Least impressive Champ

Esparza isn't impressive? She hasn't lost since 2011 and won the Invicta FC Straw Weight Championship. She was the favorite to win the UFC title and she easily won it against a fighter (Rose) some people thought was going to dominate the division for years.

WMMA is not impressive.

why do people keep going on about this, rory got smashed by lawler recently.

Maybe because he didn't get smashed? The fight was even going into the 3rd and a knockdown sealed the deal. It was even a split decision (not that I think that's justified). No one got smashed.

I don't get how you could think Cain is not entertaining I just can't.

As for least impressive I hate to say it but 115 pound women. Even the Carla vs Torres decision was questionable. All she did was shoot takedowns and hang on to Tecia relentlessly and most of the time she got nothing out of her attempts.

Maybe because he didn't get smashed? The fight was even going into the 3rd and a knockdown sealed the deal. It was even a split decision (not that I think that's justified). No one got smashed.
It's payback for the years of hearing about how Rory smashed Condit.

The ones who get injured and take a year or more off and hold up the division, or the ones where we keep seeing constant rematches.

Keep the god damn lunch line moving

I wonder who this guy is talking about lol.

I tend to agree though. Plus I have a hard time getting behind a champ whose best attribute is cardio.

Ronda because the division is just terrible. Not her fault though.
TJ one great win and that's it. He needs to beat barao again and a couple of more top rated fighters.

i want so badly to see him beat barao again... or just let dominic beat barao down... either way, it is a ppv i would buy

Who is currently the least impressive champion the UFC has now? someone who you hear they're fighting and you just go ehhh

I think it's got to be Cain (not due to inactivity) his fights just aren't entertaining, one sided yes, but not entertaining.

I say Cain not because he isn't entertaining but rather because I don't believe a fight with his name on it is going to happen until he is actually in the cage and the ref says "FIGHT!"

I absolutely agree with you, Dillashaw looked godlike in Barao fight. Performance of the year in my book. But after that he had a shitty outing in his first TD
That's just not true. Sure, TJ didn't finish Dillishaw in the first round like he could have, but TJ dominated that fight, clearly winning every round, taking little significant damage, and going for and getting the finish in the fifth despite not needing to.

TJ fought a conservative fight against a fighter he had not prepared for at all and knew essentially nothing about except for the fact that Soto was a reasonably good fighter who didn't belong anywhere near a title fight, and that's the right way for TJ to have fought that fight. TJ made sure he didn't get caught by something unexpected, then he easily put Soto away once Soto was gassed and TJ knew what Soto brought to the fight.

As for the question at hand, Lawler is easily the least impressive UFC champ. He may be fun to watch most of the time and have a great story, but he looked distinctly unimpressive in both of his UFC title fights, was a questionable call to get that first title fight, and hasn't defended his title yet.

Last edited:
It's pretty sad that this is considered a "shitty outing."

dillashawsoto.gif

No one has put their stamp on the WW division.

Who is currently the least impressive champion the UFC has now? someone who you hear they're fighting and you just go ehhh

I think it's got to be Cain (not due to inactivity) his fights just aren't entertaining, one sided yes, but not entertaining.

For me it's probably Mighty Mouse. He seems like a good dude, but I just don't find that whole weight class interesting. Not sure why that is, but it's true.

I'm surprised by those saying Cain. He's not the most entertaining guy outside the octagon but he's brutal in the cage and rules the biggest weight class in the UFC.

People don't realize that Joe Soto is a game competitor he's not a can by anymeans.
He also fought very defensively and employed a high guard which made it difficult for TJ to land clean, but by no means was it a poor performance. The ending sequence where Soto's guard is dropped and he drills him with a head kick is very impressive.

Last edited:
For me it's probably Mighty Mouse. He seems like a good dude, but I just don't find that whole weight class interesting. Not sure why that is, but it's true.

I'm surprised by those saying Cain. He's not the most entertaining guy outside the octagon but he's brutal in the cage and rules the biggest weight class in the UFC.

I think I can tell why you don't like that weight class.

It's pretty sad that this is considered a "shitty outing."

dillashawsoto.gif

What about him getting KTFO by a 125er?

What about him almost getting KTFO by Hugo Viana?

What about him losing to Assun

Robbie for sure. Kinda one dimensional. Doesnt use offensive wrestling or bjj. Really only boxes on the feet no real kicks in his arsenal

Back