Lawler Admits To Lazy Mistake Against Hendricks (vid)

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Han Solo, May 20, 2014.

1. Han Solo

Han Solo Banned Banned

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  2. jiujitsuforever

jiujitsuforever Banned Banned

north carolina: aka most bipolar weather on the ea
    i think this was posted yesterday, but anyway i feel he was losing the fight either way

3. HandsomeDevil**

HandsomeDevil** Blue Belt

Lazy? Lawler was frustrating to watch, he was just trying to win a decision and clearly either gassed or he thought he was winning, He should've gone for the kill the moment he busted hendricks face but Hendricks won it, deservedly. Hendricks came back stronger and showed he wanted it.

This match reminds me of Melendez vs Henderson except we all know Melendez was a dick for trying to think he could just win by point fighting against the champ.

4. COBRA03

COBRA03 Brown Belt

To bad, I have a feeling that Lawler will never get another shot in the stacked WW division. I hope I'm wrong, I always root for the oldtimers!

5. Bubson Bubba

Bubson Bubba Purple Belt

There was an equal chance of getting tagged himself (or taken down) if he had become a little reckless to get the KO. He knew what he was doing and unfortunately it turned out to be the wrong decision. The other choice could have been the wrong one too.

I am afraid if he gets another shot , the match may not be close. He lost to a torn bicep, broken shin, fucked-up weight cut Hendricks. What is the probability of getting such an easy chance again? Almost zero.

6. Lincoln Hawk

Lincoln Hawk Red Belt

Hard not to love Robbie. Lots of fighters have trouble going from 3 rounds to 5. If he gets another shot there's no way he gases again.

He's beaten Kos and Rory and gave Johnny his toughest fight yet. It isn't a fluke that he's the #2 WW right now.

7. blocnoir

blocnoir Brown Belt

I disagree. I think he was clearly going for the KO, and he said so himself. But with the threat of a takedown from a good wrestler, you have no choice but to be on your guard

8. Barbadosdaluta

Barbadosdaluta Banned Banned

It's unfair to give anyone two ways to win while giving only one person one way to win.

9. NoContest

NoContest Brown Belt

Exactly, not to mention we've seen fighters gas completely after trying to go for the kill like Erick Silva and Castillo against Edson Barboza

10. Cyantist

Cyantist Red Belt

he fucked his shoulder half way through round 1 and went on to win the fight in my eyes. He wasn't point fighting at all.

It was a very very close fight [2 rounds a piece] right up until Johny wobbled Robbie and secured a takedown that he didnt do very much with. Even Robbie shook his head lol. I thought Johny won a razor thin decision.

11. Almus Monk

Almus Monk Purple Belt

Melendez won. Maybe he fought he could do what benson did against edgar. Not score, a Single takedown, land hardly any power shots, get takendown and beaten.
    Benson won the 1st round of there second fight, after that he didnt do jack shit

12. elzar

elzar Red Belt

yeah, he didn't do enough that 5th round and sat against the fence either gassed or hoping for a standup, but either way that was passivity and not the way to close out the most important round in a convincing way.

13. NoBiasJustMMA

NoBiasJustMMA Steel Belt

This interview makes me like Lawler even more, the guy is so humble and has a great attitude.

14. DarthChen731

DarthChen731 Gold Belt

You sound mad. Please tell us more.

15. Grappling Magic

Grappling Magic SAKU BELT

These gifs have NOTHING to do with this post and/or conversation (other than Robbie Lawler's presence) but they make me SMILE :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  16. Greenlexluther

Greenlexluther Purple Belt

Only reason that fight wasn't a draw was due to Hendricks diving for a leg and clinging to him like a limpet till the bell.

Very anti climatic finish to a title fight but hey, little Johnny just wanted to be champion no matter how he won it.

17. HAWTRIDDUM

HAWTRIDDUM Gold Belt Platinum Member

Hendricks won on points, but he got his ass kicked.