but cheap for a DVD instructional. And it has the same content that was shot and intended for the DVD set, without all the hassle of printing, shipping, etc. Win/win.

I am a purple belt btw, but I would think that even BJJ brown/black belts could pick a detail or two from this one...

You'd be surprised how many brown/black belts don't know a straight ankle from a heel hook. It's scary.

I can't honestly say I'm too interested in this app. Maybe if there is enough good buzz around it, though I'm sure there's some already, I'll change my mind. For now though, I'd rather just stick to learning the most effective ways of doing things, aka nonlegal reap city.

It's a good concept though and wish best of luck to the developer though.

I don't think so. You'd need to be able to emulate iOS anyway. (or Android, whenever that one comes out)

Once the app comes out for android, you should be able to run it on your PC through emulation software like bluestacks. I'm not sure if iOS has an equivalent emulator.

you can run iPhone apps on a Mac pretty easily you just need to download the free developers kit. you can also run em on a PC but that's a different monster you have to do a Hackintosh mod or some version of it which can be a pickle

It's mostly the straight fundamentals, set ups, counters, escapes. I do have a very good section on the 50/50 that includes other locks as well and speak on the strategy. Honestly I feel very good about the product, it's not a bunch of fancy information, it's information that you can use and put in a way that you can absorb. It's not perfect but I'm proud to produce it and I'm happy to keep it at a reasonable price compared to many other launches. It was quite the experience to do from start to finish by myself.

Honestly most people don't know the fundamentals on the straight, some do but I cover it in detail. I never saw the Kimura trap but it seems like a similar set up. Tying everything into one move that is in my opinion and experience high %. For the information, I think 29.99 was a great price point. I love having it in APP format personally. The Droid app should be out soon.

Cheers guys!

Just tapped 2 guys my level straight with the basic belly-down ankle lock when they were trying to roll to wiggle out of it. Really getting into footlocks now, will probably get the app this weekend.

It sucks that I tend to get swept from a lot of things, but a lot of sweeps nowadays have you leaving your foot out for a split second before taking top which gives me perfect opportunity to grab a leg and try something.

Is there any resource out there that shows sweeps from the foot lock position?

I love watching Buchecha doing that.

Focused on straight ankle lock today in class and got a lot of taps...really good instructional on imo one of the most underrated moves in bjj. This app is great, ryan hall-level-great.

Easily worth your money.

Got the app. Went through the first 2 sections and I must say the content is great. Nothing mind boggling but good fundamental details that I'm excited to work on.

I consider an instructional great if I'm able to incorporate 1 or 2 moves into my game. Looking to do so here.

Got this app a couple days ago.

Great details on the basic straight ankle, will help a lot of people unfamiliar with the sambo/catch way of doing it.

An escape I didn't know!

Laid out well, easy to use.

Solid instructional.

Back