Elections Leftwing commentator Kim Iversen explains why she likes Ron DeSantis

yeah, i went and checked her twitter to see how "leftwing" she is... hint: She's not very.
How can someone who is supposedly left wing like Desantis as a candidate? He wants lower taxes on corporations and more tax cuts, he doesn't support universal healthcare and wants to increase private insurance (healthcare isn't a right), he wants to increase military spending, he wants to end subsidies for wind and no carbon tax, he is pro-Israel, he wants to oppose same sex marriage, he doesn't want any restrictions on gun purchases, he wants to end public funding for abortions and is anti-abortion in general. Not to mention his holy schtick is based on the culture war and religous nonsense (wants to legislate school curriculums and have more prayers in school). Sure, he's good at what he does and speaking to his base and he might have an actual shot, but liking him coming from a "left" perspective? I wonder why she mentioned absolutely nothing of the above, or seemed concerned about that...

Btw, it's been Democrats in Florida proposing bills for legalization which Desantis has been opposing for years. He signed in a bill on medical marijuana, not recreational use.

Last edited:
Only left wing thing I've seen of Iverson is that she was against the DeSantis Disney bill. She's about as left wing as Tim Pool.
Funny how all these guys who only have right wing talking points, go on fox news, spend their entire time talking about how progressives suck, keep saying they are left wing.

As a leftist I like that he’s using gays and trans people as a political punching bag in order rile up a bunch of mutant chud pigfuckers and advance his presidential ambitions. Very cool!

For real though he’s human garbage and I hope Trump lays a Jeb! style beatdown on him and ruins him permanently. At least Trump is funny and charismatic in an absurd kinda way.

I like him too. I consider myself left old left like labor left, before Wall street took over party with Clinton and especially before the nutcase crime and deviancy enablers last 10 years. Desantis may not be perfect no can meet 350 million citizens needs but he can meet a lot more than imbecile Trump who doesnt even know how govt works.

I agree with everything Kim said there. I was a Bernie supporter as well. I wouldn't vote for DeSantis but I think he's one of the least offensive and wouldn't have a problem with him getting the nomination. Especially over Trump. He's a bit like John McCain to me where I disagree with them on several things but I can see where they are coming from and it feels genuine. It's just a different perspective.

Still, I'm done with voting for the lesser evil and will be sitting this one out unless something major happens. It's pointless voting for 2 right wing parties.

Sorry Kim, you might as well move to Florida because Ron ElSanto is staying put.

Sorry but we're happy with the way he's not ruining our way of life, with the way he challenged the establishment by protecting our freedoms and not letting the media propaganda spin affect his decision making.

Find someone else for the media and intel agencies to attack and smear incessantly

How can someone who is supposedly left wing like Desantis as a candidate? He wants lower taxes on corporations and more tax cuts, he doesn't support universal healthcare and wants to increase private insurance (healthcare isn't a right), he wants to increase military spending, he wants to end subsidies for wind and no carbon tax, he is pro-Israel, he wants to oppose same sex marriage, he doesn't want any restrictions on gun purchases, he wants to end public funding for abortions and is anti-abortion in general. Not to mention his holy schtick is based on the culture war and religous nonsense (wants to legislate school curriculums and have more prayers in school). Sure, he's good at what he does and speaking to his base and he might have an actual shot, but liking him coming from a "left" perspective? I wonder why she mentioned absolutely nothing of the above, or seemed concerned about that...

Btw, it's been Democrats in Florida proposing bills for legalization which Desantis has been opposing for years. He signed in a bill on medical marijuana, not recreational use.

Democrats do too. $15 h shelved in first week, UHC and student loan forgive off table period nancy says so, Democrats supported trumps tax cuts, democrats increased what military asked for this year and last. Stop drinking blue Koolaid. Democratic party is where left goes to die and get more money from Wall Street to do their bidding while being world class actors.

https://jacobin.com/2021/12/the-democrats-are-trying-to-lose

55ce6af382abc3df29f7b4805084d673

"Left wing"
yeah, i went and checked her twitter to see how "leftwing" she is... hint: She's not very.
She's a "populist" which is to say she likes left wing ideas when they were fashionable under Obama but now the left can't meme so she just had to switch to the other side.
Everyone that steps out of line and thinks for themselves is a grifter. Or far right. Or something something something. It's getting comical now how quickly these people will scream heresy.
Sorry but just because you guys say she's a left winger doesn't mean she is. The one thing she can actually say she likes about DeSantis is his environmental track record. Which is fair, he's far better than Rick Scott and solid for a Republican. But the key caveat there is "for a Republican"

The GOP here is less retarded on the environment because our natural ecosystems are very sensitive as well as being tourist gold mines. But at the national level I doubt DeSantis could rally the GOP towards a pro-environment message.

But then she mentions more that's wrong with him like his obsession with the culture wars as well as the fact that he signed an anti-protestor bill(which was only used to target leftists and was ignored when right wing protestors ran afoul of it). So great, he's not as shit as other Republicans but is that enough? Well according to her Democrats are ruining our lives somehow, not explained at all and I doubt she could, so yeah let's vote for a right wing culture warrior who wants to suppress leftist political speech because maybe he'll ban plastic straws.

I mean I like him but its based primarily on him being a fellow Florida-bro. Though in fairness he was born in Jacksonville which is kinda sus if you ask me. Let's just say if you're black, drive around the city and avoid the cops at all costs haha.

Last edited:
Back