Lawyer and self-described 'most well-known and requested top law tutor' goes on racist tirade over '

whites have been doing this at an institutional level since the Mayflower landed. If better anti discrimination laws were set in place, then we wouldnt have to worry about immigrant enclaves adopting racist policies.
Whites are the defacto majority. Join the majority community and there isn't an issue. The issue is with multiculturalism. The anti discrimination laws already heavily favor minority groups to the point that they are causing more bias and antagonism then they prevent. You can't prevent most social bias, it simply isn't possible and cultural economic stratification is a direct result of multiculturalism even under ideal circumstances. The system that you want cannot exist in a functional sense.

Whites are the defacto majority. Join the majority community and there isn't an issue. The issue is with multiculturalism. The anti discrimination laws already heavily favor minority groups to the point that they are causing more bias and antagonism then they prevent. You can't prevent most social bias, it simply isn't possible and cultural economic stratification is a direct result of multiculturalism even under ideal circumstances. The system that you want cannot exist in a functional sense.
It already exists in smaller scales in diverse cities where no one demographic has a majority. Neighborhoods in Houston and Queens are great examples. Astoria is a true melting pot of not only races, but religions, sexual orientations and income. I know you want to resist any sort of progress because it doesnt fit into your white supremacist narrative, and that's fine. I like having dinosaurs like you around to serve as relics to remind us of a fading ideology.

Whether it is okay to public shame people for something they said in a private context Its not like she said this at a public event or anything.

In that case I'm more likely to think less of the person doing the shaming.

It already exists in smaller scales in diverse cities where no one demographic has a majority. Neighborhoods in Houston and Queens are great examples. Astoria is a true melting pot of not only races, but religions, sexual orientations and income. I know you want to resist any sort of progress because it doesnt fit into your white supremacist narrative, and that's fine. I like having dinosaurs like you around to serve as relics to remind us of a fading ideology.
You are wrong and you don't understand what I am talking about. Melting pots are fine. I don't care about skin color. All of the areas you just described are culturally homogeneous. You don't know what progress is, you think you do but it is really just an ignorant narrative that you have been fed your entire life.

Seems to me what freedom implies.
No it doesn't, not in the American context. It only applies to freedom from government. I have the freedom to drink, that doesn't mean I am free from the consequences of drinking.

Only a mall? Here in Canada the Chinese government owns the entire province of BC.

You are wrong and you don't understand what I am talking about. Melting pots are fine. I don't care about skin color. All of the areas you just described are culturally homogeneous. You don't know what progress is, you think you do but it is really just an ignorant narrative that you have been fed your entire life.
Astoria and Houston are both extremely heterogenous. On any given day in Astoria, you will see Orthodox Jewish kids hanging out with Puerto Ricans or Nepalese immigrants playing basketball with Filipinos. One major component of societal progress is blurring the significance of a person's heritage and judging them on their own merits. Depending on where an immigrant settles in America, they can either settle down in ethnic enclaves or embrace the diversity of a multicultural neighborhood. The key is to incentivize the latter by opening up avenues for them to assimilate- which has been shown to possible.

No it doesn't, not in the American context. It only applies to freedom from government. I have the freedom to drink, that doesn't mean I am free from the consequences of drinking.

You just applied context that isn't there. But hey, there's always somebody trying to suggest freedom can only be viewed in terms of government so your post was to be expected.

You just applied context that isn't there. But hey, there's always somebody trying to suggest freedom can only be viewed in terms of government so your post was to be expected.
Of course the context is there, she lives in America.

Of course the context is there, she lives in America.

It doesn't logically follow that living in America means the concept of freedom can only be applied to government. You're welcome to make that case though. Pretty sure it applies to relationships, jobs, etc. freedom exists outside the protections of the constitution, even in the USA.

Astoria and Houston are both extremely heterogenous. On any given day in Astoria, you will see Orthodox Jewish kids hanging out with Puerto Ricans or Nepalese immigrants playing basketball with Filipinos. One major component of societal progress is blurring the significance of a person's heritage and judging them on their own merits. Depending on where an immigrant settles in America, they can either settle down in ethnic enclaves or embrace the diversity of a multicultural neighborhood. The key is to incentivize the latter by opening up avenues for them to assimilate- which has been shown to possible.
You seriously don't get it. Nothing you said there in any way shape or form is contradictory to any of the opinions I have stated. Melting pots lead to cultural homogeneity. They are sustainable because the community becomes one people. Multiculturalism is not sustainable. You are conflating culture with race. They are correlated but not the same thing.

It doesn't logically follow that living in America means the concept of freedom can only be applied to government. You're welcome to make that case though. Pretty sure it applies to relationships, jobs, etc. freedom exists outside the protections of the constitution, even in the USA.
Generally speaking that's how the term is used in America, freedom to do as one pleases without interference from the government. It certainly doesn't imply freedom from any consequences.

You seriously don't get it. Nothing you said there in any way shape or form is contradictory to any of the opinions I have stated. Melting pots lead to cultural homogeneity. They are sustainable because the community becomes one people. Multiculturalism is not sustainable. You are conflating culture with race. They are correlated but not the same thing.

It seems like multicultural and multiethnic are used interchangeably quite a bit.

Whites are the defacto majority. Join the majority community and there isn't an issue. The issue is with multiculturalism.

And in a way that transcends the actual demographics, but it requires a trigger warning and deep breath. America is a western country and part of western culture. What is the west? This isn't that difficult. The amusing thing is, most non-Europeans born and/or raised in western countries are assimilated to it in nuanced ways they often don't even realize. It already has you, baby - you're a westerner! Now let's keep building.

It seems like multicultural and multiethnic are used interchangeably quite a bit.
They don't want admit that it isn't skin color that is causing the conflict, that the vast majority of issues are based on conflicting value systems and behaviors.

And in a way that transcends the actual demographics, but it requires a trigger warning and deep breath. America is a western country and part of western culture. What is the west? This isn't that difficult. The amusing thing is, most non-Europeans born and/or raised in western countries are assimilated to it in nuanced ways they often don't even realize. It already has you, baby - you're a westerner! Now let's keep building.

Its crazy. They just keep talking about race when someone is obviously talking about cultural issues. They want the two conflated because if they can't include cultural bias then there is very little to actually talk about. If cultural bias isn't on the table then they can't pretend that uneven outcomes can't be reduced to behavioral differences 90% of the time.

based on the title i thought this was a Steven Seagal thread

Generally speaking that's how the term is used in America, freedom to do as one pleases without interference from the government. It certainly doesn't imply freedom from any consequences.

Come on, bro. You keep repeating yourself without adding any substance to your argument. Just agree that I don't need reminded of how the Constitution works and that when you come up with a better word for the concept at hand I'll use it. In the meantime, this looks pretty much spot-on to me.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/freedom

Definition of freedom
1: the quality or state of being free: such as: the absence of necessity, coercion, or constraint in choice or action
b : liberation from slavery or restraint or from the power of another : independence
c : the quality or state of being exempt or released usually from something onerous
  • freedom from care
d : unrestricted use
  • gave him the freedom of their home
e : ease, facility
  • spoke the language with freedom
f : the quality of being frank, open, or outspoken
  • answered with freedom
g: improper familiarity
h:boldness of conception or execution

2: a political right
b : franchise, privilege

so i should be free to call my boss a N***** and not get fired in your fantasy world? interesting. gonna say thats retarded.

It is retarded. Most would agree an employee isn't free to do that. Hence the consequences.

Back