Lawler vs Condit is a Robbery Against Woodley.

Woodly should be coming off a loss anyways he pretty clearly loss to Kelvin 2-1. Missing weight should have no effect on how a fight is scored.

What are you smoking? That fight was a clear 2-1 for Woodley.

Woodley needs a win after losing to Rory. He barely got past a bloated Kelvin whereas Condit wrecked Alves worse than anyone ever has.

Kelvin and DHK were bigger wins than Alves alone. Hell Kelvin was ranked higher than Alves at the time. Kelvin is no joke and he LOST to Woodly.

Then you got that fact that WOODLY BEAT CONDIT. Call it whatever the fuck you want, Condit lost like Silva lost to Weidman the second time. Both were wining until some shenanigans but the L came by the better FIGHTER (that night).

Woodly/Hendricks were next in line PERIOD.

With that said, I'm happier they went with this fight because I always thought Condit was a top 3 WW

Hendricks also floored Condit on the feet at the begging of rounds 1-2... That decision isn't up for dispute.

As for the Woodley fight, Condit was losing on points halfway through the second round, making it likely he needed a finish to beat Woodley - which isn't THAT likely to occur.

It seems like you are nuthugging pretty hard here.

Yea he is. Conditions fans like to conveniently forgot that Hendricks was lighting him up.

It's pretty clear Woodley or Hendricks deserve the fight more but absolutely no one should complaining about this fight. It's going to be epic.

1. Condit deserved the decision against Hendricks. Never in my life have I seen someone do so much work from the bottom, the person on the top do so little, and judges ignore that fact so much (Mousasi vs. Lawal a close second).

Thank you

AMERICAN TOP TEAM

Interestingly enough the only articles that I saw (quick search, not a huge sample size) had Tyron saying he didn't want to fight Robbie, or wasn't eager to do so, because "some guys at ATT are more like acquaintances, but Robbie is a friend"

MMA is an individual sport though, which is why I like the guys who are smart enough to realize that. Condit fought GSP even though both fight at Jackson (GSP also spent time with Tristar...) but Condit said basically since Carlos was WEC champ and GSP was UFC champ he basically just avoided him at the gym since they could wind up having to fight, then when time came to fight, they fought!! Smart move. I bet he made more money fighting for the title than Woodley will make not fighting for the title.

AMERICAN TOP TEAM

Interestingly enough the only articles that I saw (quick search, not a huge sample size) had Tyron saying he didn't want to fight Robbie, or wasn't eager to do so, because "some guys at ATT are more like acquaintances, but Robbie is a friend"

MMA is an individual sport though, which is why I like the guys who are smart enough to realize that. Condit fought GSP even though both fight at Jackson (GSP also spent time with Tristar...) but Condit said basically since Carlos was WEC champ and GSP was UFC champ he basically just avoided him at the gym since they could wind up having to fight, then when time came to fight, they fought!! Smart move. I bet he made more money fighting for the title than Woodley will make not fighting for the title.

Gsp barely ever trained at Jackson's. Situations are vastly different

Are we pretending a freak accident didn't occur in Condit vs Woodley now?

Condit has no bunsiness getting a title shot and everybody knows it. But, we can't say this is the first time a non-deserving fighter got a chance. I do hope Lawler whoops his ass though.

^^^ Top fighter in sig list is Nick Diaz ^^^

Pay no attention to this fool.

Yea he is. Conditions fans like to conveniently forgot that Hendricks was lighting him up.

It's pretty clear Woodley or Hendricks deserve the fight more but absolutely no one should complaining about this fight. It's going to be epic.

"Lighting him up" equals useless takedowns while getting fucked up from the bottom.

I assume by your stupidity that you are a Diaz fan. Don't respond.

In Tyron's last 3, he was outclassed by Rory, KO'd a guy who has the worst strike D in the upper welters, then put everyone to sleep sparring Gastelum. Not a good sell.

Condit almost finished the greatest welterweight and is a former interim holder.
I think if Woodley won the Gastelum fight in dynamic fashion, he stands where condit is right now. Just didn't go down that way.

I'm more than happy with lawler/condit.

i don't think even Woodley himself has complained about Condit getting the nod I'm sure if he beats Hendricks he's next in line anyway also are Lawler and Woodley training partners .

Woodley deserves it over Condit agreed, but i would rather watch Lawler x Condit so i really don't give a shit.

I think this is pretty much how 99% of fight-fans feel.

Lawler-Condit is an amaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing fight, and Condit is definitely top 5, so yeah, let's do it!!!

PS: That gif of Nate smashing Woodley, made me think damn, Nate needs to retire. He looked like he had nothing left in his last fight and he really shouldn't be putting more mileage on that odometer.

Kelvin and DHK were bigger wins than Alves alone. Hell Kelvin was ranked higher than Alves at the time. Kelvin is no joke and he LOST to Woodly.

Then you got that fact that WOODLY BEAT CONDIT. Call it whatever the fuck you want, Condit lost like Silva lost to Weidman the second time. Both were wining until some shenanigans but the L came by the better FIGHTER (that night).

Woodly/Hendricks were next in line PERIOD.

With that said, I'm happier they went with this fight because I always thought Condit was a top 3 WW

Knock off the caps. I don't need to be shouted at.

Some of us like our favorite sport to be a......wait for it.....SPORT

youre probably 15 and all about that JUST BLEED DUDE NICK DIAZ GOAT, arent ya?

MMA is a sport. UFC is a company, who's main goal is profitability. I'm glad they make fights based off cool stylistic matchups sometimes rather than bullshit rankings.

are you one of the morons who's also upset we have to watch cormier/gustaffson instead of cormier/bader?

Woodley's win over Condit wasn't exactly legit.

tumblr_n1albcqLHi1sgv55fo1_400.gif

Love this matchup, should be a striking bloodbath. Plus the Woodley-Hendricks fight in Texas makes sense due to their collegiate background.

In Tyron's last 3, he was outclassed by Rory, KO'd a guy who has the worst strike D in the upper welters, then put everyone to sleep sparring Gastelum. Not a good sell.

Condit almost finished the greatest welterweight and is a former interim holder.

Condit almost finished who now?

MMA is a sport. UFC is a company, who's main goal is profitability. I'm glad they make fights based off cool stylistic matchups sometimes rather than bullshit rankings.

are you one of the morons who's also upset we have to watch cormier/gustaffson instead of cormier/bader?

I actually would prefer Cormier/Bader lol. I just feel like going into a title fight off a loss especially when it wasn't even to the champion is kinda BS. I still like the fight don't get me wrong, that division is just trash. In terms of undeserved title fights I'd say it's second:

1. Cain/Werdum 2
2. Gus/DC
3. Condit/Lawler

Love Condit v. Lawler though, that's the right fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back