Lawler vs Condit is a Robbery Against Woodley.

I actually would prefer Cormier/Bader lol. I just feel like going into a title fight off a loss especially when it wasn't even to the champion is kinda BS.
my point though is, do you actually think cormier/bader is a more interesting, more exciting matchup than cormier/gustaffson?

In terms of undeserved title fights I'd say it's second:

1. Cain/Werdum 2
2. Gus/DC
3. Condit/Lawler
you're missing Diaz/GSP, Couture/Sylvia, Belfort/Jones,

I agree that Woodley is more deserving than Condit, but that said, there isn't anybody at 170 that makes me think "they are the clear cut #1 contender and nobody can deny that." I'd have rather seen Woodley get the shot, but at the same time, Woodley's resume isn't that fantastic. DHK and an out of shape Gastelum. Hopefully Woodley faces Hendricks or something and we get a clear cut contendre out of that.

Seems like a good decision to me. There's a clear top 5 (Lawler, Hendricks, Rory, Condit, Woodley). Tyron will probably lose to Hendricks. We haven't seen Lawler against Condit before and regardless of who wins that one we are most likely to get either Lawler/Hendricks or Condit/Hendricks, the latter of which was an extremely enjoyable fight the first time, whilst the first Hendricks/Lawler fight was good as well (let's forget about the second one). Even if Tyron wins, a rematch with Condit would be interesting. Lawler/Woodley is probably the least exciting out of all of the possible match ups.

Condit is probably my favorite fighter to watch, and Lawler is not far behind. So I'm excited as hell about this fight, as most UFC fans probably are. It will make money. That's how the UFC works, kudos to Condit for being a more exciting fighter than Woodley. It's the same reason McGregor rose to fame, and the likes of Diaz and Lauzon keep getting main card fight. They spring the octagon with blood, and blood = money.

The right thing to do, as it's already been said here, would have been a co-main-event Hendricks-Woodley and Brown-Condit, the winners of each fight fighting soon afterwards to determine the #1 contender. Lawler said he needed a rest, too. But we all know that 90% of us would have wished for Condit to be the guy, and Dana knew it too, so why not make it happen right now eh ?

Woodley will get his shot sooner or later. If anyone should feel aggrieved, it's Matt Brown. He's officially left out of the race for now, which is undeserved. He surely has to face Rory now though, which is long overdue.

1. Condit deserved the decision against Hendricks. Never in my life have I seen someone do so much work from the bottom, the person on the top do so little, and judges ignore that fact so much (Mousasi vs. Lawal a close second).

2. Injured in the Woodley fight. Condit is a technical striker and it takes him a little while to get going and find his distance. Woodley is a power striker and is pretty much who he is right out of the gate. I feel pretty confident Condit would have turned that fight around, but whether he would or not, he got injured the way he did and he didn't get a fair shake in it. Let's also not ignore the fact that Condit is the type of fighter that is built for championship fights. Woodley doesn't have much of a chance against Robbie over 5 rounds, but Condit does.

You know your MMA brah.
Add mighty mouse vs torres to complete that list. Miguel played a great guard.

Woodley kept getting offered contender fights. Time and again he declined.

He has two win streaks against Kim and Gastelum.

Woodley didn't want to fight for contention. He's dealing with it now.

Who cares about that cherry picker? Condit will come to fight and no one, NO EFFIN' ONE, wants to see Hendricks duck his head under Lawler's crotch ever again.

Condit will make this fight exciting.

You whiners complain about rematches, the UFC is granting you a fight that could potentially surpass the fight of the decade in Rory vs Robbie.

I can't wait for the 4th round of that fight, when they both enter beast-mode.

Woodley doesn't deserve it over Hendricks considering the guy got schooled by Rory not that long ago.

Robbery ? There's no such thing as "robbery" when it comes to make a fight. The only "robbery" comes from judges once the fight is over and goes to a decision.

Condit is the most exciting fighter of his division alongside the current champ. They never fought each other and this one is an absolute dream coming true.

It screams five rounds of blood, sweat and epic entertainment for anyone on earth.

Woodley vs Lawler has zero appeal, even less than Lawler/Hendricks III.

Back