Opinion Lebron James in America is "hands up, don't shoot". Lebron James in China is....

What did LeBron do that was against something he preached?
Well for one he won't "shut up and dribble" in the US, but when China says it, he does it quite easily for the right amount of money.

lol you're about as dumb as Lebron if you think he is a worldly know-it all.
The dude literally couldn't describe the difference between a public school vs charter school correctly while pretending to open his "I Promise" academy in Akron as part of a big Nike marketing campaign.

It’s about being perceptive right ?

hi brackis1,

good post.

lol, its pretty hilarious that so many are assuming that a basketball player (even a very wealthy basketball player) suddenly has become well versed topics that have nothing to do with putting a ball in a hoop - particularly once you get into the realm of foreign affairs in Asia.

its goofy.

- IGIT
Maybe, it's a country he has been to a bunch of times. You think I would know world wide news on it?

Well for one he won't "shut up and dribble" in the US, but when China says it, he does it quite easily for the right amount of money.

hello Ramon Antonio,

Mr. Trump was told in no uncertain terms that if he wanted a trade deal, he'd better keep his mouth shut about Hong Kong, so that's what he's doing...because MONEY.

*ponders*

who the hell does Lebron James think he is, to sacrifice his values for money? he's not the President. only the POTUS is allowed to sacrifice this nation's (which Reagan called "the shining city on the hill") values for money.

- IGIT

This video does a good job of covering not only the NBA fiasco with China, but also South Park and Blizzard:

Maybe, it's a country he has been to a bunch of times. You think I would know world wide news on it?

hiya ShadowRun,

lol.

because Lebron has been to China "a bunch of times", he's suddenly going to have informed opinions about Carrie Lam's concessions that she's made thus far, and whether she needs to go further - particularly given the inconsistencies regarding China's pledge to enact the promises Beijing made to the citizens of Hong Kong back in 2007 (which they've refused to uphold)?

like, just because Lebron James has been to China, he's going to have an educated worldview regarding the manner in which Chang Tong-kai's situation has been resolved given Tsai Ing-wen's position on the incident?

ok. if you say so.

- IGIT

hi skysolo,

maybe.

then again, that makes them no worse than the rest of the United States - for the country agrees with you!

money is indeed worth more than our integrity.

i mean, let's be honest here; assuming you're not a fan of China's authoritarian government and their vast abuse of human rights, what are you doing about it?

- IGIT
Lebron and the NBA has positioned themselves as social justice warriors for change in America. The NBA moved an All Star game in protest of a seemingly discriminatory law in North Carolina.

But on the world's stage, they are told by China to shut up and they do so. Do they only have social justice values when in America? Does their values have a range like FM radio?

Last edited:
So anyone who calls out bigotry in their country has to also call out bigotry in every other country or they should stfu? How did MLK feel about India's caste system? Maybe if he had nothing to say about it, he shoulda stfu about American civil rights?
The NBA and Lebron aren't being proclaimed as the world's champion against Chinese human rights. They were told explicitly not to speak to the media about anything by the Chinese government.

Imagine if Trump forbade Lebron James from speaking to the media about Mike Brown. Do you think Lebron would have shut up and dribbled?

Who cares about human rights violations, oppression, and suppression in China? People suck anyways.

I'm just glad China is at the forefront of cleaning the planet and the leading innovators of green energy.

hi skysolo,

The point isn't what I'm going to do about. The point is that Lebron and the NBA has put themselves as social justice warriors.

you must have no idea what the "SJW" position is on the numerous US corporations that do business in China. every company from John Deere to GM - they all have proud SJW statements on their company pages, and these entities are as American as apple pie - and they're all doing exactly as they are told by the Chinese government.

so, two things about that;

1) those same corporations have attempted to maintain that pose in their US profile here on our shores because its profitable (Americans, when it comes down to it, like the idea of equality and fairness) and it also happens to be the law.

2) these laws do not exist in China, and all of these companies want to penetrate the Chinese market. without China, General Motors would probably have gone out of business by now. without China, soybean farmers (as i'm often told, farmers are salt-of-the-earth Americans....they are real Americans) are losing money hand over fist.
so...if you want to do business with China, China is demanding that Americans suspend their 1st amendment rights regarding criticism of that country.

and that's what we've done.

all
of America, not just the NBA.

maybe you can complain about Hong Kong, and China won't care - but that's because you are a nobody (just like me). if you were a "somebody", you'd find yourself bound by the same ground rules.

- IGIT

Last edited:
hi skysolo,

that's about right.

the NBA suffered to same fate as Donald Trump. they both were told not to comment on Hong Kong if they wanted to pursue financial deals with China, and that's what they're doing.

