Laverne Clark first mma fight - Shonie Carter *Video*

Poor Clark? I'm sure he's fine with it. Again, if you had a clue about the perception of strikers in the early days of the modern mma revival you'd know that.... but you don't because most fans who used TUF as their gateway into the sport are ignorant to the fact, as you are.

And again, Clark is controlling Hughes, that D-1 All American Wrestler.... choking him with his forearm and landing shots.
If you don't see that then.... thanks for the luck wish, but coming from you it can't be too good of a thing to have.

what does perception have to do with anything? if it works it works, who cares what anyone thinks

i mean really did you watch your own video? im dead serious

actually im kidding, i know you did. you probably went over it with a comb looking for one fleeting second of success for clark because you have that much of a hardon for it. face it, he got his shit pushed in after clinching eachother for most of the first

if that's doing pretty good then......... if you don't know, i can't tell you

pobre chico

Poor Clark? I'm sure he's fine with it. Again, if you had a clue about the perception of strikers in the early days of the modern mma revival you'd know that.... but you don't because most fans who used TUF as their gateway into the sport are ignorant to the fact, as you are.

And again, Clark is controlling Hughes, that D-1 All American Wrestler.... choking him with his forearm and landing shots.
If you don't see that then.... thanks for the luck wish, but coming from you it can't be too good of a thing to have.

That is precisely the reason he is being controlled. The Achilles heel of the average wrestler is his back game. Most of them either go hardcore stalling (Matt Hughes in this vid) or get passed and subbed. Wrestling is a very one dimensional grappling sport, I'm guessing a blue belt could have controlled them easily on the mat at this point.

Only reason the average wrestler looks even "OK" off his back is because of their ridiculous explosions.

Barman outnumbered, but taking it to them nonetheless, humbling lightweights left-and-right, shoeshining them, landing titanic right hands on the temple, knocking them cold, leaving them convulsing on the floor like infantile retards...

^ (*I was doing Howard Cossel voice there)

Wrestlers don't train to fight off their backs, once their backs touch the mats the match is over. He's like a fish out of water there. What he needed was better jiu-jitsu, but at this stage in his career, he didn't have that.

And that's not much of a choke, it's uncomfortable, but if you turn your head you can stay there all day.

what does perception have to do with anything? if it works it works, who cares what anyone thinks

i mean really did you watch your own video? im dead serious

actually im kidding, i know you did. you probably went over it with a comb looking for one fleeting second of success for clark because you have that much of a hardon for it. face it, he got his shit pushed in after clinching eachother for most of the first

if that's doing pretty good then......... if you don't know, i can't tell you

pobre chico

And Iosephus unravels again.
Fleeting second of success? Are 'fleeting seconds' a unit of measurement comparable with 'first round of a fight'?

"face it, he got his shit pushed in"
"Domination!!!!!"

You talk like a little kid, Iosephus.... how old are you?
You're not bitter that I told everyone how you're just a TUF entry into the mma world are you? That reality shows capture your attention for something?
I bet that stung. I'm sorry man.

Fleeting second of success? Are 'fleeting seconds' a unit of measurement comparable with 'first round of a fight'?

You're not bitter that I told everyone how you're just a TUF entry into the mma world are you? That reality shows capture your attention for something?

You always go off topic just into the world of attempting to flame someone. Attempting to have a debate with you is like trying to discuss religion with your wife. Always ends up being all about emotions and past travesties .

Wrestlers don't train to fight off their backs, once their backs touch the mats the match is over. He's like a fish out of water there. What he needed was better jiu-jitsu, but at this stage in his career, he didn't have that.

And that's not much of a choke, it's uncomfortable, but if you turn your head you can stay there all day.

Don't you think this is kind of like rating a punch based off of whether it knocks the guy out or not? As if the only punch that has merit is the punch that actually put the lights out and any punch that didn't is meaningless, informative of nothing.

Well, we don't gage punches like that.... and in an mma fight we don't gage aggressive movements like that either. To be in the position to do that says something about one fighter relative to the other (something that Iosoopheas ...whatever.... ignorant to).

let's be honest, i don't think you believe he was doing all that well. if you do, well, some people also think penn was going to beat edgar. but i can't get mad at them, they have their fan goggles on.

you lack objectivity, unlike me. i don't have any bias, i just call out your bullshit. yes you're wrong, they neutralized eachother for however many minutes that was. and then after that point it was painful

everyone reading this is going to think "yup, he's right" and you probably will too, except you wont admit it.

