Lawler/Hendricks 3 to UFC 185???

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Dannyb271, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Dannyb271

Dannyb271 Blue Belt

As it stands UFC 185 is gunna need some big names with Pettis/RDA as main event. Both fighters have shown excellent talent but needle moving not so much. Timing would be perfect for both Ruthless/Big Rig to finish the trilogy where it started....Dallas....2 Belts on the line...Uncle D make it happen!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  2. estranged

estranged Brown Belt

thought you meant fighting at 185lb for the 3rd match when I saw the title lol

3. Dannyb271

Dannyb271 Blue Belt

Lol Johnnys cardio could only wish

4. A84

A84 Green Belt

WW is a joke since GSP is gone. We should be debating who is going to beat GSP like we do with Jones.

He already beat Hendricks and the rest of the division by default since he is better than Rory Mac.

5. JonSnitchPhones

JonSnitchPhones Beastin' 26/9

The timing would be terrible because they were both just involved in a grueling 5-rounder 3+ months ago. Robbie was talking about taking off until summer. Instead he must have begrudgingly accepted late April. Mid March would be a stretch to say the least. You're trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

I think UFC's original plan was to have the Hendricks/Lawler in Dallas in late April, Rory as the co-main in Montreal against Condit in mid March. But then they got bumped from the Bell Centre for boxing in mid March, so they switched the locations of the two events, and they were shit out of luck on getting Hendricks in Texas. Move on.

We don't have a good gauge on if Pettis can move the needle yet, especially after a long layoff, but then thrilling performance in return. Pettis-Henderson 2 on short notice and just a few days after another solid card did OK for a UFC PPV. He wasn't the headliner last time. We have to see what he does as a headliner consistently eventually. He is the #1 fan favorite per Tapology. You're not going to make him into mainstream star, let alone superstar, putting him in the co-main event to Hendricks/Lawler and guys like that all the time. He's got to make the jump sometime. Machida/Rockhold and Rampage/Shogun, or something like that, should be enough support to sell a ppv solidly.

6. dre quinn

dre quinn Blue Belt

I didn't know Pettis wasn't a needle mover. Lol

7. Deffid

Deffid BURN THEM ALL #stillmyqueen

Thought it, too.

Maybe they wouldn't need to "pace themselves" over half the fight if it was at MW...

As for the actual topic, Dana said that Lawler will fight in the summer. So the long anticipated rematch will not happen so soon.

8. Senzo Tanaka

Senzo Tanaka Silver Belt

Dana mentioned on Fox that "Lawler will be fighting in the Summer".

I really hope they aren't delaying the fight all the way till then. I don't want to see the rematch but I also don't want the title held up.

9. Dannyb271

Dannyb271 Blue Belt

Not ragging on him just saying Anthony Pettis isn't a household name just yet.......everyone knows Ronda now everyone loves nick diaz so on n so forth blah blah

10. Dannyb271

Dannyb271 Blue Belt

[​IMG]

me still thinks he pulls south of 400k buys but that's still not bad I'm just saying he's gunna need sm major help... n for some reason no1 wants the rematch so soon but it would make 185 a must see which is the idea

11. McDego

McDego Green Belt

I really wish they would stop with the rematches.