Leben on his performance and Brunson.

I have to agree , Where is Houston Alexander didn't he drop to MW LOL

How bout Melvin Manhoef? I'd love to see that fight. Really enjoyed the knee to the body KO of Kang NYE.

Manhoef vs Leben...lets make it happen Dana!!

How bout Melvin Manhoef? I'd love to see that fight. Really enjoyed the knee to the body KO of Kang NYE.

Manhoef vs Leben...lets make it happen Dana!!

Great idea! We should all twitter bomb dana on this one. Nothing wrong with fun, for the fans, fights.

I'm a Leben fan but his "zombie boxing" isn't winning him fights anymore. No-one is gonna stand in front of him and give him what he wants. If he keeps getting beat in similar fashion that he only has himself to blame and maybe its time he puts his entire skill-set into perspective or let the sport pass him by.

I like Leben...but the way he fights is old news.

Wow, I can't believe sherdog on this one...

Chris went in there to scrap, and got taken down, laid on, and ran away from by the bigger stronger guy.

Yes, he did look bad, but he's got short arms and is unathletic. He still clearly lost, but cut the guy some slack! If he got opponents who felt the same, chris leben would be fotn kinda guy every time.

I suggest you rewatch the fight and do it sober this time. Brunson advanced position almost every time that he put on Leben on his back and landed some hard GnP in the first round. He also out threw and outlanded Leben by a wide margin in the stand up.

By "went in the to scrap" I assume that you mean "staggered around like a zombie and threw an occasional lunging punch."

The revisionist history is laughable. As bad as he looked, Bruson outworked Leben in aspect of that fight.

Leben looked stiff as a board in there and by no means looked ready to fight.

I came in to post this. I'd be surprised that most people are putting the blame solely on Brunson for that fight sucking if I didn't already know how fucking stupid MMA fans are.

Brunson threw way more strikes than Leben. He also advanced position multiple times when he took Leben down and landed hard shots on him on the ground. Leben did nothing but lunge at him a few times. Also, keep in mind that Brunson took the fight on eight days notice when he hadn't been training and was out of shape.

Dana and most of the idiots who are abusing Brunson online are mad because they wanted Brunson go out there and stick chin in the air for Leben to hit. IMO Leben's getting a huge pass for having a laughable performance against an inexperienced, out of shape, one-dimensional fighter who was brought specifically to make him look good.

So much yes.

Brunson threw way more strikes than Leben. He also advanced position multiple times when he took Leben down and landed hard shots on him on the ground. Leben did nothing but lunge at him a few times. Also, keep in mind that Brunson took the fight on eight days notice when he hadn't been training and was out of shape.

Dana and most of the idiots who are abusing Brunson online are mad because they wanted Brunson go out there and stick chin in the air for Leben to hit. IMO Leben's getting a huge pass for having a laughable performance against an inexperienced, out of shape, one-dimensional fighter who was brought specifically to make him look good.

When most people cry about a bad or boring fight I usually find its the uneducated WWE fans, and I'm like, "boo f-ing hoo. GTFO." This time though, this was a boring, pathetically slow fight in which both fighters looked like they didn't belong in the UFC.

Brunson you can give a one-time pass, first timer, short notice, etc etc etc. BUT HE STILL WON.

Leben on the other hand - wow. What can you say. He did nothing. I like him as a fighter and I hope he gets another chance and puts on a better performance but damn. That one stunk. He gave the fight away.

Leben came in good shape, but overtrained and apparently trained too much at once as well. Strength endurance, endurance, maximum strength, power and speed training was actually all in one session. I was hoping it was just put together that way, but the way he performed I'm pretty sure he did it all at once every single time. That's a recipe for stagnation. That guy needs speed, so he can actually lay his hands on people.

I'm a Leben fan but his "zombie boxing" isn't winning him fights anymore. No-one is gonna stand in front of him and give him what he wants. If he keeps getting beat in similar fashion that he only has himself to blame and maybe its time he puts his entire skill-set into perspective or let the sport pass him by.

