Left handed Orthodox.... normal?

Cotto, ODLH and I think Frazier was also converted Victor Ortiz I think is a righty who fights southpaw. The problem you can have is that your rear hand becomes very weak if you're someone who already prefers to strike with your lead hand Ortiz and Cotto have both great lead hands and not so great rear hand strikes. The advantage is that your lead hook and especially your jab are most likely going to be much more powerful than of the most fighters. Anderson Silva is also converted and he knocked Forrest down with a jab

Miguel Cotto is the same and it work for him. Not to mention he has unsurprisingly good left hooks.

Since a punch is 90% hips and legs anyway, does it make a huge difference which hand you write with?

Yes. Since I am left handed I have greater coordination driving off my left leg. If I switched to orthodox I would not only have worse coordination with my right hand but also with driving with my right leg.

I'm a right-handed guy who likes to fight southpaw. I liked the "power" jab with my right. I was a bit unusual in that my dominant leg (left) is opposite from my dominant hand. Standing southpaw allowed me to throw my dominant leg (my left) as my back leg (thus generating more power) to hit an inside legkick which really threw a lot sparring partners off.

I have to revive this thread.im from a Wrestling Background too and joined a boxing class not to long ago.i write with my left Hand,but i throw things with my right and it looks awkward doing it with my left.i cant catch anything with my left but only with my right.southpaw feels a little bit more natural tho. I trained for nearly two months southpaw but thinking about switching.would it be Bad for my devolepment to Train different stances ?should i just focus on southpaw or orthodox?thanks

Back