Left Wing Political Commentaor Michael Brooks Just Died

Hollywood Jack

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
It's trending on Twitter. Lots of condolence tweets from fellow leftists like Abby Martin, John Iadarola, etc. I'll try to find some news sources on this when they become available, but this appears to be VERY real, unfortunately. R.I.P.

Alright, Heavy has a report on this:

Michael Brooks, the popular host of The Michael Brooks Show, has died suddenly of a medical condition, his production team announced. The Michael Brooks Show posted a statement on Twitter on July 20, writing, “It is with a heavy heart that we announce the unexpected passing of Michael Brooks: a son, brother, friend and true comrade to so many, due to a sudden medical condition.” No further details were provided about his cause of death.

Rest in power pic.twitter.com/3BSsjnqovJ

— TMBS – The Michael Brooks Show (@tmbsfm) July 20, 2020

The statement adds, “His family will release a statement in the near future about plans to keep his work alive by creating a foundation in his honor. While the form it will take is uncertain, Michael’s family desires to keep his work alive and asks all who wish to contribute continue doing so in the usual channels. Now we will honor Michael by treating all humans with respect and dignity.”

https://heavy.com/news/2020/07/michael-brooks-dead/

Holy fuck. That's so unexpected. Was just listening to TMBS last night. He seemed in perfect health. Life is weird. TMR won't be the same as it was him and Sam who carried the show.
RIP.

Last edited:
No idea who he is, but he looks far too young. Life...

This is fucked. I've been a big fan of Michael's since 2013. Dude was hilarious and incredibly smart.

Apparently his colleagues from The Majority Report found out that he died live on air today.

Fuck, I can't believe it. I hear his voice nearly every day, I've related to the guy so much. I would have never guessed. Dude had a great heart and was genuinely funny, I'm really going to miss hearing him.

Dieing young and suddenly with 0 cause given most often means suicide or drug overdose

Sucks for his family to lose someone like that. I always feel like those situations cause an element of guilt to the family that perhaps they could have done something or done more to help

Never heard of him.
He was a comedian and a political commentator on The Majority Report with Sam Seder and The Michael Brooks Show. He was well known for dunking on Dave Rubin and his impersonations of people like Obama, Mandela and Rubin himself. Very smart and funny guy. He will be missed.

Dieing young and suddenly with 0 cause given most often means suicide or drug overdose

Sucks for his family to lose someone like that. I always feel like those situations cause an element of guilt to the family that perhaps they could have done something or done more to help

I don't know what happened, but I have heard Michael talking about having health problems like severe migraines in passing on his shows over the years.

I don't know what happened, but I have heard Michael talking about having health problems like severe migraines over in passing on his shows over the years.

Huh. Maybe it could be an annurism or something. Grant from Mythbusters just got taken out by that.

Not saying at all that it’s certain, but I’ve just seen so, so many times the sudden death, no listed cause, and then a few days later it’s either drugs or suicide like 80+% of the time

Says medical condition. I just can't imagine him going out like that. Way to throw it out there with no evidence though.

RIP sir.

Initially thought it was Brooks from the analysis segments on NPR with E.J. Dionne, but that's David Brooks.

Will check out some of his material; anyone who decides to live a public life with their viewpoints on display, fully open to criticism, deserves a gander IMO.

Back