Leasing vs Financing New Cars: which side are you on? What’s your reasons?

GrayArea

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
it feels like both sides are a lose-lose. You can always go the complete wild card route and buy used cars off of strangers that could cost you thousands in repairs down the road.

What do you say?

Cars are just a waist no matter what. Just finance the fucker and go on

Just buy the car after your lease if you like it.

I always hated the thought of paying for something you're not gonna keep. I'd choose the latter

This is the way to go. You can always get a lower down payment with a lease, so it makes sense to do that at first. Once the lease is up, you just continue making payments until you own it.

Lease it. A car shits the bed in value as soon as you drive it off the lot.

This is the way to go. You can always get a lower down payment with a lease, so it makes sense to do that at first. Once the lease is up, you just continue making payments until you own it.

Then I believe you will end up paying way more interest and total price than if you would have financed from the get go

I always hated the thought of paying for something you're not gonna keep. I'd choose the latter
True, but it’s also nice constantly having a new car that you never have to worry about breaking down. By the time you pay off a finance you’re gonna need some repairs more than likely.

But then it is nice to own the car so you could sell it whenever if you absolutely needed to

True, but it’s also nice constantly having a new car that you never have to worry about breaking down. By the time you pay off a finance you’re gonna need some repairs more than likely.

But then it is nice to own the car so you could sell it whenever if you absolutely needed to

That period (however long it is) of no mechanical problems and no car notes feels great!

I think Id need a few billion in the bank to buy new. Thats because the only vehicles worth buying new are high end performance machines.

Buy a used car with less than 30,000 miles. Take it for a test drive and to a good mechanic to look at it. Always worked for me.

I like leasing because 1) I usually get bored with cars after two years anyway, 2) depreciation and the majority of maintenance issues are out of the picture, and 3) I don't drive very far so mileage restrictions don't impact me. :)

Is a two-year lease the same money as half of the sticker price of the car?

I considered leasing a cheap base model civic for that dank fuel mileage and because they were advertising them on the radio as $89 biweekly but I’ll put too many miles on to have it.

Diesel is $1.40 a litre and going up April first here. I might buy a small, used car like a corolla or a civic though.

Lease.

You get a brand new car every 2-3 years and most things are covered under warranty.

Less headaches

Back