Latest UFC rankings update: ‘Bullet’ speeds past Tyron Woodley on pound-for-pound list

Eater of Souls

Guardian of the Gate
@Silver
Reaction score
Former UFC welterweight champion, Tyron Woodley, is still “The Chosen One,” as Valentina Shevchenko has chosen him for the No. 14 spot in the promotion’s pound-for-pound rankings after her lights-out performance at UFC 238 last weekend in Chicago.

“Bullet” takes over at No. 13, one of many updates coming out of the “Windy City.” Bantamweight Petr Yan and featherweight Calvin Kattar had the biggest jumps, as “No Mercy” went up five spots to No. 4 with his decision win over Jimmie Rivera, while “The Boston Finisher” soared six places to No. 9 by jaw-jacking Ricardo Lamas.

POUND-FOR-POUND
1 Daniel Cormier
2 Jon Jones
3 Khabib Nurmagomedov
4 Henry Cejudo
5 Max Holloway
6 Amanda Nunes
7 Kamaru Usman
8 Dustin Poirier
9 Conor McGregor
10 Robert Whittaker
11 Stipe Miocic
12 Tony Ferguson
13 Valentina Shevchenko +1
14 Tyron Woodley -1
15 Jessica Andrade

Full article:

https://www.mmamania.com/2019/6/12/...peeds-past-tyron-woodley-pound-pound-list-mma

No way should Mcgregor be on that list but we all know why he is.

Tony Ferguson still criminally underrated. What a fucking joke their rankings are. He's better than a lot of guys in the top 10. I'd say he's better than the majority

p4p is pretty speculative anyways. It's silly to get upset over it

Everyone's criteria is different and it's never clear

P4P = What "Super Fight" are we trying to promote at the moment...

Disgraceful seeing Bobby Knuckles so low. 50 minutes with Yoel would kill most people on that list.

with ufc rankings we can expect bias. But im surprised that sherdogs recetn p4p rankings have tony behind dustin as well. dustin has lost 4 times during tony's current 12 fight win streak.

i only see UFC fighters?

Why the fuck is McGregor on this list? He hasn't won a fight in 3 years FFS

I think I finally reached a point in my life when I'm ready to let go of the p4p lists.
It feels good to release something so cancerous from your mind.
I advise all to do the same. We should strive to be better as humans.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
p4p is bullshit.

LMAO at Colon who hasn't won a fight in like 3 years.

Women should have their own p4p list.

It doesn't even make sense to include them because P4P implies that Valentina could/would beat Woodley if they hypothetically were the same weight.
That's like saying she could compete with Cejudo just because they're the same weight.

Looking at the UFC P4P rankings is a massive face palm each and every time.

Damn who knew a win over Jessica Eye was so valuable.
All that matters are titlre and defenses. Tony Ferguson could beat the #2 guy 10 times in a row while Khabib could defend his belt 10 times against 50-100 ranked LWs and still be ahead of Tony because "belt" and "title defense". Context doesn't matter to these idiots making these rankings.

So Poirier beats Max at FW and LW, but is worse P4P?
giphy.gif

p4p nonsense aside, Bullet is one of the most complete fighters in UFC. She's a gem.

Back