Lead shoulder pain

USAWrestler

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So I recently decided to get back into boxing and have run into a problem. After a few rounds on the heavy bag or even any drill involving keeping my hands up for an extended period of time I find my lead shoulder(left shoulder in this case) slowly starts hurting more and more. If I rest for a bit it continues and gradually dies off after like 5-10 minutes.

I've thought of things like lack of stretching, weak rotator cuff, etc.

Anyone else out here have a similar issue or know anyone who does? Any other ideas on how to prevent it?

Thanks!

I have the same issue. My shoulder is a mix of swollen tendons (due to training) and not enough stretching. I found that stretching A LOT and ice help with the issue. If it hurts to a point that your crying there is definitely something else going on.

I would also suggest rotator cuff exercises with a 5 lbs weight to help strengthen the tendons.

YouTube - rotator cuff exercises

Hope this helps!

I have the same issue. My shoulder is a mix of swollen tendons (due to training) and not enough stretching. I found that stretching A LOT and ice help with the issue. If it hurts to a point that your crying there is definitely something else going on.

I would also suggest rotator cuff exercises with a 5 lbs weight to help strengthen the tendons.

YouTube - rotator cuff exercises

Hope this helps!

Thanks a ton for the advice! :)

If you are older, and it is sharp pain, it could be some nerve impingement. I'm sure that's what you want to hear... :redface:

You may have torn it, I had to get surgery on my lead shoulder because I tore the anterior labrum in boxing.

I also tore my labrum in jiu jitsu then aggravated it by boxing. Get it checked out ASAP

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back