LEASH. The damn. ANIMALS you idiot people!!!

TS you get butt hurt easy as hell. I wouldn't have really cared about any of those except the last one, which would have infuriated me, but the rest were completely harmless. Not that I let my dog run lose in public, but it wouldn't bother me if some dog ran up and promptly obeyed its owner.

Stop being so sensitive.

TS you get butt hurt easy as hell. I wouldn't have really cared about any of those except the last one, which would have infuriated me, but the rest were completely harmless. Not that I let my dog run lose in public, but it wouldn't bother me if some dog ran up and promptly obeyed its owner.

Stop being so sensitive.

How about people stop being so retarded and just put their damn muts on a leash?

Sigh...

As you can see from my previous posts, I agree about the dog issue. However that does not mean we need more laws. That's the typical liberal response

The stupid person's response to absolutely everything in life is "more laws!!!". No one has even a shred of self accountability any more. They want the government to raise their kids, protect them, give them money, and wipe their asses.

How about people stop being so retarded and just put their damn muts on a leash?

Yeah, that would be nice, but crying over a situation where you're not even physically effected is the lamentation of an overly feminine little pussy. That's like crying over some 4 year old kid that gives you a mean look and flips you off as you drive by.

a person should be able to walk down the street in peace without being harassed by some dog, there's absolutely no room for debate.

In a perfect world dogs wouldn't be allowed within city limits.

The park across the street from my place is a river of dog shit.

What's wrong with dogshit, brah? It's all natural, good for the ecosystem. Do you hate the Earth or something?

Sounds like someone's shilling for Monsanto to me.

a lot of areas already have leash laws in place, though they're seldom enforced.

Stop being so sensitive.

LOL! This shit right here is retarded. Imagine if a man approached you suddenly out of the blue and started taking aggressive steps toward you while cussing at you with clenched fists when you've done nothing wrong. Tell me that it would be fair to say that you get butt hurt easy if you felt aggitated over the incident. If you can say yes to that, then you can say yes to the OP as well.

This just shows how some people are clueless when it comes to animals. Just because it is a dog doesn't mean that you have less a right to feel threatened nor that dogs have more leeway for behavior.

LOL! This shit right here is retarded. Imagine if a man approached you suddenly out of the blue and started taking aggressive steps toward you while cussing at you with clenched fists when you've done nothing wrong. Tell me that it would be fair to say that you get butt hurt easy if you felt aggitated over the incident. If you can say yes to that, then you can say yes to the OP as well.

This just shows how some people are clueless when it comes to animals. Just because it is a dog doesn't mean that you have less a right to feel threatened nor that dogs have more leeway for behavior.

Not even remotely comparable. An animal isn't human and the fact that you have to leash one to keep it under control just out right proves that it's different. Do you have to leash humans? No? Do I have to go any further to make sure you understand the difference?

It's far more comparable to a small child running rampant and being annoying as hell, which doesn't bother me all that much because I don't have a sandy vagina.

I am not saying that there should be laws to further limit people, but dog owners do need to understand what is appropriate behavior for their dog and be responsible for them. If their dog is the type to aggressively approach people, then they should have the sense to leash them to better control their dogs. It is not out of line to tell dog owners this - such as with the OP. What if the dog does this to a little child? The child will likely run which increases the chance the dog will attack. Pointing out that dog owners show sense with their dogs is not an issue and its stupid to blast people for saying so.

I am not saying that there should be laws to further limit people, but dog owners do need to understand what is appropriate behavior for their dog and be responsible for them. If their dog is the type to aggressively approach people, then they should have the sense to leash them to better control their dogs. It is not out of line to tell dog owners this - such as with the OP. What if the dog does this to a little child? The child will likely run which increases the chance the dog will attack. Pointing out that dog owners show sense with their dogs is not an issue and its stupid to blast people for saying so.

I don't disagree with anything in this post, I was simply stating that I think the TS is overly sensitive. I run into similar situations all the time and honestly it just doesn't bother me all that much.

Just two different personalities I guess.

Not even remotely comparable. An animal isn't human and the fact that you have to leash one to keep it under control just out right proves that it's different. Do you have to leash humans? No? Do I have to go any further to make sure you understand the difference?

It's far more comparable to a small child running rampant and being annoying as hell, which doesn't bother me all that much because I don't have a sandy vagina.

