Left Hook is the best takedown - Michael Bisping

Fighters start to decline dramatically in their late 30s. This isn't news to most people and Bisping was two years older than GSP around that age range and Bisping's performance against Henderson in his first title fight showed he was already declining. And how do you know GSP wasn't preparing for his match with Bisping just as much as Bisping was?

Well, first of all I did not see some heavy decline in Bisping's performance vs Hendo. Nothing special, Bisping is far from being consistent and his all career showed that.

Secondly, yes , fighters tend to decline in their late 30s...but that's not a rule, and what's DEFINITE that you cannot put some specific age and say "before that age he's still OK, after that age he descends". It doesn't work like that. At all.
Adn that's exactly what you do, and that's where you're wrong.

Ah, and... as of preparation for the match...yes, of course GSP started preparing in a timely manner....but he started it by being ABSOLUTELY OUT of fighting shape

Fighters start to decline dramatically in their late 30s. This isn't news to most people and Bisping was two years older than GSP around that age range and Bisping's performance against Henderson in his first title fight showed he was already declining. And how do you know GSP wasn't preparing for his match with Bisping just as much as Bisping was?
His performance against Hendo is your example? How did he do against Dan when he was younger? See a few posts above.

Well, first of all I did not see some heavy decline in Bisping's performance vs Hendo. Nothing special, Bisping is far from being consistent and his all career showed that.

Secondly, yes , fighters tend to decline in their late 30s...but that's not a rule, and what's DEFINITE that you cannot put some specific age and say "before that age he's still OK, after that age he descends". It doesn't work like that. At all.
Adn that's exactly what you do, and that's where you're wrong.

Ah, and... as of preparation for the match...yes, of course GSP started preparing in a timely manner....but he started it by being ABSOLUTELY OUT of fighting shape

Bisping got KO'd in the first round against Gastelum a month after his fight with GSP. He was clearly extremely shot by then. If you disagree, tell me why you think Bisping was still in his prime against GSP when he fought him.

His performance against Hendo is your example? How did he do against Dan when he was younger? See a few posts above.

Dan Henderson was on TRT for that fight and eight years younger.

Watched UFC last night and when I saw Bisping grasp a football and throw it, I laughed my ass off and couldn't believe my eyes.Hes throws a football like a 15 year old female would and had the stones to say he played some pigskin back in college or something.

A bit out of leftfield but had to throw comment in.

There was UFC on last night (Wednesday night)?

Bisping got KO'd in the first round against Gastelum a month after his fight with GSP. He was clearly extremely shot by then. If you disagree, tell me why you think Bisping was still in his prime against GSP when he fought him.

Wow, you mean Bisping got KO'd more easily after being battered by GSP and being dumb enough to fight A MONTH later?

I didnt know concussed people got KO'd easier than non concussed people.. thanks for the explanation you fucking idiot

Wow, you mean Bisping got KO'd more easily after being battered by GSP and being dumb enough to fight A MONTH later?

I didnt know concussed people got KO'd easier than non concussed people.. thanks for the explanation you fucking idiot

Frankie Edgar fought Cub Swanson a month after being KO'd by Ortega. And won. Plus the history of MMA is filled with tourneys where fighters would fight multiple times in the same night and win. This is no excuse for GSP's lacklustre performance against a shot Bisping.

Frankie Edgar fought Cub Swanson a month after being KO'd by Ortega. And won. Plus the history of MMA is filled with tourneys where fighters would fight multiple times in the same night and win. This is no excuse for GSP's lacklustre performance against a shot Bisping.

you must just be toner/dozer at this point, I don't know anybody stupid enough to think GSP coming back after 4 years off at a higher weight class after two ACL surgeries and destroying bisping isnt impressive, let alone using the fact that a concussed bisping lost to kelvin gastelum after his chin was literally just demolished for three rounds as ammunition to attack GSP

Like, you should really reflect on how powerful your hatred of him is. You're not even trying to use logic. Frankie Edgar won, but it wasn't fucking SMART and even he admitted it was a dangerous game to play.

I don't know when Bisping WAS in his prime.
Honestly.
As I mentioned, he's a very inconsistent fighter. I think it's more about the matchups.

And Gastelum is amazing, if you cannot see it from his recent fights, you have a problem

They were both in their 30s but Bisping was closer to 40 while GSP was closer to 35. That is a pretty big advantage when you're both in your late 30s and again, Bisping looked like crap in his first title defence and had been out for a year.

So if a 34 year old fought a 36 year old then you could say that there is a 10 year gap between them...because the 34 year old is closer to 30, and the 36 year old is closer to 40.

LOL.

you must just be toner/dozer at this point, I don't know anybody stupid enough to think GSP coming back after 4 years off at a higher weight class after two ACL surgeries and destroying bisping isnt impressive, let alone using the fact that a concussed bisping lost to kelvin gastelum after his chin was literally just demolished for three rounds as ammunition to attack GSP

Like, you should really reflect on how powerful your hatred of him is. You're not even trying to use logic. Frankie Edgar won, but it wasn't fucking SMART and even he admitted it was a dangerous game to play.

