Left Wing Political Commentaor Michael Brooks Just Died

Destiny took him badly out of context and put words in his mouth in order to slander him. Even Destiny's own audience turned on him when he pulled that shit.

Also, I lost respect for Destiny when I found out he was a literal cuck who "likes to suck dick". He lets other guys fuck his girlfriend and then sucks their dicks. He also looks like a hypocrite because he talked shit about guys his age who date girls that young and then he goes and gets involved in a CUCK relationship with a girl that young. He's like the caricature of what right wingers think of leftists, but of course he's not a real leftist, he's a centrist liberal.

Holy shit that's a massive yikes from me.

Destiny is not interested in improving peoples lives. Hes only interested in flexing his ego and being a contrarian, and sitting on his computer all day. He's a weak, impotent man who is the embodiment of what I accuse JVS and others of being - a faux intellectual that treats politics as an intellectual game that is disinterested from the material consequences of those politics.

Destiny is not interested in improving peoples lives. Hes only interested in flexing his ego and being a contrarian, and sitting on his computer all day. He's a weak, impotent man who is the embodiment of what I accuse JVS and others of being - a faux intellectual that treats politics as an intellectual game that is disinterested from the material consequences of those politics.
Well stated. I hate that he's still listed as a "social democrat" on Wikipedia. He might have thought he was one at one point, but he's obviously a centrist liberal who basically stands for nothing. Just like his boy Booty Judge.

Destiny took him badly out of context and put words in his mouth in order to slander him. Even Destiny's own audience turned on him when he pulled that shit.

Also, I lost respect for Destiny when I found out he was a literal cuck who "likes to suck dick". He lets other guys fuck his girlfriend and then sucks their dicks. He also looks like a hypocrite because he talked shit about guys his age who date girls that young and then he goes and gets involved in a CUCK relationship with a girl that young. He's like the caricature of what right wingers think of leftists, but of course he's not a real leftist, he's a centrist liberal.

Hahahaha, I made it 4 minutes in, to the point where this Destiny moron - and I can safely conclude he is a moron now - said that class analyses and arguments that the poor are systemically oppressed is a LIBERTARIAN line of thinking.

Fucking seriously? How could anyone botch such a simple analysis there? He's poking fun at the simplicity of libertarian ideology while still failing to identify its basic proposition: that the market system doesn't discriminate and that the black underclass struggles due to government dependence, failings of culture, lack of hard work, etc.

He's a sociopath, and his fanbase looks more and more like the Jordan Peterson/Sam Harris one.

It's all about using rethorical tricks and whataboutism to the point that there is no substance in the conversation anymore

It's not about reality anymore but ad nauseum conceptualisation.

These people spend to much time arguing in front of a computer and definitely lack life experience.

Hahahaha, I made it 4 minutes in, to the point where this Destiny moron - and I can safely conclude he is a moron now - said that class analyses and arguments that the poor are systemically oppressed is a LIBERTARIAN line of thinking.

Fucking seriously? How could anyone botch such a simple analysis there? He's poking fun at the simplicity of libertarian ideology while still failing to identify its basic proposition: that the market system doesn't discriminate and that the black underclass struggles due to government dependence, failings of culture, lack of hard work, etc.
Earlier itt, another poster posted a clip of a regular caller from the Michael brooks show destroying him. Destiny suggested it was conspiratorial institution-weakening drivel to say that cabinet appointments have a substantive affect on the departments that they run. When the guy countered by citing numerous examples of the EPA rolling back dramatic environmental protections, destiny simply shrugged and said its not an example of the EPA changing its policy and orientation.

He's actually out here trying to convince people that cabinet appointments are unimportant and who presidents select to head these institutions has little effect on their orientation.

What I hate the most about destiny btw (I know it's not the topic but still) is that he's debating only to debate.

Kyle or Hasan (yes they're different but still) gonna talk about policy effects on the people on a global scale, Destiny gonna search a study on Google and spend one hour speaking to a guy to demonstrate that 1% of his argumentation is false because of the study he found on Google.

Basically it's macro Vs micro, speaking about the bigger picture or spending 3 hours masturbating on a small detail, because I have to win the debate.

It's an autistic way to interact, and you'll never speak about real issues by spending all your time doing that.

Yes, that was very much a WTF moment for me. Trying to pin Brooks as a "class reductionist" to begin with is idiotic, and then ascribing that to a libertarian position is ridiculous. Destiny is sort of a centrist liberal Ben Shapiro, he can think and talk fast and fool you into thinking he's intelligent at first, but scratch on the surface and you realize how shallow he is and that he's a hack.

What I hate the most about destiny btw (I know it's not the topic but still) is that he's debating only to debate.

Kyle or Hasan (yes they're different but still) gonna talk about policy effects on the people on a global scale, Destiny gonna search a study on Google an spend one hour speaking to a guy to demonstrate that 1% of his argumentation is false because of the study he found on Google.

Basically it's macro Vs micro, speaking about the bigger picture or spending 3 hours masturbating on a small detail, because I have to win the debate.

