Lawler vs Diaz 2 actually makes perfect sense now

• Thread starter Deleted member 501827
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 501827

Diaz suspension up soon and Lawler just lost so it makes sense and would be an epic fight. When Lawler was champion it didnt make sense giving Nick a shot at the title. And sorry but Woodley aint getting that fight either, hes fighting Wonderboy next like it or not. So you think this fight makes sense and should be next for both fighters?

Agreed. He beat Condit in my opinion & didn't lose to Silva (NC)

& was the 4 time Strikeforce champion.

So Nick has basically 1 loss since 2007 (GSP)

Plus, it's a nice way for both of them to duck Wonderboy for a bit

Last edited:
Nahhh... Robbie former champ, Diaz three fight losing streak.

Diaz vs Matt Brown
Lawler vs Gastelum

Nahhh... Robbie former champ, Diaz three fight losing streak.

Diaz vs Matt Brown
Lawler vs Gastelum

Diaz already said he wont fight Matt and there would be zero fan interest in Lawler vs Gastelum. Lawler vs Diaz 2 is a huge fight.

Diaz already said he wont fight Matt and there would be zero fan interest in Lawler vs Gastelum. Lawler vs Diaz 2 is a huge fight.
Ducking :p

Whaaaat? That fight would be fucking awesome. Makes more sense & would be better than the Diaz rematch. Kelvin looked great in his last fight.

Diaz suspension up soon and Lawler just lost so it makes sense and would be an epic fight. When Lawler was champion it didnt make sense giving Nick a shot at the title. And sorry but Woodley aint getting that fight either, hes fighting Wonderboy next like it or not. So you think this fight makes sense and should be next for both fighters?
You're right that is the fight that makes sense but the fight game doesn't make a lot of sense all the time. I don't think GSP is coming back for a title fight at WW so I think Nick will fight Woodley next for the title... despite Nick's losing streak. Woodley wants to be paid and the UFC wants to be paid. That's the biggest fight they can make.

Agreed. He beat Condit & Silva (NC) in my opinion

Plus, it's a nice way for him to duck Wonderboy for a bit

He beat Silva?? Fucking lol

You're right that is the fight that makes sense but the fight game doesn't make a lot of sense all the time. I don't think GSP is coming back for a title fight at WW so I think Nick will fight Woodley next for the title... despite Nick's losing streak. Woodley wants to be paid and the UFC wants to be paid. That's the biggest fight they can make.

I dont think there is even any interest from anyone to see Woodley vs Diaz. I know I dont have any interest seeing it. Its not an interesting matchup at all. Not only does it make zero sense whatsoever but its not even a really fun fight. I dont see the ufc pandering to Woodleys demands at all. He just got the belt and isnt much of a draw or anything. Hes in no position to be making superfight requests. He will fight whos next in line which is Wonderboy.

@Myrddin Wyllt can I copy and paste this in every Nick Diaz question? <17>

I dont think there is even any interest from anyone to see Woodley vs Diaz. I know I dont have any interest seeing it. Its not an interesting matchup at all. Not only does it make zero sense whatsoever but its not even a really fun fight. I dont see the ufc pandering to Woodleys demands at all. He just got the belt and isnt much of a draw or anything. Hes in no position to be making superfight requests. He will fight whos next in line which is Wonderboy.
Oh, I think it's a very interesting fight. Do you think it's a TWood run away? I think it would be a good match up and I think you would watch it, every hardcore would watch it and a ton of casuals would because the marquee would say Diaz and Championship. Again it's not about the UFC pandering to Woodley, it's the biggest money fight that they can make unless Georges is interested. It's the UFC pandering to the masses and I really don't think your opinion reflects that of the masses.

Diaz vs. Lawler 2. The only silver lining to come out of tonight's shit turn of events.

When did Nick say he wouldn't fight Matt? Did he give any reason why?

My only issue is that Lawler will probably take some time off now and I want to see Diaz fight asap. I think people need to respect that Woodley is hungry for another fight after being off for so long. What other welterweights who aren't currently hurt/already scheduled could possibly take this fight? I don't think Wonderboy can/will on three weeks notice. Stop pretending you don't want to see this fight.

lawler doesn't have that belt, lost a lot of its luster

My only issue is that Lawler will probably take some time off now and I want to see Diaz fight asap. I think people need to respect that Woodley is hungry for another fight after being off for so long. What other welterweights who aren't currently hurt/already scheduled could possibly take this fight? I don't think Wonderboy can/will on three weeks notice. Stop pretending you don't want to see this fight.

3 weeks? that fight isn't happening. the diaz brothers don't fight on the same card

3 weeks? that fight isn't happening. the diaz brothers don't fight on the same card
Money talks son, though it would be pretty fucked up if Nate had to fight right after watching his brother get pummeled.

This is fucking classic Diaz nut hugger post right here. Outstanding!

Back