Social Lawsuit claims Trump campaign nondisclosure agreements are unlawful

glenwo2

Adamantium Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Lawsuit claims Trump campaign nondisclosure agreements are unlawful

A former staffer on President Trump’s 2016 campaign has filed a class action lawsuit in the hope of nullifying the nondisclosure and nondisparagement agreements campaign workers were made to sign.

The suit was filed by former staffer Jessica Denson and argues that the agreements - which the Trump campaign had staffers, volunteers and contractors sign – is unlawful. The agreements prohibit the signers from ever publically criticizing or disparaging Trump, his family and his company, and also bars them from disclosing private or confidential information.

While the Trump campaign has gone after numerous former staffers who have publically spoken out against the president – most notably Omarosa Manigault Newman and Cliff Sims – Denson’s lawsuit is the most wide-ranging attack on the campaign’s use of nondisclosure agreements to stifle criticism of Trump.

According to a report by BuzzFeed News, the lawsuit could cover thousands of former staffers, volunteers, and contractors and, if the suit proves successful, could free them to talk publicly about their time on the campaign without fear of legal or financial repercussions.

Denson’s lawyers argue that the agreements campaign workers were made to sign are unlawful because they penalize employees from suing for things like workplace discrimination, harassment, unpaid wages and other issues.

“The Form NDAs effectively strip employees, contractors, and volunteers of their ability to pursue any of their rights to redress workplace misconduct,” Denson’s lawyers wrote in the arbitration filing. “Anything and everything they could do will of necessity contain some information that a Trump Person could find disparaging or a disclosure of confidential information.”

They also argue that the NDA is too vague and gives Trump discretion to decide what is “private” and “confidential,” that it doesn’t have any time or geographic limits and “lacks a legitimate purpose.” Lawyers also contend the agreement should be voided as it permits a government actor to restrain a person’s free speech rights under the First Amendment.

>>>
serveimage

Is it normal for staffers to sign ndas? What did Obama and W and Clinton's staff do?

Is it normal for staffers to sign ndas? What did Obama and W and Clinton's staff do?

According to what I just found here, I think so :

EDIT : okay...since hill is creeped out by knowledge, I removed it. {<diva}

Last edited:
That's creepy as shit.

Why do you say that?

I just googled "non-disclosure agreements campaign" in order to see if any other campaigns have given NDAs and this was one of the links that appeared along with a big heading saying "NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT" and below in the subheading it had Obama's name in it, which answered bjj's question. {<shrug}

Nothing creepy about finding information that's readily available.

EDIT : Fine, you big baby. I removed it since you're so creeped out. <GSPWoah>

Last edited:
Why do you say that?

I just googled "non-disclosure agreements campaign" in order to see if any other campaigns have given NDAs and this was one of the links that appeared along with a big heading saying "NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT" and below in the subheading it had Obama's name in it, which answered bjj's question. {<shrug}

Nothing creepy about finding information that's readily available.

EDIT : Fine, you big baby. I removed it since you're so creeped out. <GSPWoah>

Dude, I know you're strung high as shit, but come on. I wasn't talking about you..........

Dude, I know you're strung high as shit, but come on. I wasn't talking about you..........

Then who were you talking to when you replied to my post? <Varys01>

The only thing you said was that was creepy as shit, referring to the pdf file.

With no other elaboration, I concluded that you thought the fact that I provided the link to the file is creepy as shit or something.

Besides, if you weren't talking to me, then you're being creepy yourself right now. <Ellaria01>

Then who were you talking to when you replied to my post? <Varys01>

The only thing you said was that was creepy as shit, referring to the pdf file.

With no other elaboration, I concluded that you thought the fact that I provided the link to the file is creepy as shit or something.

Besides, if you weren't talking to me, then you're being creepy yourself right now. <Ellaria01>

Christ, Glen. Figure it out.

I think we’ll be playing let’s make a book deal with a bunch of his cabinet for the foreseeable future.

It's not uncommon for NDAs or non-competes to be entirely unenforceable. They just get them signed because it's a possible deterrent.

I can't comprehend sentences for you, Glen....

You can't comprehend....PERIOD.

<3>

I bet you're just talking out of your ass and refusing to back off it.

You're like a woman with all this Passive-Aggressive shit.

Instead of clarifying what you meant and ending this conversation, you keep this charade going. <{cruzshake}>

So I'm going to go with what I said initially as a response to your "creepy" post and be done with it.

It's blatantly obvious now that you're fucking with me (F.U. btw). <13>

Last edited:
It's not uncommon for NDAs or non-competes to be entirely unenforceable. They just get them signed because it's a possible deterrent.

basically that. it isnt supposed to hold up in court, it is supposed to keep you from even trying.

You can't comprehend....PERIOD.

<3>

I bet you're just talking out of your ass and refusing to back off it.

You're like a woman with all this Passive-Aggressive shit.

Instead of clarifying what you meant and ending this conversation, you keep this charade going. <{cruzshake}>

So I'm going to go with what I said initially as a response to your "creepy" post and be done with it.

It's blatantly obvious now that you're fucking with me (F.U. btw). <13>

It's funny you used the Tony Montana at the end of your long screed, typed through tears soaking a keyboard. I like the irony. Yet again, you shit the bed in the WR, unprompted. If you can't comprehend my rather simple original post, then I don't know what to tell you.

Nice to know I have set up shop in your head, Glen;);););)
@Hillel'sSlovak78

It's funny you used the Tony Montana at the end of your long screed, typed through tears soaking a keyboard. I like the irony. Yet again, you shit the bed in the WR, unprompted. If you can't comprehend my rather simple original post, then I don't know what to tell you.

Nice to know I have set up shop in your head, Glen;);););)
@Hillel'sSlovak78

serveimage

Back