lcl injury

F

farmer

I injured my lcl in training about 10 weeks ago. I went to the doctor and he confirmed that it was my lcl that was injured. He said I just needed to rest it. He said there is really nothing that can be done for it. He said it would take 8 months to heal and that after 2 months I could start training real light but that I had to be careful because it is sucseptible to re injury until it is completly heald in 8 months.

I went and trained yesterday and my knee felt fine until I got on someones back and put my hooks in. I could feel the ligament was under a lot of strain so I stopped. I am going to stay off of it for 2 more months to let it heal more.

my question is to those who have had a similar injury. How long did it take you to heal. What was you're treatment like with you're doctor. My doctor says there is no treatment except rest and he said I should do exercise that does not bother my knee. Should I demand that my doctor refer me to see an orthopedist and get an mri or do you think my doctor is giving me good advice. Was there anything you guys did to accelerate the healing process? What type of advice did you're doctor give you.

I injured my lcl in the video below. It sucked. I went to the doctor who basically said it was badly sprained, but there was really nothing you can do other then take it easy. I took a couple weeks off of practicing bjj (still went to class). I took it easy for the next couple months and only slow rolled with people I trusted. It gradually started feeling better over the course of a couple months.

Good luck, man.

WB-

did you sit on something or is that a patch on your rear?

and: glad your knee is better.

I injured mine the exact same way Wrestleben did, except maybe not so bad, since I pulled my leg myself until it popped.
I heard the pop and immediately felt that something was wrong. I could walk, but it felt 'funny'. I almost couldn't walk the next day and was afraid it would take many months or so.
It went away pretty fast though, took about a month. My doctor had estimated about 1

Back