Lawler v Hendricks III confirmed

Should have had Rory fight for the title and have Hendricks fight winner of Woodley vs Gastelum .

Hendricks will have 4 title fights in a row and lose 3 of them.

i'm not that pleased with seeing the same fight three times in a row, but in this instance i think it's fair enough. robbie lawler is the man but he did not win that fight... and it keeps rory away from a title shot for even longer lol

What if it's another close contested fight? Having Frankie Edgar flashbacks.

So Dana clearly wants Hendricks to be champion.

Worst possible outcome imaginable.

BunkHeadShaking.gif

Damn I miss the wire.

that tells something about how people see the current state of WW when they beg for Askren's arrival and GSP's return.

So Dana clearly wants Hendricks to be champion.

Worst possible outcome imaginable.

It's not just Dana that wants Hendricks to be champ

gsp-frownPNG.png

If Rory got a shot and won that would ruin GSP (ppv king) becoming champ again

great. So between the 3 fights we'll have seen possibly 9 rounds of both guys actually competing

I would rather see any fight at welterweight right now.

i'm not that pleased with seeing the same fight three times in a row, but in this instance i think it's fair enough. robbie lawler is the man but he did not win that fight... and it keeps rory away from a title shot for even longer lol

Get the fuck out of here with that shit. You don't win fights by pressing your opponent up against the cage, sticking your head in his junk, and absorbing damage for the better part of the round. Morons like you are what's wrong with the sport today.

Lawler got fucked out of the first decision, then worked his way up with some quality wins; meanwhile hendricks fucked himself with his shitty ass gameplan, and gets rewarded with an instant rematch. To hell with that.

"unlike boxing we give you fights the fans wanna see!" -Dana effing White

Instant rematches shouldn't happen unless they end in a draw or a cut/contreversial stoppage, otherwise the fighter should have to fight there way back to the title fight.

Now imagine there is a freaky stoppage maybe due to a terrible cut on Lawler while he is up on the scorecards :D

Wouldn't it be funny if it was another close split decision this time going to Hendricks and they fight a 4th time. Hendricks will fight the same guy 4 straight times, that would be funny as chit.

Dana should just save us all the time, tell Robbie he didn't win, take his belt from him and just hand it back to Johnny Hendricks. It's clearly what he wants.

Hendricks has lost 2 of 3 title fights by close decisions, and his 1 win was also a very close decision. Send him back to the ranks for 1 or 2 fights and let him re-evaluate his hunger for being the best and his desire to win. I know in 2 of his title fights, he was content with coasting the final rounds. Why reward someone like that?

Back