- IGIT
Then at least be honest. We only care about rights when it is in the best interests of our pocketbooks.

Put that on a billboard in the middle of Time Square.

hi skysolo,

you must have no idea what the "SJW" position is on the numerous US corporations that do business in China. every company from John Deere to GM - they all have proud SJW statements on their company pages, and these entities are as American apple pie.

so, two things about that;

1) they've attempted to maintain that pose in their US profile here on our shores, because its profitable (Americans, when it comes down to it, like the idea of equality and fairness) and it also happens to be the law here in the US.

2) these laws do not exist in China, and all of these companies want to penetrate the Chinese market. without China, General Motors would probably have out of business by now. without China, soybean farmers (as i'm often told, farmers are salt-of-the-earth Americans....they are real Americans) are losing money hand over fist.
so...if you want to do business with China, China is demanding that Americans suspend their 1st amendment rights regarding criticism of that country.

and that's what we've done.

all
of America, not just the NBA.

maybe you can complain about Hong Kong, and China won't care - but that's because you are a nobody (just like me). if you were a "somebody", you'd find yourself bound by the same ground rules.

- IGIT
You are missing the point (intentionally) and I'm not going to explain it to you again.

lol you're about as dumb as Lebron if you think he is a worldly know-it all.
The dude literally couldn't describe the difference between a public school vs charter school correctly while pretending to open his "I Promise" academy in Akron as part of a big Nike marketing campaign.
Did you really quote me so that you can call Lebron James dumb? I'm sure you are very smart and your manhood is very big.

Then at least be honest. We only care about rights when it is in the best interests of our pocketbooks.

Put that on a billboard in the middle of Time Square.

hi skysolo,

i wish the POTUS and all US corporations would just spell it out, sure.

then again, i don't need it spelled out to me. i'm actually surprised so many posters on this forum had their cherry popped on this topic because of the NBA's recent activities.

like, its kind of funny to me.

- IGIT

This guy has a new argument that I have never heard before. Of course Lebron and the NBA brass stayed quiet and did what they were told by the Chinese. They don't know anything about China. They have never read a newspaper or spoken to anyone. They are stupid basketball players who only know how to shoot hoops.

You are missing the point (intentionally) and I'm not going to explain it to you again.

hi skysolo,

nope.

i'm not going to allow you to just narrow this down to the NBA, though it probably feels morally triumphant for you to do so.

its an indictment on the entire country, along with the sitting President of the United States.

that's just the way it is, my friend.

- IGIT

The people criticizing LeBron can't imagine the things he has gone through.

How many of you had your $18 Million mansion vandalized by white supremacists in the middle of the night while being a colored person in America? That's what I thought. Stay in your lane.

Okay.

What did LeBron do that was against something he preached? I didn't see anything preached in your response except "shut up and dribble". Is that a quote from LeBron?

The people criticizing LeBron can't imagine the things he has gone through.

How many of you had your $18 Million mansion vandalized by white supremacists in the middle of the night while being a colored person in America? That's what I thought. Stay in your lane.
LOL who said it was "white supremacists" who did it or if it happened at all? There weren't even any evidence other than him saying so.