To me... "Getting his shit pushed in" is one of the overused homosexual MMA expressions, right alongside "Blew his load/wad all over that guy"

You always go off topic just into the world of attempting to flame someone. Attempting to have a debate with you is like trying to discuss religion with your wife. Always ends up being all about emotions and past travesties .

I go off topic?
I thought it was a really interesting thread idea.... then the C.H.U.D.s surface.
What do you expect me to do?
Funny, GracieBarra was so wrong to the point of lying.... but none of you seemed too concerned about that. No, you went after me and my post and I responded.

Neither of you are concerned about the truth of something. If you were you would have hopped on GracieBarra.... but nope, didn't do that.

Iosheaus:
you lack objectivity, unlike me. i don't have any bias

Pot to Kettle
I'm not black, damn you!!!!
Black-pot.jpg

funny, because all i did was speak the truth -- he's at best a journeyman in both sports

and somehow you got offended and defensive. now you're reduced to reaction images

does anyone here (besides MC, he's too sore to admit it) think i've said anything that's bullshit?

Ios:
funny, because all i did was speak the truth

Pot:
Seriously fuckers, I'm not kidding!!! I'm NOT BLACK! OOOOhhhhh that's it!!! Someone's about to get DOMINATED and have their shit pushed in!!! Nah mean?!?!?!?!
Black-pot.jpg

But damn, Ios....
You must be this stoic intellectual who just speaks the truth.
Hell, you have a handy phrase to throw around when someone posts an image
"Reaction Image"...
Wow, you suck.

One second he's all "Dominated" and "shit pushed in".... next moment he's the humble man, hat in hand, who really is only concerned with dry and unbiased vocalizations of his pure as fallen snow perception.

Or to put it another way....
you went from XTreme MMA fan droppin "intense, dawg" catch phrases to being (after you were mocked for it) a stoic who attempts for a 1 to 1 parity of his perception of reality to reality. Saying patently absurd things like "I have no bias".... yeah.

if by pretty good you mean getting clinched and held on to and then dominated, then yes, he did "pretty good""

We're seeing different things, I saw Matt Hughes run into an uppercut and get mounted for almost an entire round; for pretty much half of the fight, Hughes was on his back, I'd call that being controlled. I definitely did not see a one-sided asswhooping. Granted, when Hughes got on top, he accomplished more from that position than Clark did, but does that mean we should totally ignore the first half of the fight?

You must be this stoic intellectual who just speaks the truth.

usually

but why are you talking about me

i mean clark without a doubt is a sub journeyman, who was "dominated" by just about every top class fighter he's faced in his entire career. adamek pushed his shit in, and hughes pushed his shit in, along with a handful of nobodies.

i dont think anyone except you is going to say otherwise.

to be honest im not sure why you're defending him. your thread was about misconceptions in the early days of mma (i think?), which is fine, even though i don't think anyone gives a shit. but why get defensive when i say the guy hasn't made much of himself?

We're seeing different things, I saw Matt Hughes run into an uppercut and get mounted for almost an entire round; for pretty much half of the fight, Hughes was on his back, I'd call that being controlled. I definitely did not see a one-sided asswhooping. Granted, when Hughes got on top, he accomplished more from that position than Clark did, but does that mean we should totally ignore the first half of the fight?

im not really one of those people that considers stalling in one position and doing absolutely nothing being all that effective. i think most of us would agree in today's world that would've been stood up 30 seconds in.

if someone tied ups up a guy and held him against the ropes and clinched without either of them landing for a round, great, you both did fuck all. but if he comes out at the end of the round, fucks him up just as the bell rings, and then ends it in the second that's domination

Barman, it's no use. I had this exact same discussion a few months back (even used the exact same fight - Clarke vs. Hughes) and came up against the same retarded resistance.

Anybody who can't see that Clarke clearly won that first round (against an MMA legend mind you) is a blind fan boy. Pretty good for a less-than-journeyman boxer who by Pat Militech's own admission never trained a lick in MMA.

Hey, if Rocky Batastini were to fight Lennox Lewis and give him hell for a round I'd be the first to give the man, and the sport of MMA, credit.

Anybody who can't see that Clarke clearly won that first round

it wasnt clear. it was a stalemate for 90% of the first until the reversal and hughes put on more punishment in 20 seconds than clark had in 5mins

safe to say he could have "stole" that round.

it wasnt clear. it was a stalemate for 90% of the first until the reversal and hughes put on more punishment in 20 seconds than clark had in 5mins

safe to say he could have "stole" that round.

Wow....
Funny how contorted one's perception can be and then the exact same person will say that he has no bias.

Back