Least impressive Champ

He always brings it when his opponents do.
Did you watch his last fight, even ?

Why should the champ take the risks when he knows he's the better man and can win more safely ?
because he wants to be paid more.

Cain for me. Mostly due to non-activity and the fact I don't really care for the current heavy weight division in general.

Lawler, especially in his second fight with Hendricks. But Rory will get rid of both of them pretty soon.

Don't hate me but it is Lawler in that I don't think he is clearly the best at 170 where as it's pretty clear that the other champions are the best.

His journey though is most impressive.

reasonable.

I Go with Jose Aldo, He's had some great fights as ufc champ but some snoozers.

Probably the WW paper champs post GSP (Hendricks, Lawler, etc.) Still not clear who is the best WW. I think MacDonald is coming for the belt though, if Dana can stop fucking with him.

Lawler. In fighting Hendricks for the second time neither of them looked "game" and he lacks a signature win at UFC WW.

why do people keep going on about this, rory got smashed by lawler recently.

Mighty mouse. I don't know what it is but I just can't get excited for the flyweight division. He needs a true rival who can threaten him or at least disrespect him.

Don't bother,it's like he only had 1 fight in hiss career for most sherdoggers.People just seem to forget every other fight where he looked like crap.

Pretty much.

He got beat by Raphael (controversial fight, i know) and woke up with a title shot. With his only notable win+ Joe Soto = He has the best footwork and whatnot, also having a great shot at beating the champ from the above weightclass

It is indeed amusing.

Last edited:
Who is currently the least impressive champion the UFC has now? someone who you hear they're fighting and you just go ehhh

I think it's got to be Cain (not due to inactivity) his fights just aren't entertaining, one sided yes, but not entertaining.

Lawler or Cain.
we're gonna hear a lot of people saying TJ but thats BS

How anyone can say TJ is beyond my comprehension.

Did you not see him obliterate Barao? it was by far the most impressive performance in a title fight last year.

Why should the champ take the risks when he knows he's the better man and can win more safely ?

Yes, I did. Fighting safely is just not my thing.
There are champs who can finish without being in danger, like Pettis.

How anyone can say TJ is beyond my comprehension.

Did you not see him obliterate Barao? it was by far the most impressive performance in a title fight last year.
People on this site cannot comprehend an underdog winning. Remember how long it took them to come around on Weidman?

With number 1 as the least impressive champ:

10: Honda
9: Jon Jones
8: Pettis
7: Cain
6: Weidman
5: Aldo
4: Mighty Mouse
3: Carla Esparza
2: Dillashaw
1: Lawler

All champs are impressive though.

Edit: Changed my mind in the bottom.

Last edited:
Wmma strawweight champion

Esparza isn't impressive? She hasn't lost since 2011 and won the Invicta FC Straw Weight Championship. She was the favorite to win the UFC title and she easily won it against a fighter (Rose) some people thought was going to dominate the division for years.

Lawler has the least impressive performance to ever win the belt, and it was his only fight.

So...Lawler.

People on this site cannot comprehend an underdog winning. Remember how long it took them to come around on Weidman?

I absolutely agree with you, Dillashaw looked godlike in Barao fight. Performance of the year in my book. But after that he had a shitty outing in his first TD and Barao looked far from great in his most recent performance. So as far as being impressive as a champ, which he is, compared to other champs he falls short. It's him, lawler or Esparza at the bottom imo. Every other champ has brutally destroyed a whole bunch of guys.

Please name 1 fight against a good guy where he looked great?

It's just like Serra who looked good against GSP for 2 rounds.

Sh** happens and he could become a phenomenal champ,but right now he's by far the least impressive.All the other ones have gone through a murderers row and looked like killers.

Serra looked good against GSP for 2 minutes, not 2 rounds. If you think TJ is unproven outside of the Barao fight, that's a reasonable opinion, but to compare his victory over Barao to Serra's over GSP is laughable.

The two female champs by default as WMMA is not as developed as men's MMA.

Champ doesn't have to, but I don't have to be interested in his fights either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back