Lauzon vs. Miller and Guillard vs. Varner: Who Do You Have?

Miller via decision or late sub.

Melvin via TKO (but wouldn't be surprised if he went out there all cocky and agressive and got finished... again.)

Guillard has better wrestling, and has more power from standing.

I don't think he has better wrestling, any possible advantage he has in power is negligible. I think the speed/power advantage people see Guillard having is just because he commits 100% to throwing power without any regard for defense or setting strikes up. Varner is technically sound, has solid defense and far superior footwork. I think he's every bit the athlete Guillard is, people just don't realize it because he doesn't fight like an idiot and throw stupid flashy shit from the outside.

Varner by TKO and Miller by UD

I don't think he has better wrestling, any possible advantage he has in power is negligible. I think the speed/power advantage people see Guillard having is just because he commits 100% to throwing power without any regard for defense or setting strikes up. Varner is technically sound, has solid defense and far superior footwork. I think he's every bit the athlete Guillard is, people just don't realize it because he doesn't fight like an idiot and throw stupid flashy shit from the outside.

I think you are wrong. We will see in a few days.

Cant choose with Lauzon/Miller but I think Guillard KOs Varner.

are you a Guillard fan or something? You do realize that Varner has never been finished by strikes? If anything I think Varner finishes Guillard as Guillard has a questionable chin.

Guillard has better wrestling, and has more power from standing.

Guillard is not the better wrestler and maybe he has a little more power but Varner is the better boxer and has a far better chin.

I'd love for Lauzon to finish Miller but I feel like we might see Lauzon's first decision win in the UFC. It'll be close though.

And I think Varner should decision Guillard pretty easily, but Guillard's due for his once in a blue moon impressive KO win too.

are you a Guillard fan or something? You do realize that Varner has never been finished by strikes? If anything I think Varner finishes Guillard as Guillard has a questionable chin.

I think it's kind of dumb when people say "_____ has never been finished with strikes but you expect ______ (a guy with shit tons of KO power) to finish him?"

The more a fighter fights and gets punched in the face, the more likely it will be that he gets KTFO. If you don't think Guillard can KTFO anyone in the LW division then you gotta be crazy. Not saying Guillard is going to win, but saying Guillard via KTFO is a pretty good possibility when it comes to Guillard fights.

Lauzon and Varner here. Should be good either way really compelling matchups imo.

Melvin by ko and lauzon by sub

Guillar is such an explosive striker and i see him catching varner early and lauzon is very crafty on the ground i know miller has great sub d but i think lauzon can catch him

Miller, maybe Varner (not sure). Both Miller and Lauzon start with a high pace and both are good sub grapplers. But Miller can keep that pace going, Lauzon usually can't (though he did against Varner in his last, but that's not the best example since Varner gassed, took it on short notice). He's A-class early, but then drops hard as the fight goes on. Jim won't let him off the hook and gets the TKO.

Melvin/Varner is tougher. Melvin could KO him in the 1st (like with anyone), but he's chinny. If he can't put him away early, Jamie likely takes the decision or gets a late sub. Or hurts him with a straight punch like Stevenson and Lauzon and subs him. Guillard's win basically relies on him scoring a early KO, and that's not a safe pick.

Melvin by ko and lauzon by sub

Guillar is such an explosive striker and i see him catching varner early and lauzon is very crafty on the ground i know miller has great sub d but i think lauzon can catch him

I agree but have Melvin by decision.

I think it's kind of dumb when people say "_____ has never been finished with strikes but you expect ______ (a guy with shit tons of KO power) to finish him?"

The more a fighter fights and gets punched in the face, the more likely it will be that he gets KTFO. If you don't think Guillard can KTFO anyone in the LW division then you gotta be crazy. Not saying Guillard is going to win, but saying Guillard via KTFO is a pretty good possibility when it comes to Guillard fights.

I agree with everything you said. I agree that people who haven't been Ko'd can always be ko'd especially when facing a vastly superior striker.

The thing is I don't think Guillard is a vastly superior striker. Sure Guillard can Ko him if he catches him clean but he's not as good a striker as people believe. His athletic ability, speed and power make up for a bunch of defensive flaws and his chin is very suspect.

I just have a hard time picturing a guy who got out boxed by Stephens, Lauzon and Cerrone out boxing Varner. Especially when Varner is a better boxer than all three of them. Guillard is a front runner and once he figures out that Varner won't fold and will land hard shots on him also, he'll fold like he usually does, and yes Varner also folds but usually only when being forced to grapple with far superior grapplers.

It's not that Melvin isn't very dangerous he's just a less skilled fighter than Varner and I rarely ever bet on someone whose only chance is a Ko punch. Especially when he's facing a more technically skilled striker who has a far better chin. Melvin's chin, striking defense and willpower will lead to his downfall imo.

I agree with everything you said. I agree that people who haven't been Ko'd can always be ko'd especially when facing a vastly superior striker.

The thing is I don't think Guillard is a vastly superior striker. Sure Guillard can Ko him if he catches him clean but he's not as good a striker as people believe. His athletic ability, speed and power make up for a bunch of defensive flaws and his chin is very suspect.

I just have a hard time picturing a guy who got out boxed by Stephens, Lauzon and Cerrone out boxing Varner. Especially when Varner is a better boxer than all three of them. Guillard is a front runner and once he figures out that Varner won't fold and will land hard shots on him also, he'll fold like he usually does, and yes Varner also folds but usually only when being forced to grapple with far superior grapplers.

It's not that Melvin isn't very dangerous he's just a less skilled fighter than Varner and I rarely ever bet on someone whose only chance is a Ko punch. Especially when he's facing a more technically skilled striker who has a far better chin. Melvin's chin, striking defense and willpower will lead to his downfall imo.

Varner won't fold? We have reason to think that Varner could fold, it happened in his last fight. I haven't seen Cerrone/Varner in awhile, but I believe Varner was getting out-struck by Cerrone. And Melvin did not get out-boxed against Stephens, he won the fight and it was all standing.

Varner won't fold? We have reason to think that Varner could fold, it happened in his last fight.

Reading comprehension, Varner folds when forced to grapple with high level grapplers. Melvin Guillard is a white belt who is a lesser wrestler.

Guillard folds when getting punched in the face, Varner is good at punching people in the face.

Gee what is more likely Guillard forcing Varner to engage in a high paced back and forth War that has prolonged grappling sequences or Varner punching Guillard in the face.

Miller and Varner. Although Varner pulling out last time makes me doubt him.

Reading comprehension, Varner folds when forced to grapple with high level grapplers. Melvin Guillard is a white belt who is a lesser wrestler.

Guillard folds when getting punched in the face, Varner is good at punching people in the face.

Gee what is more likely Guillard forcing Varner to engage in a high paced back and forth War that has prolonged grappling sequences or Varner punching Guillard in the face.

We will see in a few days.

Back