Least Dominant Champ

Sherdog's play by play has one guy who thought so as well as mmadecisions having a majority that thought the last round was a 10 - 8

That fight wasn't so close as you are suggesting, not with that gremlin on Hominick's head...

mark-hominick-face-after-fight.jpg

Aldo? The guy who has a W over prime former LW(heavier division) champ in Frankie Edgar?? ok......

aldo is great, but i wouldnt be surprised at all if someone made it out of round 1 and 2 and wore him down for the 3rd,4th,and 5th

Excluding Weidman and Pettis and Cain..they havent really defended their belts aside from 1. I dont know in this case....certainly not GSP or Jones......Barao and Aldo or MM I guess....but those guys dominate the fights as well. Should have been Bendo if he was still champ

I THINK Weidman will be the least dominant of the CURRENT champions, but overall I would say Serra. Also most dominant would be GSP and overall Ortiz/Hughes/GSP/Silva/Liddell (All excellent in successful title defenses for the most part).

The problem is that there's just so many dominant champs with Bendo's fall there's no apparent choice. I have to say Barao simply for the fact that his title is still disputed(yes I know Barao could take down and sub Cruz easily) it's the biggest fault any of the other champs have.

probably Weidman and Pettis based off of no title defences

Cruz based off of inactivity

Barao based on not technically being the actual champ

Benson, was less than convincing in pretty much every title fight save for the Diaz fight

It really depends on what you mean by "dominant champ," i.e., whether you're referring only to how dominant they've been as champions, or how dominant they've been over their careers. Assuming you mean the latter, I'd probably go with Barao. Although he has one defense, which Pettis and Weidman don't, he never beat the champion. Pettis and Weidman both stopped the champions in the 1st and 2nd rounds, respectively. Barao won his belt via decision over a guy the real champion had already beaten.

This is not to say I don't think Barao is dominant. He is only my choice for least because he's being compared to a bunch of other dominant studs.

Pettis, never defended his belt......... yet!

Weidman was close but since he is undefeated I will put him at #2

I'm sorry but Weidman was more dominant in his one win against the MW GOAT than champs like Cruz and Mighty Mouse have been in all their defenses.

Not counting fighters with one defense or less it would be Mighty Mouse. He nearly got finished by Joe B and Dodson.

Arguably 3 rounds. Sherdog as well as many media outlets either tied the rounds with Shields or still gave them to GSP

And Condit.. 30 seconds doesn't make up for 4:30 of dominate ground control

IMO Aldo is the least dominate right now. He normally dominates the first 2 rounds but then has a close 3rd and loses the 4th and 5th (Maybe even with a 10 - 8 in Hominicks case)

How are Pettis Weidman and Cain more dominant than Aldo?...

Anyone who say's gsp is just a hater. Come on think!

I think Jones is more dominant. After he dominates his opponents he usually proceeds to put them out of their misery.

Back