I like Leben...but the way he fights is old news.

Manhoef will give him what he wants...I like the twitter bomb idea

Leben came in good shape, but overtrained and apparently trained too much at once as well. Strength endurance, endurance, maximum strength, power and speed training was actually all in one session. I was hoping it was just put together that way, but the way he performed I'm pretty sure he did it all at once every single time. That's a recipe for stagnation. That guy needs speed, so he can actually lay his hands on people.

Leben has never had speed and literally every single time he loses he has some bullshit excuse. But, but my asshole was puckering from eating Gummi Bears.

Give me a break. He's a mediocre brawling version of Tito.

I thought Leben looked exceptionally slow in that fight.

lol at Brunson being boring when he carried the entire fight. Leben literally did nothing the entire fight.

Yup. Without Brunson it would have been 15 minutes of circling each other. Was he boring too? Sure, but less boring than Leben.

I suggest you rewatch the fight and do it sober this time. Brunson advanced position almost every time that he put on Leben on his back and landed some hard GnP in the first round. He also out threw and outlanded Leben by a wide margin in the stand up.

By "went in the to scrap" I assume that you mean "staggered around like a zombie and threw an occasional lunging punch."

The revisionist history is laughable. As bad as he looked, Bruson outworked Leben in aspect of that fight.

Maybe you should reread my post sober. I said he clearly lost. No way around it.

My point is that he got taken out of his element and taken to decision.

He didn't get beaten down, he's not washed up, sherdog needs to cut the man a little slack.

Leben was gassed?

WHAT!!!!????? no way. Joe Rogan went on for 2 1/2 rounds about how great his cardio was and how tired Brunson looked!

Lol yeah that was pretty funny. He kept mentioning how tired Brunson was, yet Leben was gassed too! Brunson looked much better than Leben despite taking the fight on like two weeks notice.

Leben does need speed. Its just unfortunate hes never had it and never will at this stage in his career. It all comes down to matchmaking with fighters like Leben...non-contenders should be put into fights that offer the fans a high level of entertainment. That's an idea the UFC forgets about at times. Styles make or break the entertainment value of fights

Brunson was boring. A little rich for Leben to be taking shots at a guy who clearly beat him, but I give Leben the benefit of the doubt here. he is coming off a long layoff and he is usually an exciting fighter.

I agree about leben but you have to give Brunson a break. His first fight in the UFC he did better then most on their debut. I haven't watched his old fights though sp maybe he's boring in those too.

lol at Brunson being boring when he carried the entire fight. Leben literally did nothing the entire fight.

This. Hard for me to be a fan with these shitty excuses.

I came in to post this. I'd be surprised that most people are putting the blame solely on Brunson for that fight sucking if I didn't already know how fucking stupid MMA fans are.

Absolutely agree! I picked Brunson against Leben simply because he's a far superior athlete so it didn't surprise me how the fight went & to be honest, i didn't even think it was a bad fight.

I'm getting really tired of the stupidity from fans who feel the need to criticise fighters, especially fighters who go out & win the fight. Same thing happened with Shields/Herman.. Was that the greatest fight you've ever seen? No course not, however it pissed me off that everyone rounded on Shields for his performance yet nobody had a bad word to say about Herman, who did next to nothing & even initiated alot of the grappling in that fight.

Also to go back to the point of the criticism of Brunson, especially from Dana White! I've no idea whether Dana just doesn't like Brunson or whether he was upset that Leben lost.. But i seem to remember Dana White praising Chris Weidman for stepping up & fighting Maia, even though his performance was understandably poor.. yet Weidman took that fight with Maia on the same amount of notice as Brunson took this fight!

Thing that sucks about Leben is that, well....he's not exactly a "tough nut to crack". The guy has been fighting the EXACT same way his entire career in the UFC and everyone knows it.

Back