Learning to shoot

The absolute WORST trigger I've ever felt was the double action on a Beretta 92. It felt like one never ending pull.

Derringer Model 1 45LC/410
I think it’s something like 22 or 23 pounds.

Went today and took my friend who has quite a collection. All of his nines have red dot sites and I could not handle it. Could not figure out how make my brain make them work. He also had safety triggers. There was just too much to deal with and I shot terribly.

Got back on my trusty sig and nailed the cch test again. Only one round was outside the target.

I'm still not gripping tight enough I don't think. I just feel awkward in my stwnce too. Am figuring out the trigger wall though.

Will be going 2-3 more times before the course. Once the course is done I'll have exhaustey 1000 round case.

Expensive!

The magnum round semi autos are dumb. I’m looking at you .40 and 10mm. Get a 9mm or .45 and start over. Tbh just get a 9mm, capacity>the slight difference in stopping power.
Not sure why .40 get so much hate. I am enjoying shooting it.

I think I got lucky in that the first handgun I ever shot was an M9. The heavy frame and single action is great for beginners. Especially shooting 147gr.
And while it's not exactly ideal for carry it's still doable.

I strongly believe in my safety protocol, since I have a little kid. When I arm, I always use my bottom floor, rear-facing window into the backyard. I open my safe while pointing the gun into the ground outside, rack the slide, then put it in its trigger-covering holster. When I put it away, I draw toward the same spot in the backyard, drop the mag, clear the chamber, reload the magazine, and then put it in the safe. The gun is only out and hot for a few seconds, and never any other time.

I went to piss on some state land with a sign in Idaho. The sign said to grab your gun and go shooting. Huh. Very not California of them.

I think I need to start shooting as well my friend cherry. Look forward to the tips.
You start going to the range again?

Back to the range tomorrow and I cannot wait.

True story:. Since I started shooting again, my trigger finger twitches. Like all the time. Really weird.

It's definitely a skill you can loose. I was always a good shot. I went a good 10 years without shooting and last year I went out and couldn't hit shit . Even after working at it a bit over a few weeks I still was lacking

Completed the cch course. Just waiting for the permit to come in the mail. I would say I'm an ok shot. I'm still pulling up and to the left.

Any tips on how to overcome anticipating recoil? No matter what I do if I fire the gun dry and don't realize it I anticipate that last non shot. It's terrible.

Completed the cch course. Just waiting for the permit to come in the mail. I would say I'm an ok shot. I'm still pulling up and to the left.

Any tips on how to overcome anticipating recoil? No matter what I do if I fire the gun dry and don't realize it I anticipate that last non shot. It's terrible.
Which means I'm doing it every time I pull the trigger...

Dry fire, and shoot more. Higher recoiling guns require more dryfiring and shooting to train issues away.

Back