hi all,

these threads sure do seem to lose their momentum (and lose a bit of their fun) when we're no longer slagging on guys that play basketball, and instead have to spread that outrage around to...
AT&T
Abercrombe & Fitch
Abbott Laboratories
Ademco Security
ADI Security
AGI- American Gem Institute
AIG Financial
Agrilink Foods, Inc. (ProFac)
Allergan Laboratories
American Eagle Outfitters
American Standard
American Tourister
Ames Tools
Amphenol Corporation
Amway Corporation
Analog Devices, Inc.
Apple Computer
Ashland Chemical
Ashley Furniture
Associated Grocers
AutoZone, Inc.
Avon
Banana Republic
Bausch & Lomb, Inc.
Baxter International
Bed, Bath & Beyond
Best Buy
Best Foods
Big 5 Sporting Goods
Black & Decker
Body Shop
Borden Foods
Briggs & Stratton
Campbell 's Soup
Carole Cable
Casio Instrument
Caterpillar, Inc.
CBC America
CCTV Outlet
Checker Auto
CitiCorp
Cisco Systems
Claire's Boutique
Cobra Electronics
Coby Electronics
Coca Cola Foods
Colgate-Palmolive
Colorado Spectrum
ConAgra Foods
Cooper Tire
Corning, Inc.
Coleman Sporting Goods
Compaq
Crabtree & Evelyn
Cracker Barrel Stores
Craftsman Tools (see Sears)
Cummins, Inc.
Dannon Foods
Dell Computer
Del Monte Foods
Dewalt Tools
DHL
Dial Corporation
Diebold, Inc.
Dillard's, Inc.
Dodge-Phelps
Dole Foods
Dollar Tree Stores, Inc.
Dow-Corning
Eastman Kodak
EchoStar
Eclipse CCTV
Edge Electronics Group
Electric Vehicles USA, Inc.
Eli Lilly Company
Emerson Electric
Estee Lauder
Eveready
Family Dollar Stores
FedEx
Fisher Scientific
Ford Motors
Fossil
Frito Lay
Furniture Brands International
GAP Stores
Gateway Computer
GE, General Electric
General Foods International
General Mills
General Motors
Gentek
Gerber Foods
Gillette Company
Goodrich Company
Goodyear Tire
Google
Guess?
Haagen-Dazs
Harley Davidson
Hasbro Company
Heinz Foods
Hershey Foods
Holt's Automotive Products
Hormel Foods
Home Depot
Hoover Vacuum
HP Computer
Honeywell
Hubbell Inc.
Huggies
Hunts-Wesson Foods
ICON Office Solutions
IBM
Intel Corporation
J.C. Penny's
J.M. Smucker Company
John Deere
Johnson Control
Johnson & Johnson
Johnstone Supply
KB Home
Keebler Foods
Kenwood Audio
KFC, Kentucky Fried Chicken
Kimberly Clark
K-Mart
Kohler
Kohl's Corporation
Kraft Foods
Land's End
Lexmark
LG Electronics
Lipton Foods
L.L. Bean, Inc.
Libby's Foods
Linen & Things
Lipo Chemicals, Inc.
Lowe's Hardware
Lucent Technologies
Lufkin
Mars Candy
Martha Stewart Products
Mattel
McCormick Foods
McDonald's
McKesson Corporation
Megellan GPS
Memorex
Merck & Company
Michael's Stores
Mobile Oil
Molex
Motorola
Motts Applesauce
Multifoods Corporation
Nabisco Foods
National Semiconductor
Nescafe
Nestles Foods
Nike
Northrop Grumman Corporation
NuSkin International
Nutrilite (see Amway)
Nvidia Corporation (G-Force)
Office Depot
Olin Corporation
Old Navy
Orion-Knight Electronics
Pacific Sunwear, Inc.
Pamper's
Panvise
Papa Johns
Payless Shoesource
Pelco
Pep Boy's
Pepsico International
PetsMart
Petco
Pfizer, Inc.
Phillip Morris Companies
Pier 1 Imports
Pillsbury Company
Pitney Bowes, Inc.
Pizza Hut
Plantronics
PlaySchool Toys
Polaris Industries
Polaroid
Polo (see Ralph Loren)
Post Cereals
Price-Pfister
Pringles
Praxair
Proctor & Gamble
PSS World Medical
Pyle Audio
Qualcomm
Quest One
Radio Shack
Ralph Loren
Reebok International
Reynolds Aluminum
Revlon
Samsonite
Shell Oil
Schwinn Bike
Sears-Craftsman
Seven-Eleven (7-11)
Sherwin-Williams
Shure Electronics
Speco Technologies/Pro Video
Shopko Stores
Skechers Footwear
SmartHome
Smucker's (see J.M. Smucker's)
Solar Power, Inc.
Spencer Gifts
Stanley Tools
Staple's
Starbucks Corporation
Steelcase, Inc.
STP Oil
Sunkist Growers
SunMaid Raisins
Sunglass Hut
Sunkist
Subway Sandwiches
Switchcraft Electronics
SYSCO Foods
Sylvania Electric
3-M
Target
Texas Instruments
Timex
Timken Bearing
TNT
Tommy Hilfiger
Tower Automotive
Toy's R Us, Inc.
Trader Joe's
Tripp-lite
True Value Hardware
Tupper Ware
Tyson Foods
UPS
Valspar Corporation
Victoria 's Secret
VTech
Walgreen Company
Walt Disney Company
Walmart
WD-40 Corporation
Weller Electric Company
Western Digital
Westinghouse Electric
Whirlpool Corporation
Wilson Sporting Goods
Wrigley
WW Grainger, Inc.
Wyeth Laboratories
X-10
Xelite
Xerox
Yahoo
Yoplait Foods
Yum Brands
Zale Corporation

every one of these US companies has proud SJW statements on their company websites, and every one of them has been told to shut up by China regarding Hong Kong - just like our President has.

and every one of them has obeyed - just like our President has.

lol, but y'all just continue jettisoning your anger at basketball players. its a sad commentary on the US citizenry that we're giving all of those entities a free pass on China, but we're depending on a group of athletes to clarify the US moral position on Hong Kong.

while you're pondering this, make sure to set fire to your computer, because you know...made in China.

- IGIT

Back