Least Dominant Champ

How? He has defended his 125lb belt already, and beat top level 135 and 125 lb fighters. Or is it cause he's a small man?

He's the only (not counting the new champs) champ as of now that isn't dominant. He won a pretty close fight against Dodson, and before that a split decision,

The Dominator is the least dominant champion.

Pettis, never defended his belt......... yet!

Weidman was close but since he is undefeated I will put him at #2

I don't know because Weidman and Pettis haven't defended their belts but they may prove to be very dominant. Before Pettis won the belt this was an easy question to answer, it was Henderson.

I guess I would have to say Pettis but mainly because LW is the second most stacked division in MMA and it seems to have the most parity.

He lost what 3 rounds since losing to Serra ? I call that dominant

Arguably 3 rounds. Sherdog as well as many media outlets either tied the rounds with Shields or still gave them to GSP

And Condit.. 30 seconds doesn't make up for 4:30 of dominate ground control

IMO Aldo is the least dominate right now. He normally dominates the first 2 rounds but then has a close 3rd and loses the 4th and 5th (Maybe even with a 10 - 8 in Hominicks case)

Arguably 3 rounds. Sherdog as well as many media outlets either tied the rounds with Shields or still gave them to GSP

And Condit.. 30 seconds doesn't make up for 4:30 of dominate ground control

IMO Aldo is the least dominate right now. He normally dominates the first 2 rounds but then has a close 3rd and loses the 4th and 5th (Maybe even with a 10 - 8 in Hominicks case)

My memory is kinda weak but I don't think Mark was close to getting a 10-8 in the 5th round against Aldo. Jose was smiling at Hominicks weak ass gnp

in my opinion it has to be aldo..he usually wins the first two rounds with striking then gases and 3 rounds of either him losing or squeaking out rounds.

If he loses the last 3 rounds why is he still champ? Total retard.

He beat Edgar 3-2, get over it.

Anyone who say's gsp is just a hater. Come on think!

If you think Aldo is the least dominant champ then you don`t really understand MMA, or you are just hating.

Especially with the arguments you gave. Aldo is a beast and has currently the second most defended Belt of the Champions. he defended his FW belt 7 times. He has finished 4 of his opponents in Championship bouts. His leg kicks are the most devastating, he is super quick and knows how to pace out a 5 round fight and knows when to go for the kill.

Clearly hating.

Not sure how someone came up with Aldo...I guess I understand the points made, but eh...

If we can go with recent-ish champs, I would say Machida. His first defense against Shogun was dicey, and his 2nd resulted in him getting KO'd.

My memory is kinda weak but I don't think Mark was close to getting a 10-8 in the 5th round against Aldo. Jose was smiling at Hominicks weak ass gnp

Sherdog's play by play has one guy who thought so as well as mmadecisions having a majority that thought the last round was a 10 - 8

Probably GSP cause he needs judges to win all his fights

I would argue that GSP winning only by decision in recent years is actually a byproduct of his being so dominant.

One of the main reasons he's so difficult to defeat is because he doesn't take anything but the most calculated and minimal risks. That means fewer opportunities for finishes for him, but also fewer opportunities to even win rounds for his opponents.

He lost one round to Koscheck (which was debatable), lost 2 rounds to Shields (after the fight had pretty much been decided) and those are the only rounds he's lost since he lost to Serra that I'm aware of.

Only Jon Jones is more dominant right now though I think Hendricks will provide GSP with a difficult test (at least for a round or 2).

I think the least dominant will probably prove to be Pettis but it's very hard to say.

If you need someones opinion on who won a GSP fight , you did not watch it, GSP wins every round of every fight, it would be hard to get it wrong.

He lost what 3 rounds since losing to Serra ? I call that dominant .

least dominant, are probably Weidman or Pettis, there is no history there to prove one way or another until they defend.

Yeah Weidman has yet to defend his belt and I agree, no one watches a GSP fight and says to themselves "I wonder what the judges thought?" afterward. He's clearly the most dominant champ right now.

I think Weidman will beat the living shit out of Anderson again, so he'll at least hold it for one fight or more

Dominant to me means: most title defenses so in that case -

Silva > GSP > Aldo > Jones

It seems this thread was just made to hate on Aldo. Only Jones and GSP could even be considered more dominant than Aldo. Pettis and Weidman haven't defended their belts, Cain has had one defense, Cruz hasn't exactly dominated his two UFC fights, and Mighty Mouse almost lost to Dodson.

Back