Lawler not excited about facing Hendricks for the 3rd time

Would much prefer to see him rematch Rory, fight Lombard, or fight Woodley if he beat Kelvin.

Given that he has 2 losses to him, it's understandable.

Putting your opponent against the fence, hiding your head between his legs, should not be considered a win.

Hendricks landed some really good leg kicks in the final rounds but Lawler landed the better punches and he was the one landing all the strikes while Hendricks tried to put his head up Lawler's ass against the fence.

Hendricks lost because he avoided the fight in the last few rounds. I'm glad it was given to Lawler because for once the judges didn't award a win for stalling and avoiding the fight. What Hendricks did in the championship rounds is what's wrong with the scoring criteria because they will almost always get the win, but the judges finally gave the win to the guy who was fighting, not stalling.

Lawler pushed him back, landed the more significant shots besides the leg kicks, and landed the more meaningful strikes while Hendricks put his head between Robbie's legs.

Johny "let's work" Hendricks deserved to lose that fight because of the shit he pulled.

yeah its funny this really is the least interest i've probably had for a fight ever.

Probably afraid of Rory being champ, as they think that will prevent GSP from ever coming back.

That would be my guess.

I must be tired. In possession of all the facts, I hadn't even looked this far into it. I think I've been all Jones-Cormier-NSAC for too long......

Thanks, makes sense.

Lame. Hendricks should fight his way back up like Lawler.

I must be tired. In possession of all the facts, I hadn't even looked this far into it. I think I've been all Jones-Cormier-NSAC for too long......

Thanks, makes sense.

Understandable, seeing as it's been like 90% of the threads made over the last week haha

It's MMA so I will most likely end up watching it but it makes no sense and no one except Johny and his fans want to see it. When he loses again are we going to have to see Lawler vs Hendricks 4?

This is the first time I've ever contemplated not watching a UFC fight.

But I'll probably watch anyway...

Has this seriously been announced? It probably has. I then read about it forgot about it then cane here.

I have literally zero Interest in this.

Wow a talent rich division log jammed at the top and we looking at a Hendricks/Lawler 3 why?
After GSP took his leave, I thought it would be a great opportunity for the UFC to build talent in the division. Sure he was a loss, but it was a blessing in disguise.

Instead, Hendricks is getting his 4th title fight in a row, which is even more odd, considering he's never managed to defend a belt. Wild stuff.

Would watch, but jesus, aren't there better fights to draft up? Their last bout was nothing short of boring.

And people still wonder why some people say "fuck ufc".

You have a division that is rich with talent, and they're doing nothing with it. Laziest matchmaking ever.:eek:

UFC wants to sell Hendricks as the guy who got screwed in his title fight with Georges and wanted to build him up as the successor to GSP's throne.

It blew up in their face when Lawler won the 2nd fight lol

Hendricks/Lombard should be next along with Rory/Lawler II but again, they probably don't want Rory there because they probably think it lessens their chances of getting GSP back.

Hopefully they make this fight as the Co-main behind a MW,LHW or even HW title.

Even though it's HIGHLY unlikely, a man can dream.

The UFC should wait. Hendricks has fought Robbie Lawler twice in a row all ready, and it's not like there is no one else at WW. Rory is ready for a shot, Lombard is just a fight or two away, and there's a ton of young blood in the likes of Gastelum, Thatch, Wonderboy, Gunnar, etc who are on their way up.

Way too early for Lawler/Hendricks III.

Lawler/Hendricks II was one of the worst championship fights of all time.

I wont even watch an illegal stream of this card. I'll be doing something far more entertaining with my free time, like watching reruns of Antiques Roadshow.

Back