Least Dominant Champ

jiujitsuforever

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
who is the less dominant champ in the ufc? in my opinion it has to be aldo..he usually wins the first two rounds with striking then gases and 3 rounds of either him losing or squeaking out rounds. He got beat down in the last round of the mark hom fight, gassed in the ken flo fight, didnt do anything for 3 rounds against edgar, and didnt look dominant against zombie (even though his foot hurt), also grabbed the fence for his life against mendes before ko'ing him. so i could see a guy with good cardio and a good chin beating him

I'll go with either Pettis or Weidman since they haven't defended the belt, yet.

Last edited:
Pettis i have a feeling wont have belt for years, Most dominant Georges @ this point

I don't think Pettis has as strong a hold on his division as Aldo does.

Probably GSP cause he needs judges to win all his fights

Most dominant is Weidman

Probably GSP cause he needs judges to win all his fights

Most dominant is Weidman

If you need someones opinion on who won a GSP fight , you did not watch it, GSP wins every round of every fight, it would be hard to get it wrong.

He lost what 3 rounds since losing to Serra ? I call that dominant .

least dominant, are probably Weidman or Pettis, there is no history there to prove one way or another until they defend.

Weidman/Pettis. Since they're the only UFC champs not to defend their belt.

If you think Aldo is the least dominant champ then you don`t really understand MMA, or you are just hating.

Especially with the arguments you gave. Aldo is a beast and has currently the second most defended Belt of the Champions. he defended his FW belt 7 times. He has finished 4 of his opponents in Championship bouts. His leg kicks are the most devastating, he is super quick and knows how to pace out a 5 round fight and knows when to go for the kill.

The least dominant was Benson. A lot of people feel he lost 2 or 3 of his title defenses, all of which went to decision. As I recall only the Diaz fight was a clear, unequivocal victory.

I know he's not champ anymore, but still.

If you leave out champs who haven't defended the belt that leaves:
Jones, GSP, Aldo, Cain, Barao, Mighty Mouse, and Ronda. I'm leaving Cruz out.

I'd say that Jones, Barao, Mighty Mouse, and Ronda are all dominant, leaving GSP Aldo and Cain.

I'd say GSP which is kind of a funny answer because he really is so dominant. But in his last few fights, there have been a few "oh shit he's really in trouble" moments that don't scream dominance. In contrast I never felt with any of the other champs on the list that they were in any real danger other than the Jones-Belfort armbar and when Barao got really stunned by McDonald.

Probably Weidman.

9 times out of 10 JBJ will look dominant from the start.

Weidman always seems to be seriously challenged in every fight when guys like AS or JBJ make it look like they are taking out the trash.

I'm not saying he doesn't look impressive but every fight he's in he looks half a step ahead, not 2 steps ahead like most of the other champs.

I'll go with the guys that never defended their belts... Pettis/Weidman.

Aldo has the second longest title reign, hard to call him the least dominant, lol.

Ya it would have to be Aldo, not that he isn't dominant, its just that all the other champs are way more dominant.

I don't count Pettis also, since he just became champ.

Ya it would have to be Aldo, not that he isn't dominant, its just that all the other champs are way more dominant.

I don't count Pettis also, since he just became champ.

Aldo is the longest reigning champ in the UFC aside from Georges, what are you talking about?

If you need someones opinion on who won a GSP fight , you did not watch it, GSP wins every round of every fight, it would be hard to get it wrong.

He lost what 3 rounds since losing to Serra ? I call that dominant .

least dominant, are probably Weidman or Pettis, there is no history there to prove one way or another until they defend.

image.php

Shhh don't feed the troll .

Back