Lawler has arguably lost 4 of last 5 fights

PlatinumColbyCovington

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Obviously not on paper, but I for one am not the type to turn the other cheek when there is corruption / incompetence going on, so I clearly remember Robberie Lawler winning decisions he clearly did not deserve!

Last five fights:

Loss 28–13 (1) Ben Askren Technical Submission (bulldog choke) UFC 235 March 2, 2019 1 3:20 Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Loss 28–12 (1) Rafael dos Anjos Decision (unanimous) UFC on Fox: Lawler vs. dos Anjos December 16, 2017 5 5:00 Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Win 28–11 (1) Donald Cerrone Decision (unanimous) UFC 214 July 29, 2017 3 5:00 Anaheim, California, United States
Loss 27–11 (1) Tyron Woodley KO (punches) UFC 201 July 30, 2016 1 2:12 Atlanta, Georgia, United States Lost the UFC Welterweight Championship.
Win 27–10 (1) Carlos Condit Decision (split) UFC 195

2-3 in last five on paper. He was OUTCLASSED against Condit for pretty much the entire fight but went on a rampage in the final minutes .. and was GIFTED a decision win by the Just Bleed Judges..I remember it like it was yesterday..

How does he deserve to fight the TRUE WW Champion?

username checks out...

idc what it says on his record, i still consider the askren fight a NC. you're not wrong about the condit fight though

Two of the dudes Colby has beaten were named Wang and Dong.

Two of the dudes Colby has beaten were named Wang and Dong.
PYLE_MIKE.png

edit- ninja style

This thread title could be called "Lawler has arguably won 12 of his last 13 fights"
I mean the Askren fight could have been stopped during the drubbing Lawler gave him, and the stoppage Askren got, while justifiable from Mr. Dean at the moment, was in hindsight a bad stoppage.
The Hendricks loss could EASILY have been given to Lawler. It was controversial at the time.
The RDA fight could have gone to Lawler because... why the fuck not, we are playing revisionist history, right?
Someone can "arguably" do a lot of things, because people will "argue" all kinds of shit brained things. Take TS for example.

It's also arguable--indeed, quite plausible--that he has won three of his last five. But to address the point of your question, although some fighters' fights might be controversial because they lack skills, I think that's clearly not Lawler's case.

Back