Social Learning language takes so much effort

Depend on the language.

Already speak french and English.
Spanish and Italian have a lots of similarities with those. So becoming good at those 2 would be fairly easy imo.

Now, if you take a complete mew one like chinease or Russian.

Yeah, I guess this would be a pain in the arse.

I wanna try learning afrikaans, supposedly it's an easy language to learn. One day I just wanna visit south africa cause it seems like a beautiful place in some locations.

Maybe go on a safari.

I speak 3 languages. Learned both of the 2nd languages just by living in other countries.

Would like to learn a 4th but not sure what I'd try for. Maybe italian

It's pretty amazing that a baby can learn a language in roughly 2 years (give or take....rudimentary understanding), without even actively trying. They just pick it up.

Especially when you consider that no one speaks properly to babies.

You fools it is harder than you think that is why few people master 3 let alone or 5. And why the genuises top out around 10 to 15 languages in mastery and usually they hit major family of languages

Screw these fakes like Beni who are known frauds. Knowing A1 or a2 in 7 languages doesnt make you fluent.

Last edited:
It's pretty amazing that a baby can learn a language in roughly 2 years (give or take....rudimentary understanding), without even actively trying. They just pick it up.

Especially when you consider that no one speaks properly to babies.

Baby has a less powerful brain it takes a long time till the baby is coherent till age like 6. Adult can learn in quicker time span but retaining it requires more upkeep for adult

Last edited:
It's stressful to learn new stuff but it's a good feeling once you've begun to retain that knowledge and can use it effectively to accomplish new things.

No more stressful than hiking. If you're in bad shape, you'll tell the whole world that you almost died while trying.

The best way to learn a language is to move to a country where that language is the most widely spoken. Learning it so you can just memorize words is never going to work not last.

The best way to learn a language is to move to a country where that language is the most widely spoken. Learning it so you can just memorize words is never going to work not last.

I know
So... when ate you going to start working on improving your English?

It is pretty good and adequate enough for all my needs

So... when ate you going to start working on improving your English?

Holy crap... lol, didn't realise the quick comment I wrote on my phone before walking back in the office had an obvious typo, while giving someone shit for their English.

...and no-one gave me crap for it? I am disappoint.

I get by with 3 languages, not sure if I should invest my time in learning German, since I was able to get by with English and Russian when I was there and only learned basic phrases so I could hold a basic conversation just in case. (Thanks dad, most germany hating german on the planet)

Maybe I should switch up people I hang out with next time I go. Which is tough because most of my german mates and work colleagues are expats from other eastern euro countries.(Poland, Latvia,Lithuania, Moldova) That's the best way to learn, hanging out with native speakers.

Happy for my daughter though. She's 5 and knows 3 (2 fluently) and will know 5 languages once she finishes school. That's dope and will give her lots of opportunities in the future and will get a job easily, because she'll have advantage over most western euros and americans. It's nice growing up in a multilingual family and society in general.

I wish my parents didn't shy away from teaching me their languages, instead I have to do it myself now, and with age it becomes harder. :(

Last edited:
I find it difficult to retain information without constant practice, so aside from being able to memorize a handful of phrases in Thai and Japanese, I can only speak English.

It's frustrating. I'd like to be fluent in both, as I am find of Japanese culture (but have nobody to practice with), and I like having a secret language with my Thai GF (but she doesn't like me speaking Thai at all).

Holy crap... lol, didn't realise the quick comment I wrote on my phone before walking back in the office had an obvious typo, while giving someone shit for their English.

...and no-one gave me crap for it? I am disappoint.

When people make typos, I check the keyboard to see how close the letters are, people usually slightly miss the buttons, but intend to spell it correctly, just don't notice the error.

In your case R is right next to T, an obvious accidental finger slip, not a lack of grammar knowledge, so

ill_allow_it_community.gif

Back