Lawler vs Manhoef , who would you choose in a rematch?

Melvin matches up well with Robbie in terms of style but would still likely lose again Reem style

Are you joking? Manhoef has been knocked out like an additional threw times since that fight. Really sad, that...

The one who didn't get ktfo'd in the first fight.

I'd go with Lawler. I don't see why Robbie can't beat and possibly knock Manhoef out again, he might even have a better performance than last time.

Are you implying youre impressed with Lawlers performance in the first fight? You didnt watch the fight did you..

Manhoef has defeated very few goo fighters an gotten finished by many average to below average ones.

omg he ko'd mark hunt when hunt hadent trained in two years tho guys.

I love Melvin...but he's got one of those chins that's a light switch. He looks great until somebody flips it and then it's a highlight reel KO. His last fight was just another example among many.

Lawler by KTFO lol, Melvin has no chin.

According to Mike Passengier, Robbie (allegedly) was heard saying "I'm not ever fighting that lunatic again!". So Manhoef by default.:icon_chee

Source is a Dutch magazine (RINGS). I have a copy of it somewhere.

To give Melvin his due he was beating the shit out of Robbie. If I didn't know better I would of called that KO a fluke, but I do know better.

It was a fluke.

What that fight showed it was how much more Manhoef is skilled than Robbie stand up wise and he still is. It was Manhoef reckleness and one of the worst chin in the game.

Manhoef 39 years now, so no, his chin was always suspectable, but now even more. The touch is enough to KO him.

Last edited:
If the first fight is any indication Lawler only needs to hit the light switch once. Manhoef did seem the much better striker in their fight though.

Melvin got bodied in his last fight. I'd take Lawler again.

As already has been mentioned Manhoef's chin is done, also, he's way out of his prime. Lawler seems to have rejuvenated his career and is the current WW title holder.

All I know is that I'd gladly pay fifty bucks for that fight before watching hendricks lawyer again.

If Melvin just did what he had done in the first, only with iron persistence, never storming in for the kill, he would likely win it.

But it's Melvin, so it won't happen, lol.

He will bounce around like a madman instead, throwing ridiculously hard punches, and eating some heavy one as a result.

I love Melvin...but he's got one of those chins that's a light switch. He looks great until somebody flips it and then it's a highlight reel KO. His last fight was just another example among many.

To be fair Schilling is a high level kickboxer who has some serious power and throws with intentions to kill.

Back