Lawler shows his mental strength in regards to weight change and also says “Nick Diaz is a warrior”

AldoStillGoat

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

2:27 he talks about the weight class change

3:00 talks about how he’s not letting the weight change bother him

5:20 Calls Nick Diaz a warrior and is complementary

Robbie has always been chill outside the octagon but it’s very interesting to see how mentally strong he is compared to Nick Diaz. He constantly brushes off provoking questions and put himself in the present moment as opposed to Nick Diaz who seems like he has demons in his head and is talking about the past and future a lot. Just off the mental game as well as him not taking any time from the sport like Diaz, I favor Lawler in this fight.

War Lawler
War Diaz

Btw, Nick is way more mentally strong than I could ever be. I’m not trying to take anything away from him. He’s a legend but his recent interview is worrying.

No one should ever doubt Robbie's mental strength after outlasting another tough psycho in Rory MacDonald.
stare-down-robbie-lawler.gif

Anderson,Fedor,Sakuraba, BJ all fought much bigger fighters.
Thats why they are loved.

This is why I talked to my buddy tonight in discord -- he picked Diaz before all this shit went down, and I was like... Why $50? How about $100.... I don't think it matters, our bar bill between the 4 of us will be the real joke, but we're celebrating at the same bar we watched the 2004 fight at. Good shit.

Again, the more I see, the more it just looks like Lawler is Lawler but Nick really doesn't want to be involved.

Don't care if I'm wrong, this is 100% a throwback to one of the first fights we watched in a bar -- friends since age 4.

This is why I talked to my buddy tonight in discord -- he picked Diaz before all this shit went down, and I was like... Why $50? How about $100.... I don't think it matters, our bar bill between the 4 of us will be the real joke, but we're celebrating at the same bar we watched the 2004 fight at. Good shit.

Again, the more I see, the more it just looks like Lawler is Lawler but Nick really doesn't want to be involved.

Don't care if I'm wrong, this is 100% a throwback to one of the first fights we watched in a bar -- friends since age 4.

hell ya… dope fight to bring around the old crew

Enjoy the fight(s)!

Nick was playing 4D chess the last 4 years pretending he went full retard just so he could pull this stunt off of coming in heavy for the fight while lawler is mid draining himself, only to get the weight class changed the week of the fight to get an advantage

hell ya… dope fight to bring around the old crew

Enjoy the fight(s)!
You too!

Unlike some of the fickle asshats on these boards, we always do. We aint never stopped watching, or hanging out in discord/ts/vent -- whatever the fad was for VOIP -- but this is some throwback shit that's worth more than anything.

It's fuckin unreal that we're going to be a few feet from where we watched this shit back in 2004. It's also SURREAL because they just opened this place back up in.... May I believe, after a nasty fire. The rest of the event is solid anyways, and we know the staff and cooks and bartenders -- place is literally packed, but we got our corner table and sober cab -- cause we gonna fuckin need it.

You too!

Unlike some of the fickle asshats on these boards, we always do. We aint never stopped watching, or hanging out in discord/ts/vent -- whatever the fad was for VOIP -- but this is some throwback shit that's worth more than anything.

It's fuckin unreal that we're going to be a few feet from where we watched this shit back in 2004. It's also SURREAL because they just opened this place back up in.... May I believe, after a nasty fire. The rest of the event is solid anyways, and we know the staff and cooks and bartenders -- place is literally packed, but we got our corner table and sober cab -- cause we gonna fuckin need it.

That is pretty surreal not gonna lie… almost 20 years is a long time. I can see why you are hyped!

Nick was playing 4D chess the last 4 years pretending he went full retard just so he could pull this stunt off of coming in heavy for the fight while lawler is mid draining himself, only to get the weight class changed the week of the fight to get an advantage

how about…. no

But thanks for contributing

2:27 he talks about the weight class change

3:00 talks about how he’s not letting the weight change bother him

5:20 Calls Nick Diaz a warrior and is complementary

Robbie has always been chill outside the octagon but it’s very interesting to see how mentally strong he is compared to Nick Diaz. He constantly brushes off provoking questions and put himself in the present moment as opposed to Nick Diaz who seems like he has demons in his head and is talking about the past and future a lot. Just off the mental game as well as him not taking any time from the sport like Diaz, I favor Lawler in this fight.

War Lawler
War Diaz

Btw, Nick is way more mentally strong than I could ever be. I’m not trying to take anything away from him. He’s a legend but his recent interview is worrying.

Surprised this didn't somehow have a Conor Mcgregor twist.
You've grown a bit, TS

Smooth responses especially with reporter trying to subliminally diss him with the GSP comparison. He definitely tried to trigger Lawler and get a response and Lawler didn't feed into it.

Robbie seemed pissed in the same way he was when herb stopped the Askren fight, that's to say he went mental for 2 seconds then thought fuck it

Take it Nick didn't do his part on this? I kept tuning in last night but didn't see him

"Ummm...I don't really think about that stuff, I'm just here to compete, I don't really care..." - Robbie in every interview

Robbie doesn’t seem like he enjoys the media all that much but when he talks he is clear and concise. And people definitely want to hear what he has to say. He could be one of those guys that really thrives in an analyst role like Josh Thompson, or something media related once his fighting days are up. Or he could do the voice for Bart Simpson

Back