News Lawler vs Diaz now 185 lbs Fight

"Legends" gets thrown around too often.

Will watch fight, though.

They certainly hover on the borderline of...

I've watched them for so long over multiple Orgs...

Seen them both live...

Meh...Close enf fer me...

I'm good with it. I don't care what weight it takes place at. Props to whoever took the fight despite the weight issue. It might make for a better fight as well without ridiculous weight cuts for both. I'm in. Let's go!

Remember that time (you know earlier TODAY) I was commenting that he looked heavy and unlikely to be in actual fight shape?

Yeah.

It ain't Robbie Lawler who can't make the agreed weight. A few people were flaming me for saying Nick hasn't been in shape for years and its hard to snap into fight shape nearing 40.

There it is.

Good, I think it will make for a better fight with them both not having to cut weight. More energy!. I am happy about it.
Concerning though. Have you seen that interview with Josh Thomson, where he claims to have seen some sparring footage that he thinks (he doesn’t know for sure) is recent in which Nick gets KOed? (And then Thomson half-ass walks his claim back). Now this weight class change? Bad signs for Nick, and that sucks as I’m really cheering hard for him here.

I'm good with it. I don't care what weight it takes place at. Props to whoever took the fight despite the weight issue. It might make for a better fight as well without ridiculous weight cuts for both. I'm in. Let's go!

THIS ^^^^^^^^

The fight means nothing on belt standings - lets have fun.

I wish the UFC switched over to a system that removed the weight cuts. It would cause some shuffling on weight classes but the fighters would give us much higher quality fights by focusing on fighting instead of cutting.

Kind of bullshit because I think Lawler would've come in yoked/bulked up properly if he knew it was 185lbs since the getgo....while Nick wouldn't IMO.....but now Lawler won't be bulked up and will have a non-dehydrated 170lbs body.

Diaz bros love this non-dehydrated even weight fights, but it's complete bullshit in this water cutting MMA world........Robbie Lawler is a good bulker, if he had time to bulk to 185lbs, it wouldn't be good for Nick Diaz.....I think this was all part of the plan for nick diaz.

I don't think Nick Diaz thinks that deeply about anything.

Remember that time (you know earlier TODAY) I was commenting that he looked heavy and unlikely to be in actual fight shape?

Yeah.

It ain't Robbie Lawler who can't make the agreed weight. A few people were flaming me for saying Nick hasn't been in shape for years and its hard to snap into fight shape nearing 40.

There it is.

There's different kinds of shapes. Squares. Rectangles. Triangles. Maybe Nick is just in different shape, lol.

They certainly hover on the borderline of...

I've watched them for so long over multiple Orgs...

Seen them both live...

Meh...Close enf fer me...
You saw a Nick Diaz fight live? Which one?

We're now in the "I train with Dagestani's" era of the UFC <Lmaoo>

Concerning though. Have you seen that interview with Josh Thomson, where he claims to have seen some sparring footage that he thinks (he doesn’t know for sure) is recent in which Nick gets KOed? (And then Thomson half-ass walks his claim back). Now this weight class change? Bad signs for Nick, and that sucks as I’m really cheering hard for him here.

How is he not sure though? I really dislike these guys as talking heads. Maybe I'm biased.

Probably a leg injury preventing someone from shedding the weight on treadmill. Neither guy has ever missed weight in the UFC to my knowledge

Considering the news from Thompson that something happened to Nick that may keep him from competing I can see that being the case. People seriously jumping on cardio Nick's case like he has ever missed weight or had cardio issues before. I can see it being a partially torn ACL or something but Nick said "fuck it let's fight anyway but at 185 lbs". Would be kinda lol if that was the case with all the outrage in this thread considering it's 2 40 year olds fighting with no implications.

Of course as much as I love Nick he has been partying hard for years so it wouldn't be too surprising if it was him and there was no injury issue.

Edit: This was before I also saw the video from Thompson apparently but no apparently (lol) seeing a vid of Nick getting KOd in sparring. Assuming that is what he was talking about with the "something happened to Nick in camp that could keep him from fighting" comment.

Diaz vs Daley.
Damnnn girl that’s a cracker. Possibly the best Diaz fight ever, I’m jealous AF.
How is he not sure though? I really dislike these guys as talking heads. Maybe I'm biased.
I agree. I don’t like them in that capacity either. And wtf is Thomson doing saying some wild shit without proof and then walking it back all weird? My point in posting that was just to share, and to point out that there’s some indications that this may not be good for Nick.

Back