Economy Last days of Tesla. Closing a dozen solar plants. Loses deal with Home Depot.

For reference $10,000 of TSLA on the day this thread was made would be worth $53,000 today.

Whats odd is all of the growth, about 450% of the 530% gain happened during Covid.

I don't follow TSLA enough to know but it feels like an untenable growth rate that has outpaced its ability to pair to earnings per share.
the growth rate is very tenable when you consider the total addressable market. Remember, Tesla is not a car company, its a software & energy company.

This thread did not age well and what's really funny is some people haven't changed their view. They still don't see what's right in front of them.
It's pretty incredible. I bought Tsla when they were ~$700, and it seemed so obvious to me back then that i actually thought i missed the boat lol.

Why can't we participate as people who'd like to see the world's best electric cars maker to continue succeeding despite all the naysayers?

Scratch that, why can't you?
Because I'd much rather the market subsidize public transportation and small efficient cars, not sports cars and SUVS for rich people lol. Tesla fans are mostly attention whore brand tools and are about as useful to environmental change as iPod owners and U2 are to curing AIDs

^ Brackis when talking about Musk or Tesla.

Because I'd much rather the market subsidize public transportation and small efficient cars, not sports cars and SUVS for rich people lol.

That's it? Tesla successful at making high-performance EVs for the Middle and Upper Class is what pushed you off the edge of sanity that we unfortunately have witnessed here? o_O

To be honest, we thought Elon Musk must have done something deeply personal, like asking your Mom out on a date and then stood her up, for you to go so far off the rail pages after pages whenever you see any indications that Tesla is actually doing well. :confused:

What's stopping you from buying those cheaper "small efficient cars" that you prefer though? Why would any sane American feel like they have to justify their choices by going full-blown deranged about other people's choices and hope that a successful American EV maker would fail? :eek:

This is why Steve Jobs was so great. Focus. What is focus? Focus is about saying NO. Musk said yes to everything. No focus. Now he is trying to streamline Tesla but it is too late. I bet those trucks never get delivered either. As Jobs said, he created something that was less than the sum of its parts. So many great ideas but ended up being less as a whole. And it is a management issue. It is on Musk. He never put a bullet in the head of any thing. Jobs loves to kill.

Guess he'll have to settle with being this.

Also, is it finally Tesla's last day yet? Keep us updated, man!

Because I'd much rather the market subsidize public transportation and small efficient cars, not sports cars and SUVS for rich people lol. Tesla fans are mostly attention whore brand tools and are about as useful to environmental change as iPod owners and U2 are to curing AIDs
Don't agree with much of your shit, but you ain't wrong here amigo.

The OP ragequit Sherdog after losing money on other stock trades; you're just necroing this now as a fanboi with stockholdings hoping to find a new fool.
Ah yes my predictions keep coming true!

TSLA is a cult stock. Wish I had got on board. Should be interesting to watch the next few months/year.

I'm glad we have a guy like Elon around accumulating crazy wealth.

Like him or not, We'll have a colony on Mars before we know it and it will all be thanks to his drive.

Brackis cheap electric cars are coming kandi electric car and others all priced to be more affordable. There are new small SUVs coming in around 25k to 35k.

Tesla is working on a 2 door hatchback that will be designed and developed in Germany. The goal is to hit that sub 30k price point. But you will keep complaining that Elon only wants to make cars for rich elitist types.

I live in an area hardy covered with limos an big mansions but tons are driving Tesla Model 3's and expect to see tons Cybertrucks. But you really hate electric cars in general and anything that up ends your endless love of oil don't worry it's not going away.

To be fair to brakis1, Tesla was looking like it was on its last legs for a while. If their factory in China didn't come through, it would be the end of the road most likely. Elon got lucky that China bailed his ass out in time.

If their factory in China didn't come through, it would be the end of the road most likely. Elon got lucky that China bailed his ass out in time.

Somewhat true, though I don't think you know their factory in China is only half the size of the one in California.

Their Shanghai's Gigafactory did reopened shortly before Fremont's in the pandemic, but then Fremont was only closed for 2 months. I don't think they would have died in that brief period when all U.S factories were shuttered, but it's possible.

After those 2 months of closure, Tesla's Fremont factory in pandemic-stricken California went right back to producing twice as many cars as their factory in Shanghai, at 400,000 vs 200,000 capacity.

