Lawler Admits To Lazy Mistake Against Hendricks (vid)

i think this was posted yesterday, but anyway i feel he was losing the fight either way

Lazy? Lawler was frustrating to watch, he was just trying to win a decision and clearly either gassed or he thought he was winning, He should've gone for the kill the moment he busted hendricks face but Hendricks won it, deservedly. Hendricks came back stronger and showed he wanted it.

This match reminds me of Melendez vs Henderson except we all know Melendez was a dick for trying to think he could just win by point fighting against the champ.

To bad, I have a feeling that Lawler will never get another shot in the stacked WW division. I hope I'm wrong, I always root for the oldtimers!

There was an equal chance of getting tagged himself (or taken down) if he had become a little reckless to get the KO. He knew what he was doing and unfortunately it turned out to be the wrong decision. The other choice could have been the wrong one too.

I am afraid if he gets another shot , the match may not be close. He lost to a torn bicep, broken shin, fucked-up weight cut Hendricks. What is the probability of getting such an easy chance again? Almost zero.

Hard not to love Robbie. Lots of fighters have trouble going from 3 rounds to 5. If he gets another shot there's no way he gases again.

He's beaten Kos and Rory and gave Johnny his toughest fight yet. It isn't a fluke that he's the #2 WW right now.

Lazy? Lawler was frustrating to watch, he was just trying to win a decision and clearly either gassed or he thought he was winning, He should've gone for the kill the moment he busted hendricks face but Hendricks won it, deservedly. Hendricks came back stronger and showed he wanted it.

This match reminds me of Melendez vs Henderson except we all know Melendez was a dick for trying to think he could just win by point fighting against the champ.

I disagree. I think he was clearly going for the KO, and he said so himself. But with the threat of a takedown from a good wrestler, you have no choice but to be on your guard

It's unfair to give anyone two ways to win while giving only one person one way to win.

I disagree. I think he was clearly going for the KO, and he said so himself. But with the threat of a takedown from a good wrestler, you have no choice but to be on your guard

Exactly, not to mention we've seen fighters gas completely after trying to go for the kill like Erick Silva and Castillo against Edson Barboza

he fucked his shoulder half way through round 1 and went on to win the fight in my eyes. He wasn't point fighting at all.

It was a very very close fight [2 rounds a piece] right up until Johny wobbled Robbie and secured a takedown that he didnt do very much with. Even Robbie shook his head lol. I thought Johny won a razor thin decision.

Melendez won. Maybe he fought he could do what benson did against edgar. Not score, a Single takedown, land hardly any power shots, get takendown and beaten.
Benson won the 1st round of there second fight, after that he didnt do jack shit

yeah, he didn't do enough that 5th round and sat against the fence either gassed or hoping for a standup, but either way that was passivity and not the way to close out the most important round in a convincing way.

This interview makes me like Lawler even more, the guy is so humble and has a great attitude.

Melendez won. Maybe he fought he could do what benson did against edgar. Not score, a Single takedown, land hardly any power shots, get takendown and beaten.
Benson won the 1st round of there second fight, after that he didnt do jack shit

You sound mad. Please tell us more.

These gifs have NOTHING to do with this post and/or conversation (other than Robbie Lawler's presence) but they make me SMILE :D

tumblr_m6vptwoF951ry1rm7o1_250.gif

esexA.gif

Last edited:
Only reason that fight wasn't a draw was due to Hendricks diving for a leg and clinging to him like a limpet till the bell.

Very anti climatic finish to a title fight but hey, little Johnny just wanted to be champion no matter how he won it.

Hendricks won on points, but he got his ass kicked.

Back