It's an autistic way to interact, and you'll never speak about real issues by spending all your time doing that.
No no no. Thats what Real And mature political analysis looks like. Just ask Jvs. Political analysis isn't about understanding systems of power and their architecture, how geo politics fit together, the historical conflict between the interests of the peasantry and the elite. No no no. Political analysis is autistically obsessing over whether a 1% or 2% increase in wealth taxes will alleviate 2% of child hood poverty over a 20 year time frame or whatever laughably milquetoast neoliberal reforms these guys are suggesting.

Earlier itt, another poster posted a clip of a regular caller from the Michael brooks show destroying him. Destiny suggested it was conspiratorial institution-weakening drivel to say that cabinet appointments have a substantive affect on the departments that they run. When the guy countered by citing numerous examples of the EPA rolling back dramatic environmental protections, destiny simply shrugged and said its not an example of the EPA changing its policy and orientation.

He's actually out here trying to convince people that cabinet appointments are unimportant and who presidents select to head these institutions has little effect on their orientation.

Yeah, that's indefensibly daft given what we know about the current operation of the Dept of Education, EPA, and Postal Service.

No no no. Thats what Real And mature political analysis looks like. Just ask Jvs. Political analysis isn't about understanding systems of power and their architecture, how geo politics fit together, the historical conflict between the interests of the peasantry and the elite. No no no. Political analysis is autistically obsessing over whether a 1% or 2% increase in wealth taxes will alleviate 2% of child hood poverty over a 20 year time frame or whatever laughably milquetoast neoliberal reforms these guys are suggesting.

Yeah, and tbh, I don't understand why, but I see that only in the USA.

Nobody debate like that in the west.
I'm from France, we're famous for debating and having intellectual discussions all the time, french philosophy is well known, and we like to speak about concepts.

But this autistic way is not something we know or respect.

I feel it's really an expression of privilege actually, I'm not affected by policies so I don't really care, i'm gonna just be obssessed about details because my underaged no life fanbase think this is smart and mature.

Yeah, no, somebody who cares and want to speak about real issues, will just say "ok great move on, let's speak about what matters".

Yeah, and tbh, I don't understand why, but I see that only in the USA.

Nobody debate like that in the west.
I'm from France, we're famous for debating and having intellectual discussions all the time, french philosophy is well known, and we like to speak about concepts.

But this autistic way is not something we know or respect.

I feel it's really an expression of privilege actually, I'm not affected by policies so I don't really care, i'm gonna just be obssessed about details because my underaged no life fanbase think this is smart and mature.

Yeah, no, somebody who cares and want to speak about real issues, will just say "ok great move on, let's speak about what matters".
Yeah, I don't think it's coincidental that his politics went from self-described "social democrat" to neoliberal when he became a millionaire. From his place of privilege it doesn't matter if tens of millions of Americans are not insured or under-insured, he'll still have access to the best healthcare in the world in his income bracket. Just like his boy Booty Judge, who supported single-payer healthcare and other left-wing policies and then started taking corporate and big donor money and became a neoliberal. They never actually stood for anything, they were just trying to find an angle.

Yeah, I don't think it's coincidental that his politics went from self-described "social democrat" to neoliberal when he became a millionaire. From his place of privilege it doesn't matter if tens of millions of Americans are not insured or under-insured, he'll still have access to the best healthcare in the world in his income bracket. Just like his boy Booty Judge, who supported single-payer healthcare and other left-wing policies and then started taking corporate and big donor money and became a neoliberal. They never actually stood for anything, they were just trying to find an angle.

Obviously.

The thing who bother me more, is how culturally the USA became a place where this is considered THE way to debate and to show you're smart, by autisticaly cherry picking small details, on academic studies you didn't really analysed.
(Knowing you'll always find studies saying the opposite because it's always the case in academic).

I think it's actually a generational thing, young people who interact only by internet, I'm 41 we didn't have Google when we use to debate on serious issues, so we don't really care about a 1% hypothetical factual error if 99% of the argument makes lot of sense.

Btw the most mature way is to understand that sometimes you can't prove what's right or wrong, most importants debates are not backed up by stats or studies.

Yes, that was very much a WTF moment for me. Trying to pin Brooks as a "class reductionist" to begin with is idiotic, and then ascribing that to a libertarian position is ridiculous. Destiny is sort of a centrist liberal Ben Shapiro, he can think and talk fast and fool you into thinking he's intelligent at first, but scratch on the surface and you realize how shallow he is and that he's a hack.
I don't really like listening to him but he deserves credit for turning people away from white nationalism with his debates.

He's a sociopath, and his fanbase looks more and more like the Jordan Peterson/Sam Harris one.

It's all about using rethorical tricks and whataboutism to the point that there is no substance in the conversation anymore

It's not about reality anymore but ad nauseum conceptualisation.

These people spend to much time arguing in front of a computer and definitely lack life experience.

His debates with Pakman are great. Such a contrast in styles. Pakman sons him in the most calm manner.

I don't really like listening to him but he deserves credit for turning people away from white nationalism with his debates.
Yeah, and plenty of people on the left like Michael Brooks and Kyle Kulinski have given him credit for that. The fact that he then turns around and slanders them shows his low character and narcissism.

Yeah, and plenty of people on the left like Michael Brooks and Kyle Kulinski have given him credit for that. The fact that he then turns around and slanders them shows his low character and narcissism.

DIdn't he start slandering them when they became full on "Bernie or bust"-bros? I thought Destiny had a point there

Back