Lauzon vs. Miller and Guillard vs. Varner: Who Do You Have?

Varner has solid boxing, but I don't see him TKOing Melvin. I think if Melvin comes in with a good gameplan he can wear him down. Miller is tough and crafty, but I think this is the big win for Lauzon.

I said he drops Melvin and finishes him with a choke. Guillard got dropped by a jab from Lauzon and I thought Cerrone fucking killed him. Melvin could easily finish the fight, but I think Varner is tougher and doesn't have the gaping holes in his game that Guillard does.

And Lauzon is an awesome fighter and I love watching him fight, but I just can't see him finishing Miller, and I doubt he wins a decision.

i think ppl forget melvin has pretty good wrestling himself and could cancell out varners advantage and im pretty sure we can all agree whos more of a threeat on the feet, also joe has decent boxing to hang with miller and the ground game is his world , joe wins all day

i think ppl forget melvin has pretty good wrestling himself and could cancell out varners advantage and im pretty sure we can all agree whos more of a threeat on the feet, also joe has decent boxing to hang with miller and the ground game is his world , joe wins all day

I agree with you on Joe, but I think Varner could outstrike Guillard. It is possible.

If Varner shows up without weight issue's Melvins confidence and ego is going to be his downfall in the fight. Will underestimate the opponent and Varner will probably get a nice Submission

Jim Miller vs J-Lau

It really depends what Jim Miller shows up and how he incorporates his game plan. Jim has a very high BJJ skill set and excellent striking. If he drags the fight into later rounds he might catch J-Lau slippin but I really doubt that. It will def go to a decision

J-Lau is no slouch though. Excellent with his hands game for any position and a very crafty BJJ guard. I see heavy exchanges off the initial but I really dont see J-Lau with the power to ko Miller (Miller hasnt been KO'd for that matter either). But.... If he picks his shots and makes Miller work in the grappling department i see a fight of the night performance easily. A win for the fans for sure.

Miller and Guillard.

But I think both fights are hard to call. People seem to be overlooking Lauzon in this fight, I see lots of people picking Miller via domination/finish.

Story of his mma life. And yes hard to call even on guillard, I bet there's no decision in that one.

Lauzon
I want Guillard to win, but I think Varner can take it.

Varner's the easy pick, there's no logical reason to think Guillard's winning that fight. He isn't better than Varner at anything.

Lauzon/Miller is tougher considering it looks like "first round Lauzon" is a thing of the past and Miller has been struggling lately. You'd definitely have to go with Miller a few years ago, I think Lauzon's on his way up at this point though.

I want to pick Lauzon and Varner, but I think they both might lose.

1. People forget that Jim is pretty damn good, and they forget just because he got owned by Nate. But he took tough shots from Melvin and Nate, got whooped by Bendo and didn't get finished, and had a great win streak though it wasn't against the best, he still tapped Oliveria lol. That's kinda like when Wiman tapped Sass to me.

I'd pick Jim by sub, possibly decision. Lauzon is definitely NOT out of his league but I don't know how he's gonna win this, especially not with a (T)KO. Gotta be by sub.

2. Anybody picking Melvin by (T)KO is dumb. Varner has never been TKO'd or KO'd ever and I don't think Melvin will be the first. There are several ways it could end, but I only see one way for Melvin: decision. Otherwise, sub or decision by Varner. Even though he was KO'd bad by Cerrone, Cerrone freaking DESTROYED him with a disgustingly-nasty punch and I don't think Jamie has that much power Cerrone showed.

Guillard is to much of a wildcard for me to choose confidently.

Picking Lauzon over Miller though.

Varner's the easy pick, there's no logical reason to think Guillard's winning that fight. He isn't better than Varner at anything.

Lauzon/Miller is tougher considering it looks like "first round Lauzon" is a thing of the past and Miller has been struggling lately. You'd definitely have to go with Miller a few years ago, I think Lauzon's on his way up at this point though.

Guillard has better wrestling, and has more power from standing.

Back