It is absolutely comparable because we are talking about being THREATENED. A small child is an awful example because the OP isn't feeling like the child is going to hurt him. The OP can justifiably make his concerns known because he had no idea what was going to happen next. Sure, the owner got the dog and reigned them in, but so can an aggressive male be reigned in by a girlfriend. It doesn't change that you felt threatened nor does it change the fact that the situation shouldn't have happened. What if the dog broke free momentarily again from the owner but this time put more distance between it and its owner? Perhaps the owner is slower to reign in the dog? Its completely unnecessary. Be responsible and leash the fucking dog if it behaves this way.

It is absolutely comparable because we are talking about being THREATENED. A small child is an awful example because the OP isn't feeling like the child is going to hurt him. The OP can justifiably make his concerns known because he had no idea what was going to happen next. Sure, the owner got the dog and reigned them in, but so can an aggressive male be reigned in by a girlfriend. It doesn't change that you felt threatened nor does it change the fact that the situation shouldn't have happened. What if the dog broke free momentarily again from the owner but this time put more distance between it and its owner? Perhaps the owner is slower to reign in the dog? Its completely unnecessary. Be responsible and leash the fucking dog if it behaves this way.

Well, even if I lend credence to yoru example I would be more worried about an aggressive dog for the simple fact that some random idiot talking trash isn't going to do shit. Guys that talk never do. It takes a massive amount of trash talking to get the average dude to actually fight and honestly most guys won't fight even if you tell them you fuck their mom, sister, and gf in the ass on a daily basis.

To me, it's just a difference in attitude. Some random dog barking just isn't that big of a deal and the dog won't do anything unless you freak out and run or scream or something.

Don't get me wrong, something like a great pyranese or a pit on a rampage is a huge fucking deal, but the dog running out of the bush and barking just isn't the same thing. At least not in my opinion.

I know debating your example is getting way off subject, and I do agree that animals should be leashed. It just doesn't bother me all that much unless the dog does actually attack or the owner encourages the aggressive behavior.

Any time a dog gets aggressive and is off a leash it needs to be put down like the dog it is and the owner needs to be in jail.

Aggressive Dogs not on leash will be kicked by me if they approach my children

I have a job where I do wildlife control. A big part of that is goose control. I chase geese off golf courses and municipal parks and so on. I got a dog to do the chasing me me, a 100 lb rottweiler. I never leash her, but she is voice controlled. And if she gets frisky, she wears a shock/beep collar. All I have to do is beep and she'll stop what she is doing and sprint back to me.
I even have to put on a yearly demo for the county police to show them that she is voice controlled since I do a lot of work in public parks.

Sigh...

As you can see from my previous posts, I agree about the dog issue. However that does not mean we need more laws. That's the typical liberal response - we need more laws! What we need is protection for people who defend themselves against dogs and dog owners assuming full responsibility for their dogs actions. If a dog attacks someone the threatened person can legally shoot the dog. The dog owner can also be charged as if they themselves have attacked the person - as it is their responsibility.

Now parks themselves can pass park rules and fines for those who disobey a leash policy, but we need to stop this impulse to pass federal laws for everything.

First of all, I take offense to being called a liberal, directly or indirectly. :D

I don't see how requiring all dogs to be on a leash in public is going too far. Carrying guns around to shoot an aggressive off-leash dog seems more excessive when compared to requiring people to have their dog on a leash. More leashes means their is less need to pull guns.

I admit removing all dog parks is going to far, but if a city is going to have dog parks maybe they should have dog parks in more remote areas.

I agree with you that dog owners need to face more serious consequences for neglecting to train their dogs properly.

I am also in agreement that parents can be more dangerous than dog owners.

Aggressive Dogs not on leash will be kicked by me if they approach my children

Aggressive Children not on a leash will be kicked by me if they approach my dog (who I always keep on a leash).

:icon_lol:

My thread has inspired me that if I ever was in this situation again there would be nothing wrong with givin the dog the boot. I wasn't so sure last night and I hesitated anyway.

And Real_Magi you have to understand that yesterday, it was during the night, I didn't see the owners in the distance for a good time while the two dogs were circling me, like 2 minutes...it was just a fucked situation. You would have to experience what happened to realize things like this are bullshit.

Back