LEASH. The damn. ANIMALS you idiot people!!!

What's wrong with dogshit, brah? It's all natural, good for the ecosystem. Do you hate the Earth or something?

Sounds like someone's shilling for Monsanto to me.

Sorry man, not a fan. The park is a smelly mess, fuck dogs within city limits.

Dogs are fine but too many dog owners are terrible, as a group, they can't be trusted.

There's a lawn near my place that has a "No Dogs" sign planted in front; I can't tell you how may times guys have let their dogs onto the lawn to piss on the sign, like it's a particularly funny joke.

Dogs are fine but too many dog owners are terrible, as a group, they can't be trusted.

There's a lawn near my place that has a "No Dogs" sign planted in front; I can't tell you how may times guys have let their dogs onto the lawn to piss on the sign, like it's a particularly funny joke.

tumblr_lrswy96Duv1qev7vdo1_500-e1330114405706.png

Get yourself some mace and spray the dogs if they invade your space if you are that afraid of them. I run 5 days a week and have had dogs chase me at times but I just outrun them or throw a kick to their head if they are big and in attack mode. Most dogs that run up to me want to be petted or want to play.

Same goes with people that let their dog piss on everything. It irritates the hell out of me when I see someone standing there letting their dog piss on my car tires. Most owners will say it doesn't hurt anything, I don't care if it's harmless or not, I don't want something peeing on my car.
Finally, somebody in this thread I can pass judgement on!

Seriously, how you just going to let your dog piss on other people's things?

I will admit, I am guilty of the no leash things when I let my dog outside to use the bathroom.

There is an underground electrical fence that reacts to a collar. The issue being, the dickhead, previous owners took the collars with them even though they said they wouldn't.

Not an excuse. Plus, I'd feel a bit bad if she got shocked. I'd have to hold the collar and walk out of the yard just to see what it felt like. Why put her through what I'm not willing to go through?

Anyway, normally she stays in the yard. If she ever gets the mind to wander out a sharp yell normally brings her back to her senses.

The only time when that is an issue, is when our neighbors are out in their lawns. She is friendly, she has never bitten anyone. She has snapped a few times, but never bitten.

She has a tendency to run full speed at somebody when she wants to greet them.

The first time, it was early in the morning, and some other boys had come to pick the neighbors boy up. She ran over there and forced me to follow. The issue being, I was shirtless. That was an issue for everyone involved.

Second time, somebody pulled up in their yard, and went to get out of their vehicle. She immediately broke for them. Luckily I was wearing a shirt.

He immediately hopped back in his truck and closed the door. I apologized and wrangled her. Once I got to her she relented, so it was less wrangling and more catching up I suppose.

There exist two reasons to why I don't take her on the leash whenever she goes in our yard.

One, she is a greyhound. So she is fast as all hell. She isn't about to be doing any running with me attached to her. She has had two leg injuries. The first one was before we adopted her. She was training to race, and got out of her kennel (always has hated being locked up), and got hit by a car.

The second one, we had her, and then we could let her go. There weren't any neighbors for a good distance. We had her out there for about a year. Always made real sure to watch her when she is running. We had heard about their tendency to run through a fence when giving chase. She had always had the presence of mind to stop, and go underneath.

We of course relaxed and let her have her fun. Then she was chasing a rabbit one day, and decided it would be a good idea to try to go over. That wasn't pretty. Cut her leg pretty well.

Point being, she can still move. I've seen her out run a horse (for a short distance).

The second reason, she refuses to use the bathroom on a leash. She would rather come back inside and go on the floor. Even though she is completely and totally house broken.

I'm not a totally lazy ass hole though. Whenever I intend to take her out of the yard I make sure she is on a leash. We need to get a harness though, she has learned how to slip out.

There are a lot of disturbed bastard children running around without proper parenting. Civility is a learned behavior, and unfortunately not everybody is taught to be civil.

Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dahmer were children. Everyone who is a retarded asshole psycho-freak was at some point a child. Many dogs are smarter than most children.

I can tell you that I would take a dog over these "sweet little angels" any-day. Dogs 1 Humanity 0.

venables-thompson.jpg
No shit. I know of (and this isn't a hearsay story) two children who covered a chihuahua in honey and held it down in a fire ant bed.

Dogs have their issues. Dog owners are a big part of that.

Children have their issues too. Parents are a big part of that also.

I've lived in Alaska villages where large dogs roam freely in packs. Shit is intimidating. Ya'll got it easy.

There are a lot of disturbed bastard children running around without proper parenting. Civility is a learned behavior, and unfortunately not everybody is taught to be civil.

Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dahmer were children. Everyone who is a retarded asshole psycho-freak was at some point a child. Many dogs are smarter than most children.

I can tell you that I would take a dog over these "sweet little angels" any-day. Dogs 1 Humanity 0.

venables-thompson.jpg

Ah I get it, you like to take extreme disgusting examples and compare it to the norm.

Aren't Alaskan dogs wolves?

A lot of the home owners have a large dog that stays outside and keeps bears and wolves away. Usually a Husky but I've seen all breeds. No one in a village has a small dog. Most of the dogs aren't leashed outside the house. If a few dogs get along they'll pack up. Sometimes kids get mauled. Better than a bear stealing all the food and the entire family starving.

It's different up there though. People are trying to survive. In the city men are just trying to buy stuff for women.

Ah I get it, you like to take extreme disgusting examples and compare it to the norm.

I think statements like "1 child is worth 1000 dogs" is ridiculous and I am giving you evidence as to why its ridiculous.

Though I will say that since I moved to downtown Vancouver, and there are a lot of "leash required" areas, I haven't had any problems.
Stop by Commercial Drive sometime. I haven't seen a dog walking on a leash in years. I love dogs but I think it's pretty hilarious that anyone would try to justify walking their dog unleashed on a busy public street on the basis of anything but "I'm a lazy, selfish, entitled asshole."

I think statements like "1 child is worth 1000 dogs" is ridiculous and I am giving you evidence as to why its ridiculous.

Are there amber alerts for missing dogs?

What's ridiculous is you equating my dislike for dogs into me being an overweight middle aged woman. Where is the logic in that?

It would be like me equating you're an impotent pimply schmuck because you like dogs.

Agreed that a good percent of dog owners are irresponsible. I used to take a small shovel to the dog park when with my dog and pick up the dog crap of other dogs that their owners because I was embarrassed for all.

That said I don't know that you can punish all dog owners for the sins of a few. Imagine if that spread to bad parenting.

I have watched plenty of Cezar Milan and I will admit that you are right. I am a nervous person, and my dog was an abused rescue dog that is timid. Its the combination of my nervous disposition and his timidity that leads to him getting attacked.

As Cezar said Balanced Dogs don't get attacked.

thats unfortunate. And yes your fear and nervousness will get your dog attacked.

You should go to a big dog park, without your dog, and watch dog socialize until you get comfortable with the interaction. Then once you are comfortable with it and will not express too much nervousness, start taking your dog to regular parks with very little dog interact and work your way up to a full on dog park.

I socialized a neighbours rescue nervous dog in a similar way. It took about 1 year.

I leash my dogs...not because they'll bite but because they're assholes who will sniff the whole lawn and take their sweet time

Agreed. Leash em up, muzzle em up. Got no time for out of control dogs. Piss me off!

I agree 100 my dog always has a leash since she us aggressive. But sometimes my grandma likes to sneak my dog out without a leash cause "she doesnt like it" n it drives me ballistic. I always always have a leash cause I love my dog n she isnt very bright.

Even though my dog is obediant its an unwritten law to be considerate to those outside your home-there is
no reason for your life our dog/family to interrupt mine n vice versa.

Last edited:
LMAO what kind of jackass takes his dog out to public places unleashed.

Always leash my dog

Back