Lawlor has reached the stage that most champs lose

Megatronlee

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
had a few quality wins and people start talking in hyperbole. This is where most champs lose the belt. We've seen it a million times. Liddell,Ronda,machida,weidman and countless others. This is literally when it happens the most. Do you think Robbie can get it done? Or crack under the mental?

I'm sure alot of Sherdoggers said the same after Anderson Silva's second title defense.

'Oh well, he'll lose his next fight.'

inpho_01027971.jpg

edit: I've just realised that the "tattoo" actually reads "McLawlor". lol. Fucking priceless.

Well obviously there are fewer champs who defend several times than champs who don't... simply because its hard to defend...

I don't see how this means anything? It all depends on competition, and most would argue Tyron is Lawler's easiest title fight to date... no disrespect to mr. Woodley

Well obviously there are fewer champs who defend several times than champs who don't... simply because its hard to defend...

I don't see how this means anything? It all depends on competition, and most would argue Tyron is Lawler's easiest title fight to date... no disrespect to mr. Woodley
That's my exact point

had a few quality wins and people start talking in hyperbole. This is where most champs lose the belt. We've seen it a million times. Liddell,Ronda,machida,weidman and countless others. This is literally when it happens the most. Do you think Robbie can get it done? Or crack under the mental?
Do you even train UFC bro?

I agree for the most part. I can't believe he won the title and defended what 3 times now? But I think possibly tonight he gets beat. I hope not but I can't stand Woodley. But when he does lose I think it's going to come by a pretty bad knockout.

The reason I think Lawler loses tonight is because most champs so far have loss by upset. Lawler is next. Woodley will KO Lawler in round 1 or round 2.

The reason I think Lawler loses tonight is because most champs so far have loss by upset. Lawler is next. Woodley will KO Lawler in round 1 or round 2.
Not bashing the guy, but just based on his fighting style Lawler shouldn't be a big favorite over many of the top ten at WW. Brawlers chins give out eventually, and being a brawler leave him way more open to a so-called "lucky" punch. He's fun as hell to watch if Hendricks isn't being a bicycle seat though.

Yeah Robbie may lose but - I'm pretty sure he's one fighter who will go out on his sheild regardless of hype.

I think TS is probably right. Lawler's had a string of really close fights, and usually when that happens to a champ it means the competition is catching up to him and about to pass him by. I'm not sure Woodley's going to be the one to dethrone him, but I don't see his reign lasting longer than another fight or two.

He is going to lose the belt, but not to Woodley.

Wonderboy via spinning shit

Hey TS ... are you referring to Lawler .... you know .... the current WW champ ?.

Back