Legacy wise do you rate Wilder on the same level as Wlad

Wasn’t Wilder 33-0 with 32 KO’s and a world champion when his team said he wasn’t ready for Wlad?

Its not only about idiocy but a lot of Wilder fans have deep insecurities. A constant need to put Wilder on a pedestal ignoring reality. They fixate f.e. on Fury being KOd in the first fight no matter how often you explain to them what a knockout is in boxing. Its less about being a boxing fan ( a lot dont watch boxing) but being a fan of what Wilder stands for as a celebrity.

In fairness, this guy isn't a Wilder fan, he's a troll.

Prime Wlad?? No. In sparring Wlad KOed him twice. BAD
I was joking. Go back and read the post again and the ones that came after it. As for Wlad KOing Wilder twice in sparring, it never happened. At least not according to the guy who actually cornered Wilder during their spar, James Ali Bashir. Wlad did drop him hard and hurt him though. This occurred in 2012 inside Wlad's fight camp. He was preparing to fight Mariusz Wach.

Wlad is like Top 10 all time, wilder fought NOBODY outside of fury and ortiz who is 40 and unproven

Wlad is like Top 10 all time, wilder fought NOBODY outside of fury and ortiz who is 40 and unproven

Pretty sure Ortiz is like 50 but, yeah, Wilder was an eminently forgettable HW. His right hand was fun but he knocked out 95% cans and was exposed bad for long stretches against Ortiz and obviously Fury.

Usyk, Wlad, Vitali, Fury, Lennox, and a few others (from 2000+) definitely beat Deontay

Wlad he has the resume he was the dominant champ over a weak era. While Wilder got the draw against Fury and knocked him down 4 times that's really the only advantage he has. While he lost Wlad went the distance with Fury too and Wilder got stopped twice. While it's likely Wilder beats most of if not all of Klitschkos best opponents those fights never happened and Luis Ortiz is Wilder's only other opponent anywhere close to elite.

That being said the jury isn't closed on this one yet. If A Wilder were to beat Joshua and other elite boxers( Usyk would be very impressive) and/or Fury remains unbeaten after dominating everyone else this assessment could drastically change.

Resume wise, Wilder's resume is quite fascinating since over 90% of his victories came via KO (if not a 100%).
However, a draw and two losses to Fury solidifies the fact that Wilder was the #2 ranked HW of his generation, which is a shame since Wilder's fighting style and his antics are pretty much a fan favorite since he never disappoints in both of those categories.

Wlad has been far more dominant. but Wilder is far more exciting.

Pretty sure Ortiz is like 50 but, yeah, Wilder was an eminently forgettable HW. His right hand was fun but he knocked out 95% cans and was exposed bad for long stretches against Ortiz and obviously Fury.

Usyk, Wlad, Vitali, Fury, Lennox, and a few others (from 2000+) definitely beat Deontay

I don't necessarily agree he was forgettable because he has occupied a very big spot in the division for almost a decade (and still continues to). He's massively flawed, obviously, but having a guy who many are quick to put in ATG discussion on the deck 4 times (two or three times hurt very badly) isn't a wholly forgettable fighter.

Resume wise, Wilder's resume is quite fascinating since over 90% of his victories came via KO (if not a 100%).
However, a draw and two losses to Fury solidifies the fact that Wilder was the #2 ranked HW of his generation, which is a shame since Wilder's fighting style and his antics are pretty much a fan favorite since he never disappoints in both of those categories.

{<jordan}

I don't necessarily agree he was forgettable because he has occupied a very big spot in the division for almost a decade (and still continues to). He's massively flawed, obviously, but having a guy who many are quick to put in ATG discussion on the deck 4 times (two or three times hurt very badly) isn't a wholly forgettable fighter.

I don’t think fury has done anywhere near enough to be in the ATG discussions. It’s crazy that his die hard fans try to claim that he is. His 3rd and 4th best win is fuckin delboy. He’s beaten an old champion who was on the slide, and a heavily protected and very flawed KO artist.

Aaaaah nothing better than Americans thinking the only continent that matters is theirs.

Not so different from GGG whose fallen off the wagon BIG time. A case could be made he won both Canelo fights (I'm not saying he did) but his career the past 2-3 years is that of a journeyman. Long forgotten are the "good boy" and "drama show".

Wilder will be best remembered for highlight reel KOs over lesser competition (like GGG) but couldnt take the next step against top opponents.

Wlad and it's not even close, Wlad dominated the division for 10 years and had some big victories over Byrd, Haye, Rahman, Sam Peters, Mercer, Povtekin and also won gold in the Olympics. Deontay has a more impressive highlight reel but aside from Ortiz on his resume the rest are rather mid tier or euro level boxers.

Hell no <45>

I don’t think there’s an argument that would stand up to any scrutiny to hold Wilder above Wladimir.

Back