Latest Fedor interview (translated form Russian)

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Lifeisnoholiday, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Lifeisnoholiday

Lifeisnoholiday Ninja belt

[​IMG]

On his team:

His bro, Alex, blamed those two guys for Fedor's losses. Said they couldn't come up with anything and literally called them amoebas for just sitting in gyms during camps watching Fedor work and not doing anything. He's nuts, Alex, yes, but still... also, if that's the fight night club I'm thinking about, that's where Bagautinov came from. There's also hints of fixed fights (it's also an mma org of sorts)

On UFC

On his first opponent

On Russian fighters in UFC

On Hendo's Bealltor tweet

On Diaz-Nurmagomedov incident

My overall take on all this is that at some point he's going to claim that UFC wanted some insane stuff from him, like the rights on his DNA after he's dead, and sign with Bellator or WSOF or other second-tier promotion. He's already working on making UFC look like villains and make himself, as well as all the other Russian fighters, look like helpless victims, good guys that are held back by any means possible (because otherwise they would rule the MMA world). In the mean time, he might as well be trying to screw with Zuffa as much as possible behind the curtains (like the first time they negotiated).

All of this is loser's mind set right from the start. This shit started back when he joined the ruling party in Russia (his first loss came shortly afterwards), and it hasn't changed in the last three years.

I don't expect anything good from the come back. That's too bad, I really hoped he had changed his ways.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  2. krelianx

krelianx Gold Belt

Doesn't sound good to me.

3. SherShihTzu

SherShihTzu Green Belt

This doesn't sound at all like Fedor.

4. Fatal Catro

Fatal Catro Red Belt

Read some of the interview, seems off.
    Did not read a word of Ts take on it.

5. Mr. Death

Mr. Death คนตายแล้ว

I'm a big Fedor fan, but him and other Europeans always say that the UFC tries to make American champions. For sure, more Americans are going to get a shot to fight in the UFC because it's an American company and it's easier access for them opposed to a European fighting in some no-name show from a no-name gym. Once you prove yourself, I think the UFC has been very fair to fighters from anywhere in the world.

6. gameclucks

gameclucks White Belt

He claims Pride didn't blatantly try to make Japanese talent win....

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHA!!!

7. Okajima

Okajima Red Belt

8. Lifeisnoholiday

lol, as someone from Russia, subscribed to Russian mma blogs etc etc I might have a better understanding of what's going on. All of this looks like a PR project for Fedor to become a hero for young Russians. He has been promoted heavily these last few years. That's why it's even more likely that he doesn't fight with the best.

9. Fatal Catro

Fatal Catro Red Belt

It is ran as a business not a sport.
    But the Ufc is still over all fair.

10. Lifeisnoholiday

The most hyped fighter, at the moment, in all of mma, let alone UFC, is European, by the way. Joanna also received her fair share, imo.

11. Moral Victory

Moral Victory Black Belt

Oooh, the Dutch.

I know he worked with them before, but it isn't really his style, i wonder what's the deal.

Shots fired at biased American UFC.

12. Magnum1978

Magnum1978 Silver Belt

No idea what to take from this.

There really must have been some cold-war esque vibe between the UFC and Fedor, or the people who talked to Fedor.

Rightly or wrongly I can't imagine Fedor trusting the UFC at all, it just seems there's too much of a language and trust barrier in place to get something done.

Fedor just seems like he's been told so much shit about the UFC that he's got the impression they are evil and bad and would deliberately screw him or something.

I hope I'm wrong and some kind of olive branch is established. It better not be just paperwork or emails as the negotiation tool

Dana/Lorenzo and Fedor just need to get into a room with a good translator and smash this out. Face to face make it work. Build some trust to start

13. mixmastermo

mixmastermo Brown Belt

I'm sorry but what the fuck is he trying to say here? Is he implying the UFC picks and chooses who moves up the rankings, and who gets title shots?

While it is true that title shots are questionable at times, if ANY fighter starts dominating a weight class, no matter what country they are from, they will get noticed and they will move up the rankings.

There have been so many instances over the years where foreign fighters have gone on a tear and moved up the rankings... geez wow, wtf is up with this ridiculous statement Fedor?

And he even has the nerve to say Pride was fair?? The Pride that was run by Yakuza mob that had a vested interest in certain outcomes happening in fights?

14. Lifeisnoholiday

The training part sounds like a generic quote from his interviews during the loosing streak. "I've been training with those two my whole life.. we got some young fighters to my camp...". Talking about training in Holland for 10 days as an all-around panacea has been a part of that, as well.

15. ChuteBoxeStomp

ChuteBoxeStomp Blue Belt

Would probably do more harm than good.. you have heard Dana speak before haven't you?

Fedor basically said after their 1st meeting that Dana had no class

16. BigDaddyBach

BigDaddyBach Banned Banned

"We're going through negotiations, with UFC as well. Aside from my personal wishes.. there are also parts of the contract that must be sorted out, to come to a mutual agreement. We haven't reached it yet. We're negotiating with UFC as well as other promotions. I think that we'll make a statement in the nearest future."

YEP, as suspected, Fedor 100% will not be fighting in the UFC. There is no way UFC will cave to the silly M-1 demands of co-promotion and seeing as how this was the issue before, and he is still associated with Vadim, I highly doubt we will be seeing Fedor in the UFC. This whole Fedor thing is/has been a travesty because we aren't just talking about signing a fighter with a certain number in mind, we are talking about a Russian organization, with supposed ties to the underworld, being in charge of Fedor's negotiations and having their own corporate agenda being above that of Fedor's agenda. Why give a man a fish for a day when you can teach him to fish for a lifetime? M-1 clearly wants to up profile and this is nothing more than another attempt to try and have the UFC brand name lend credibility to one of the many MMA orgs that have came, failed and fizzled out.

17. Lifeisnoholiday

Last time a ufc hw title fight featured an American was like 3-4 years ago, and it wasn't originally scheduled that way. Last time an American was originally scheduled in a hw title fight, think Brock.

18. Lifeisnoholiday

I'm not sure he still works with M-1. I'm with you on M-1's role in their initial negotiations, tho