Last year, spree killer got sentenced to death and minimum of 450 years in prison

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So what that means? (aside from death penalty)

That means when he die his body will be rotting in cell for another 400 years or what?

American law makes no sense to me.

I never understood that either. Serial killers are trying to get a high number, so the more you add to their sentence, something they already knew they were never getting out, the more they will feel that each year is a trophy to them. Just say life in prison, or give him 70 years to life.

Well at least the risk of him re-offending is low.

I believe it has something to do with each “life” sentence duration being a separate appeal. Fuck me, I’m no ground hog expert

Ever see the Black Mirror episode Black Museum?

tumblr_p1xfl7ONiM1rsb51ro1_r1_540.gif

Last edited:
Well at least the risk of him re-offending is low.

No, no, no. Think outside the box. What if they invent injections that will make people live 1000 years? He will be out and still have good half life left.

It's been the norm ever since we were bamboozled by that vampire in the 1600s.

The more damage they do and offenses they have, the more mandatory labor should be added to their duties. They can spend the rest of their lives paying off their victims' families with what they make from exhausting menial labor

That wont make it so fun to brag about anymore

No, no, no. Think outside the box. What if they invent injections that will make people live 1000 years? He will be out and still have good half life left.

Well, that's the perfect example of a time you'd be glad he got 450 years instead of 70.

I don't know the details of his sentence. But often sentences are put end-to-end. If one of them is commuted, the others stay.

If a guy commits 10 murders and gets 10 x 100 year sentences, and gets one of the sentences axed on appeal, he still has 900 years.

Then you have the fact that each sentence has a minimum requirement for time served before a parole hearing. So a guy could conceivably have 5 x 50 year sentences, eligible for parole after 10. Well he could have a hearing in 50 years and possibly see the light of day again.

It's silly sounding, but makes more sense if you think it through piece by piece.

ps I'm not a lawyer, but I saw one on tv once.

The more damage they do and offenses they have, the more mandatory labor should be added to their duties. They can spend the rest of their lives paying off their victims' families with what they make from exhausting menial labor

That wont make it so fun to brag about anymore
With forced labor they might become shredded and then the chicks that love serial killers will really chase them. They can then brag about their 8-packs and harem.

Well, that's the perfect example of a time you'd be glad he got 450 years instead of 70.

Why not simply make it a life sentence? Not 25 years, not 100, 1000 or 50000. Just life. Will be so much easier.

With forced labor they might become shredded and then the chicks that love serial killers will really chase them. They can then brag about their 8-packs and harem.

The harem should also compelled by law to dig ditches all day, etc.

Why not simply make it a life sentence? Not 25 years, not 100, 1000 or 50000. Just life. Will be so much easier.

You're not thinking ahead far enough. In the future, criminals can and will be brought back to life over and over again, using their DNA or something, like in Jurassic Park.
The whole family enjoys going on safaris at Penal Park-- the chainlink fences look.. decently sturdy...

It means that when they figure out how to make us live until 400, he will be really mad.

giphy.gif

It's the socio-political angle. The state doesn't want victims' families to think some are worth less than others.
Oh yeah, I forgot the victims have families.

Hell if I was a victims family member id be waiting for that shitbag to get out, so I can enact my revenge.

Itd be an awesome battle of two old men.

So what that means? (aside from death penalty)

That means when he die his body will be rotting in cell for another 400 years or what?

American law makes no sense to me.

I think it means they're going to force him to reproduce and then jail the next 400 years of his bloodline. Crazy muricans.

I believe it has something to do with each “life” sentence duration being a separate appeal. Fuck me, I’m no ground hog expert

More money for the lawyers

Back