Latest stoppages in MMA history

tumblr_m4y1eiM2p11r6dptbo2_500.png

If it hasn't been mentioned, Saku vs Kestutis Smirnovas. Saku won that fight only after taking a gross beating before and after a ref restart.

Pat Smith vs Scott Morris

Interesting Backstory on that one: At the time the Ref (Big John) was not allowed to break up the fight... you could either tap out or your corner could throw the towl. Morris

Last edited:
Houston Vs Soko was really bad, Soko was out cold and Houston was hammering down punches for a long time before it was finally stopped.

Houston Vs Soko was really bad, Soko was out cold and Houston was hammering down punches for a long time before it was finally stopped.

The lame thing is that it wasn't ever worst thing about reffing in that fight.... Blatant eye gouging, hair pulling and other Krav-Maga shit... The fight honestly should have been nc.

Well, the scary thing here was that he was actually defending, Igor wasn't even out of guard most of the time, had one arm tied up and so on...

Enson still got horribly fucked up, but I honestly can't see someone like Miragliotta ever stopping fight like that.

Holy shit, now that's actually hard to watch, I click "pause" almost automatically... :icon_cry2

YES! Mr. Ref, he GAVE APP.

Maybe I'm just saying it cause it's on tv right now, but Kongo vs Al-Turk was pretty late. Effing mazzagatti man

I can't believe this made it all the way to page 6 without being mentioned. Al-Turk's face was hamburger.

Not the worst, but sucks.

goodridgeelbows-1.gif

He was out on the first or second one.
The real scary thing in that particular circumstance was that the ref wasn't technically allowed to stop the fight. It wasn't till after this event that refs got the power to protect the fighter and stop fights.

Koreshkov vs Zaromskis @ 1:55 was one of the most brutal recently imo. Jimmy Smith was going nuts during the live commentary

Weidman vs Munoz

Curran vs Warren like ts pointed out

And for 2 excellent examples of how great a ref Steve Mazzagatti is,

Rashad vs Forrest - Forrest was tapping for like 5 seconds while Rashad pounded him and even then Mazzagatti waited like an extra 5 seconds.

and of course Yves Edwards vs Josh Thomson. One of the most ridiculously good KO's somewhat spoiled by Mazzagatti just watching and slowly walking on like an asshole. BTW that was an extra great win for Yves imo since Thomson hasn't been KO'd in any other fight. Both very underrated lightweights

Tbh it's hard to tell if Forrest was tapping or his arm was just flailing.

Fedor vs Hendo too late should have stopped it earlier.

The real scary thing in that particular circumstance was that the ref wasn't technically allowed to stop the fight. It wasn't till after this event that refs got the power to protect the fighter and stop fights.

This is inaccurate. You have linked the wrong vid.

I remember literally walking away from the TV during the Pete Sell v. Matt Brown fight

Back