Lawler vs Condit is a Robbery Against Woodley.

1. Condit deserved the decision against Hendricks. Never in my life have I seen someone do so much work from the bottom, the person on the top do so little, and judges ignore that fact so much (Mousasi vs. Lawal a close second).

2. Injured in the Woodley fight. Condit is a technical striker and it takes him a little while to get going and find his distance. Woodley is a power striker and is pretty much who he is right out of the gate. I feel pretty confident Condit would have turned that fight around, but whether he would or not, he got injured the way he did and he didn't get a fair shake in it. Let's also not ignore the fact that Condit is the type of fighter that is built for championship fights. Woodley doesn't have much of a chance against Robbie over 5 rounds, but Condit does.

Damn, well put.

It's not always THAT you win a fight, sometimes its HOW you win a fight.

He has one KO win in his last 4, 1 loss, 1 win by injury, and 1 split decision win.

Condit may not be that consistent lately but his last win was a blood bath.

The WW division is in a bit of a snag. There is really no clear cut #1 behind Lawler. I dont think Condit is the true #1 contender but it will be a great fight.

the only one getting robbed is Hendricks.
two times actually, he clearly won the second fight against Lawler.

In Tyron's last 3, he was outclassed by Rory, KO'd a guy who has the worst strike D in the upper welters, then put everyone to sleep sparring Gastelum. Not a good sell.

Condit almost finished the greatest welterweight and is a former interim holder.

This is how I see it.

the only one getting robbed is Hendricks.
two times actually, he clearly won the second fight against Lawler.

He has one win since losing the belt to Lawler. He wasnt the champ long enough to earn a quick rematch.
Hendricks tried to coast the fight at the end and it bit him in the ass. The fight was too close to do that.

If Rory didn't whip on T Wood this would be a no brainer.

Condit comes off ONE win to 13th place Thiago Alves and has a title shot given to him. Before that, the last fight he had was over a year ago when he lost to Woodley. Whereas Woodley has won 4/5 of his last fights, beating Condit, and only losing to Rory MacDougal. It makes no sense to put Condit ahead of Woodley. I like Condit, and I'm glad to see him back, but this isn't fair for Woodley when he's so humble and professional..

use common sense. lawler vs condit is a fresh fight, hendricks vs woodley is a fresh fight. u give woodley to lawler and u get teammate vs teammate drama and then we're left with condit vs hendricks 2. we already saw hendricks beat condit, more money would be made on new match ups as opposed to rematches. if woodley beats hendricks then he'll be the clear no.1 contender, no big deal.

Lawler/Condit and Hendricks/Woodley were the fights everyone wanted. Nothing to complain about here.

Yea Woodley deserves a shot but Lawer/Condit is sort of a dream match. Plus will Woodley fight a teammate? Hes at ATT also right?

It is, but Woodley has been begging to fight Hendricks for about a year now so I don't feel too bad about it. If Woodley wanted the title shot so bad then he should have been lobbying for it instead of calling out Hendricks.

Problem with Woodley is his worst 2 career performances have been within his last 3 fights.

Rory literally broke him mentally and made him quit (very rarely do I see a fighter have fear in there eyes) and his fight was Gastelum was rather embarrassing (back against the cage lobbing one twos while breathing heavy with his mouth open, wtf ?).

Not shocked that Condit passed Woodley or Hendricks (there isn't a clear cut contender).

I like how Hendricks is complaining ( he's been refusing to take a fight when the Woodley fight has been talked about for quite some time ). He could of already fought woodley by now and would be getting the shot (he's doing the reverse of what Lawler did)

I used to be upset about "undeserved" title shots and such, but I've changed my way of thinking.

The UFC is about entertainment and selling fights. Not really a serious sports organisation. Thus we get to see this awesome fight, instead of a less fun one.
In this case I don't mind one bit, because I feel like either Woodley or Hendricks isn't that much more deserving than Condit.

EDIT: Looking at Woodleys record, I think he should win at least one more fight before a title shot. Getting title shot from a split decision win against Gastelum who had a terrible weight cut isn't a very decisive statement. I thought Woodley won that fight clearly though.

It might be a bit unfair to Hendricks, but I don't mind since he is my least favorite fighter in the UFC.

Last edited:
It's a slap in the face to Hendricks which even Woodley agrees with.

Woodley lost that fire. As of right now I don't want to see him anywhere near a ts.

Also I would never say that Woodley beat carlos. Condit got injured before a whole lot happend

Condit has no bunsiness getting a title shot and everybody knows it. But, we can't say this is the first time a non-deserving fighter got a chance. I do hope Lawler whoops his ass though.

I thought it was well known that Woodley/Hendricks had been in the works for a while. Robbie needed some time; its not like the winner won't be getting the next shot.

Woodley lost that fire. As of right now I don't want to see him anywhere near a ts.

Also I would never say that Woodley beat carlos. Condit got injured before a whole lot happend

Woodley dominated that whole fight he beat on the feet and took him down whenever he wanted. There was nothing Condit did in that fight that would suggest he would come back and win

Woodley dominated that whole fight he beat on the feet and took him down whenever he wanted. There was nothing Condit did in that fight that would suggest he would come back and win

I like Condit but I agree with this ^
He doesn't deserve the shot but will still be a fun fight.

Back