Latest: Lyoto Machida's Olympic Weight Training (Dragon Style)

Wonder what type of snatch Lyoto prefers.

Gotta respect Machida's approach to fighting. He's fo real.

Wonder what type of snatch Lyoto prefers.

I see what you did there...

LyotoMachida.jpg

Good that he does this kind of training. It will surely help him a lot with strength and explosiveness.
I hope he posts more videos as soon as his technique improves and he can lift more weight.

Dan John said he never let his clean and jerk go below 220lbs during rugby season because he thought he should always be able to clean and jerk his opponents.

I've always thought that was one of the greatest training philosophies I've ever heard.

Imagine you're on a tread mill at the local gym and you notice a guy in the corner slinging weights who looks just like Machida.

Wait a second..

That is Machida!

Imagine you're on a tread mill at the local gym and you notice a guy in the corner slinging weights who looks just like Machida.

Wait a second..

That is Machida!

You chat. You're thirsty. He offers you his water bottle.

Wait a second...

That is Machida!

(luckily, you catch yourself in time and later get something to drink in the dressing room when Luke Cummo offers you his water bottle. Horrible mistake narrowly averted.)

This is a power snatch with an overhead squat too, you normally see this more in explosive sports strength and conditioning program's that an actual Olympic squat.

Back