Lawler not excited about facing Hendricks for the 3rd time

orlandod

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
http://sportv.globo.com/site/combate/noticia/2015/01/lawler-sobre-cinturao-pela-primeira-vez-estava-pronto-para-os-holofotes.html"]Combate

"Im not really excited about this, obviously, but it's gonna be a great fight and I'm gonna be ready. I don't worry about him deserving it or not, he's just the next guy I'm facing. I rather move forward and not worry about things I can't control. I can just worry about the things I can, like training, getting my body ready to fight and all those stuff. The rest I preffer to let it go"

"I'm ready to get back to training, but I needed to rest. I had a rough year, with a lot of fights in sequence, then my coaches wanted me to rest a little. It has been a little hard, because I don't know how to relax and I have been training everyday and until february I should be training 100%"

460079668.jpg

Given that he has 2 losses to him, it's understandable.

0 interest.

They're 1-1. Fact

You don't have to agree with the decision f the 2nd fight (Arguable 48-47 either way) but it's a reasonable score.

That Reebok sponsorship is paying off for Hendricks. There's literally no other reason why they should be fighting again.

Dana mentioned that Lawler would be fighting "in the summer" so it may be a long ways off too.

This is Dillashaw/Barao rematch level hype. Frankie/BJ III hype.

unbelievable that UFC went with hendricks, it sure as hell isn't the most lucrative opponent...

3rd fight is absolute bullshit when we have a welterweight division that's more stacked than it's been in a long time.

Kind of agree. I liked the second decision because it was a repudiation of wall n' stall but he really didn't deserve it according to the must and fighting Johnny a third time is a big risk.

Dana dropped the ball on this one. Nobody except some Hendricks fans (are there any?) want to see this fight.

Rory/Lawler 2 should have been the fight. Zero interest in this third fight.

Never been less excited about a title fight

Back