Legacy wise do you rate Wilder on the same level as Wlad

Povetkin and Pulev i believe were top 10 fighters when Wlad beat them, were they?
I would claim than povetkin was the number 2 guy behind Wlad. He even was a world champion. Pulev was probably top 5, but im not sure.

Vitali is one of the best HWs of the last 20 years imo. He never fulfilled his potential largely due to his brother holding 3 belts. Everything Wlad could do Vitali did better and harder.

He never fulfilled his potential because he loved his brother too much to knock him the fuck out and take all the straps, which is what he and Wlad knew would happen if they ever fought. Which is why they didn't.
That's true love and sacrifice right there. Regardless, i still rate Vitali higher than Wlad on the strength of his strong resume, beating Sanders into oblivion and pushing Lennox the way he did. By comparision -- Wlad's resume is full of B level wins (Haye, Povetkin, Peter, Byrd).

He never fulfilled his potential because he loved his brother too much to knock him the fuck out and take all the straps, which is what he and Wlad knew would happen if they ever fought. Which is why they didn't.
That's true love and sacrifice right there. Regardless, i still rate Vitali higher than Wlad on the strength of his strong resume, beating Sanders into oblivion and pushing Lennox the way he did. By comparision -- Wlad's resume is full of B level wins (Haye, Povetkin, Peter, Byrd).

An out of shape, end of career Lewis.
Wouldve been different if they were prime v prime IMO.

As darts players, maybe.

The hardest no that ever no'd.

no.

I don't want to be insulting to TS, because I believe it is a serious question, and not a troll, but... NO.

Wlad and Vitali are all time greats.

Wilder has a padded record and loses to top competition.

Wlad takes shit for the quality of his resume, but tbf to him it was a weak division. He did still beat all of the top guys. Something that none of today’s fighters have come close to doing

Wilder on the other hand has mostly beaten guys in the top 15 of the wbc rankings. Not the actual top ranked fighters

Wlad takes shit for the quality of his resume, but tbf to him it was a weak division. He did still beat all of the top guys. Something that none of today’s fighters have come close to doing

Wilder on the other hand has mostly beaten guys in the top 15 of the wbc rankings. Not the actual top ranked fighters
And a lot of those top 15 wbc guys are like what ranked #30 overall?

Wilder is nowhere close to Wlad all time. In reality, he’s got 2 good wins (Ortiz x2) and the Fury draw. That said Ortiz is more than likely 50 years old and Fury arguably won the first fight and absolutely destroyed Wilder in the second.

tenor.gif

Ranked top fighters that Wladimir beat:

Povetkin (had a title, but just the regular one)
Pulev
Jennings (at that time unbeaten)
Haye (had a title)
Chris Byrd (had a title)
Sultan (had a title)
Chagaev (for the linear belt)
Tony Thompson in their first fight.
Sam Peter in their first fight.
First guy to stop Mercer, Schulz, Thompson and Monte Barrett.
Wilder has the first fight with Stiverne, 2x Ortiz and maybe Brezale (was he a top 10 guy at that point) as wins against top 10 guys.

Ranked top fighters that Wladimir beat:

Povetkin (had a title, but just the regular one)
Pulev
Jennings (at that time unbeaten)
Haye (had a title)
Chris Byrd (had a title)
Sultan (had a title)
Chagaev (for the linear belt)
Tony Thompson in their first fight.
Sam Peter in their first fight.
First guy to stop Mercer, Schulz, Thompson and Monte Barrett.
Wilder has the first fight with Stiverne, 2x Ortiz and maybe Brezale (was he a top 10 guy at that point) as wins against top 10 guys.
wow so Wlad stomps him in terms of resume it seems

Hm let me see. 21 title defenses vs 10, 12 year as a champ vs 5 year champ of a single sanctioning body. The best HW on the planet for at least 5-6 years vs the best HW on the planet for like half a year. Wins over prime Povetkin, Chagaev, Ibragimov, Haye etc. against 2 wins over 40 year old ortiz, breazeale and stiverne ??? is this a serious question? Wlad is Top 10 all time. Wilder is maybe Top 30-40
so its not evne close?

Wlad's top 10 opponents:
  1. Schulz
  2. Byrd I
  3. McCline
  4. DaVarryl Williamson
  5. Peter I
  6. Byrd II
  7. Brock
  8. Brewster II
  9. Ibragimov
  10. Thompson I
  11. Rahman
  12. Chagaev
  13. Chambers
  14. Peter II
  15. Haye
  16. Thompson II
  17. Povetkin
  18. Pulev
  19. Fury
  20. Joshua

Wilder's top 10 opponents:
  1. Stiverne I
  2. Ortiz I
  3. Fury I
  4. Ortiz II
  5. Fury II

Fury's top 10 opponents:
  1. Cunningham
  2. Chisora II
  3. Wlad
  4. Wilder I
  5. Wilder II

Joshua's top 10 opponents:
  1. Martin
  2. Wlad
  3. Parker
  4. Povetkin
  5. Ruiz II

Andy Ruiz's top 10 opponents:
  1. Parker
  2. Joshua I
  3. Joshua II

Whyte's top 10 opponents:
  1. Chisora I
  2. Parker
was Brezeale not ranked in the top 10 when Wilder fought him...i thought he was? although unsure

was Brezeale not ranked in the top 10 when Wilder fought him...i thought he was? although unsure
Breazeale was probably fringe top 10. Looking at a snapshot a few weeks before he fought Wilder he wasn't listed in The Ring's top 10. Obviously it could depend on which rankings you use but The Ring's rankings are used more often than not.
https://web.archive.org/web/20190420070517/www.ringtv.com/ratings/?weightclass=272

Edit. The TBRB's rankings didn't have Breazeale top 10 ranked either when he fought Wilder (April 2019). https://www.tbrb.org/2019/04/09/9-april-2019/

Breazeale was probably fringe top 10. Looking at a snapshot a few weeks before he fought Wilder he wasn't listed in The Ring's top 10. Obviously it could depend on which rankings you use but The Ring's rankings are used more often than not.
https://web.archive.org/web/20190420070517/www.ringtv.com/ratings/?weightclass=272

Edit. The TBRB's rankings didn't have Breazeale top 10 ranked either when he fought Wilder (April 2019). https://www.tbrb.org/2019/04/09/9-april-2019/
could be 11-15 ish

Back