Lawler, TJ, and DC: winning the scorecards then finishing

Post Crisis

Professional Shit-poster
@Black
Reaction score
It was refreshing to see three elite fighters, having secured all the rounds in high stakes matches, go on to finish the fight in the last round instead of playing it safe.

Last edited:
It was refreshing to see two elite fighters, having secured all the rounds in high stakes matches, go on to finish the fight in the last round instead of playing it safe.

DC could have finished it on the first two minutes

Maybe, but Ill give Dan a little more credit. He's durable.

GSP apologists will argue that it wasn't as dominant as dominating for an extra 2 more minutes.

What about Robbie? Guy at press conference didn't give him credit either.. whats with that?

Edit ..To Che (sp?)

And props to dc an tj

I'll give them both credit. They could've rode the scorecards easily. I do think that if DC really put more muscle into his punches he could have won a little quicker, but Hendo is a beast.

Really loved seeing that. Less GSP and sitting in half guard for 5 rounds. If you dominate then you should finish. How many times were Barao and Burger finished?? Anyone can be finished if you are dominate enough and actually want to finish instead of having insane level of safety in your fight.

Biggest props to TJ since he could have easily coast last round but instead he choose to go for the kill, put his chin out there and risk this huge win in a brawl 3 minute before getting a title. That kid has some balls

Really loved seeing that. Less GSP and sitting in half guard for 5 rounds. If you dominate then you should finish. How many times were Barao and Burger finished?? Anyone can be finished if you are dominate enough and actually want to finish instead of having insane level of safety in your fight.

Biggest props to TJ since he could have easily coast last round but instead he choose to go for the kill, put his chin out there and risk this huge win in a brawl 3 minute before getting a title. That kid has some balls

Agreed, I gained a ton of respect for TJ(although I already held him in high regard). He could have easily just coasted but he was coming at Barao in the 5th round like it was the 1st round, when he knew it was in the bag as far as the scores go. Great killer instinct

I think that's the best way though, just to keep doing what you're doing.

It was refreshing to see two elite fighters, having secured all the rounds in high stakes matches, go on to finish the fight in the last round instead of playing it safe.

Hell yes, agree totally - definitely bonus worthy spirit shown - that's what fans want to see

Back