Leg Weave Pass to Mount - Just the Tip Episode 3

I have always used this position to pass from half butterfly into mount, but I have recently run into elite players who are extremely good at entering the saddle from the leg weave. Once I get the leg weave, I usually just use it to go to side control now.

I will try attacking the crossface, as my usual MO is to fight to get my "non-leg weaved" knee inside my opponent's armpit.

Personally i think the legweave position is a great place to set up a double wrist lock or assassin guillotine choke; this also incidentally neutralizes the leg attack at the same time. If they look to curl in to roll under (bringing their head towards their knee) you can get the cradle, which again you can use to set up the assassin guillotine.

Last edited:
Personally i think the legweave position is a great place to set up a double wrist lock or assassin guillotine choke; this also incidentally neutralizes the leg attack at the same time. If they look to curl in to roll under (bringing their head towards their knee) you can get the cradle, which again you can use to set up the assassin guillotine.
Assassin guillotine choke? I've never heard this term before, what is it?

I assume he is referring to what is commonly referred to as a ninja choke/no-arm darce. This is essentially what rmongler is describing, except from the leg weave instead of half guard:

It's a term from wrestling actually, to describe pinning a guy with a front headlock choke on the strong side, often specifically from attacking the turtle or front headlock situation.

One may also set it up with a cradle (specifically a near side cradle), which is relevant to attacking guard situations, in particular knee shield half or butterfly guard.

So if they don't block you with a leg you can just go right into a regular front headlock pass situation, and if they do, you can go into the cradle to immobilize them, weave your legs inside, then into the front headlock and finish in assassin position.

Back