This is pretty much just an entire post of BAWWING at your inability to refute any of my points with anything approaching logic. Again, the sport of MMA is full of people fighting at top performance despite fighting multiple times in the same month and sometimes even the same night. It's pathetic how people unreservedly slobber all over GSP's knob on this forum at times.

Bisping won some and lost some, he probably didn't even deserve a title shot, you show me where he dropped off. Not like he was some dominating fighter before he suddenly aged. I just don't see how you go from Bisping who lost after every couple wins, to old man Bisping because a killer like Gastelum Ko'ed his ass. Was GSP in his prime? Your argument doesn't make sense. When was Bispings prime? When Wandy beat him? lol

This is pretty much just an entire post of BAWWING at your inability to refute any of my points with anything approaching logic. Again, the sport of MMA is full of people fighting at top performance despite fighting multiple times in the same month and sometimes even the same night. It's pathetic how people unreservedly slobber all over GSP's knob on this forum at times.

dude, do you know the reason the fucking athletic comissions don't allow one night tournaments anymore?

ITS BECAUSE OF FUCKING SCIENCE

what does science say?

it says if YOU HAVE A FUCKING CONCUSSION, DON'T GET PUNCHED IN THE HEAD MORE. GUESS WHAT HAPPENS? YOU GET KO'D MORE EASILY.

I don't know when Bisping WAS in his prime.
Honestly.
As I mentioned, he's a very inconsistent fighter. I think it's more about the matchups.

And Gastelum is amazing, if you cannot see it from his recent fights, you have a problem

So you're not even denying that Bisping was shot by then. Thanks.

So if a 34 year old fought a 36 year old then you could say that there is a 10 year gap between them...because the 34 year old is closer to 30, and the 36 year old is closer to 40.

LOL.

That's not what I said though.

I think that Mike Bisping was correct in that one . In one of their press conferences he was talking about how GSP will not stand with bisping and try to just wrestle him and he gave there a good quote which was Left Hook is the best takedown . GSP proved that to be true .

Georges-St-Pierre-def-Michael-Bisping-for-middleweight-title-submission-rear-naked-choke-part-2.gif

Another example of shit like this happened was when Faber was making fun of Dom's punching power

cruz-drops-faber-2.gif

636037938309117498-183722588_cruzdropsfaber.gif

In all fairness, Dom does have some pretty weak ass punches. He beats guys with his volume and footwork This was Oldman Faber too.

Bisping won some and lost some, he probably didn't even deserve a title shot, you show me where he dropped off. Not like he was some dominating fighter before he suddenly aged. I just don't see how you go from Bisping who lost after every couple wins, to old man Bisping because a killer like Gastelum Ko'ed his ass. Was GSP in his prime? Your argument doesn't make sense. When was Bispings prime? When Wandy beat him? lol

IMO his prime ended after he fought CB Dollaway. He just didn't look very good after that despite fighting mostly past-their-prime fighters like him. GSP may or may not have still been in his prime but Bisping was 100% shot when he fought him.

dude, do you know the reason the fucking athletic comissions don't allow one night tournaments anymore?

ITS BECAUSE OF FUCKING SCIENCE

what does science say?

it says if YOU HAVE A FUCKING CONCUSSION, DON'T GET PUNCHED IN THE HEAD MORE. GUESS WHAT HAPPENS? YOU GET KO'D MORE EASILY.

Science says people are more likely to take permanent head damage after getting concussed. It says nothing about performance or even likelihood of being KO'd.

So you're not even denying that Bisping was shot by then. Thanks.

Where did I say that? And what exactly do you mean by "shot"?
He got his first heavy KO at UFC 100...

Where did I say that? And what exactly do you mean by "shot"?
He got his first heavy KO at UFC 100...

By shot I mean he was past his prime and no longer capable of fighting at his peak any more. And the Rockhold KO was a fluke, practically anybody could have walked into that arena and KO'd Rockhold on that night.

IMO his prime ended after he fought CB Dollaway. He just didn't look very good after that despite fighting mostly past-their-prime fighters like him. GSP may or may not have still been in his prime but Bisping was 100% shot when he fought him.

Science says people are more likely to take permanent head damage after getting concussed. It says nothing about performance or even likelihood of being KO'd.
Champion 100% shot, got ya buddeh. Guy lost to any real name he ever fought, but then beats Andy, and Luke captures the title defends against Hendo and he's shot. Makes sense.

By shot I mean he was past his prime and no longer capable of fighting at his peak any more. And the Rockhold KO was a fluke, practically anybody could have walked into that arena and KO'd Rockhold on that night.
This kills your argument, Bisping mind fucked Luke and had him pressing for the first round finish.

Champion 100% shot, got ya buddeh. Guy lost to any real name he ever fought, but then beats Andy, and Luke captures the title defends against Hendo and he's shot. Makes sense.

Anderson Sliva was off-roids and so far past his prime it wasn't even funny. Luke was a fluke and Bisping looked awful against Hendo.

This kills your argument, Bisping mind fucked Luke and had him pressing for the first round finish.

Meh, I think mind games are overrated in their effectiveness on here. They make fights fun but they don't win them IMO.

Back