Lawler & RDA proof that ‘journeyman’ label means nothing

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Both of them captured the titles after having multiple defeats on their records.

A lot of people labeling Masvidal as a journeyman.

Dude’s been in there 48 times. I think losses do not define your championship meddle. Masvidal is in his fighting prime.

Imagine all the fattys on the these forums telling Robbie and RDA to give up because they are losers lol.

An all time great can be a journeyman at the beginning or end of their career.

Thanks man. This is a good point to remember.

Unfortunately, this sport that we love is harsh to anyone that loses.

Being brave and ballsy and challenging yourself doesn’t get as many fans as being selective, careful and deliberate about who and when you fight; as long as you win.

Anyone who has consistently main evented shows, fought for or won titles is not a journeyman. The only people who think so are morons who perverted what the term actually means in boxing. RDA is a former LW champ with multiple defenses, and arguably a top 5 LW ever. That's not a journeyman.

We get it, you’re upset that someone insulted your favourite journeyman Masvidal, it didn’t require a thread.

Posters using that term to describe Masvidal are just shitty trolls of ignorant noobs.

Don't let em get to ya.

Mas is a living legend still fighting at the highest levels.

Was RDA ever considered a journeyman? He was always making moves at LW post his very early UFC run.

Journeymen are usually more experienced than anybody else and once they "click" they are dangerous for anybody.

I wouldn't even call Lawler or RDA journeymen.

USADA start UFC testing Late 2015

Robbie Lalwor loses title Vs Woodley
Jul / 30 / 2016

RDA loses title vs Alvarez
Jul / 07 / 2016

WeirdOfficialArgali-max-1mb.gif

Rda has 13 losses less fights than masvidal, and has been finished more times

Masvidal has always been a contender imo

Nate is a legit gatekeeper

Jul / 30 / 2016

Jul / 07 / 2016

USADA started testing July 1st 2015. A lot of fighters fell off then, yeah. But Robbie won 2 FOTY fights (Rory 2 and Condit) afterwards and hasn't failed anything ever. So it's all speculation. His "downfall" coincides with him getting older, switching camps, 3 back-to-back FOTYs and just a ton of millage. When he lost the belt he was closing in on 40 fights and he's been through a lot of decisions.

He has always looked eyebrow raisingly good - especially recently, but hasn't popped. And RDA is still performing fine, had decent sucsess at WW. He's just too small. It's not like he's gassing or getting put away.

USADA started testing July 1st 2015. A lot of fighters fell off then, yeah. But Robbie won 2 FOTY fights (Rory 2 and Condit) afterwards and hasn't failed anything ever. So it's all speculation. His "downfall" coincides with him getting older, switching camps, 3 back-to-back FOTYs and just a ton of millage. When he lost the belt he was closing in on 40 fights and he's been through a lot of decisions.

He has always looked eyebrow raisingly good - especially recently, but hasn't popped. And RDA is still performing fine, had decent sucsess at WW. He's just too small. It's not like he's gassing or getting put away.

Rousey
Baroa
Aldo

another 3 dominant champs all got put away late 2015

giphy.gif

Rousey
Baroa
Aldo

another 3 dominant champs all got put away late 2015

giphy.gif
Man, I don't even wanna start bringing up names cause I still consider myself a fan of a lot of those guys and want to at least pretend like it wasn't the case, but just go on wikipedia and go through one resume after another and check for everything post-July 1st 2015... it's veeeeeeery interesting. Especially the upswings, like Bisping.

Man, I don't even wanna start bringing up names cause I still consider myself a fan of a lot of those guys and want to at least pretend like it wasn't the case, but just go on wikipedia and go through one resume after another and check for everything post-July 1st 2015... it's veeeeeeery interesting. Especially the upswings, like Bisping.
Yep the record books would look completely different if USADA were around from the beginning

Jul / 30 / 2016

Jul / 07 / 2016

/Thread
Jorge is the definition of journeyman ,nothing to be ashamed of,it got him to a title shot

Back