By the end of this year, annual Model 3/Y production capacity will be 500,000 from Fremont vs 200,000 from Shanghai.

I would say that Musk caught a huge break when Gavin Newsom allowed (or forced to allow) California's manufacturing sector to reopen again in the middle of the pandemic. Had the Fremont factory be shuttered indefinitely (like say, Disneyland), Tesla's 2020 bottom lines would be royally screwed with total production and deliveries effectively capped at 1/3 capacity while relying on the smaller Shanghai factory alone, instead of the record profits they're pulling in with both factories at full speed.

https://insideevs.com/news/435448/tesla-production-sites-assignment-capacity-july-2020/amp/

Last edited:
To be fair to brakis1, Tesla was looking like it was on its last legs for a while. If their factory in China didn't come through, it would be the end of the road most likely. Elon got lucky that China bailed his ass out in time.
Why does everyone here have such a severe reading disability where they just make up their own stories?
I didn't make this thread and can quote myself like 5 different times in this thread explicitly stating I didn't think Tesla was going bankrupt and disagreeing with the OP.
This thread is a garbage heap of idiots whose brains seem to operate on some truly retarded binary of something being either bankrupt or the greatest contribution to human life.
A car can be a car without having anything to do with some CEO bro lol.
You making no sense? what else is new?
He is meeting the demand of a wealthy demographic who enjoys a subsidized luxury car with localized production.
What about my post shows I don't understand the market for his cars?
It's a perfectly decent toy for people with money to burn.
That doesn't make his companies operations nor his own technical brilliance to be valued anywhere near what his paper net worth and worldwide reputation are valued at.
And again like Trump, throes of people have, including his own dumbass mouth, have shown him to have tons of shitty behaviors that just get ignored for rich person hero worship.

Actually I do know what I'm talking about and it's really not that hard. But hey, not a shocker that Musk fans can't do any actual research or employ critical thinking, just prima facia conclusion drawing based off promissory tweets or contextless measures.

The Porsche uses LG Chem cells, the exact same company/tech that's going to be used in Chinese Teslas, though there are variations between "cyclinder vs pouch style" and Tesla may try to make LG Chem produce cyclinder style batteries, but we have no idea yet. (the point here being there is no magic Musk sauce and they buy their batteries, just like every automaker currently dabbling in EVs)
Porsche puts a hard-cap on their batteries so that it won't allow you to access about 15% of the charge to protect it against durability issues, while Tesla doesn't, which is part of the range disparity.
The Porsche is a relatively shitty (from an efficiency perspective) rushed niche car looking to capture a market of Porsche enthusiasts, not a mass-market vehicle. Porsche is relying on pure brand awareness and haute consumption, just like Tesla/Musk. And basically showed that you can hurry out an EV model by slapping a battery into a car from the same suppliers Tesla uses, only with a bunch of retarded badges that have horses on them.

The logic Tesla, a company fully devoted to produced EV vehicles, could create a better designed car than Porsche as proof that Musk is some engineering god is laughable at best. The Taycan is a weird mediocre concept vehicle at its core, operating at a much higher voltage and pricepoint. (Which is why Porsche quickcharge tech is also bullshit and simply a voltage adjustment, not magic engineering breakthru)
And again, none of this should have anything to do with the direction of EV tech, how humans own cars, and the future of environmentalism: it's a bullshit pissing contest between some luxury cars catering to high networth look-at-me turds, one of whom has convinced a bunch of low to middle class people that he is some god and that oneday they'll get a fancy car too. Much like halfwit poor conservatives who vote against their best interest on fiscal issues because they think they're part of the club and will be rich too someday.

And again: the Tesla is a perfectly decent car that many people would enjoy if issues of practicality, price, and environmentalism were ignored. It's a luxury car with cool features and a giant fucking battery in it, put there by smart japanese engineers at Panasonic and LG and paired with features created by an army of engineers, not Elon Musk. Tesla cars themselves are not evil, not terrible, just an EV car being given ridiculous fanfare led by one massive lying turd of a human.

we've been in the exact same threads together for months now and I've clearly stated that my disdain for Musk and his fanbois is not correlative to their valuation, and have bought Tesla stock for the purposes of flipping it within recent months.
So yet again, I'll source my claim in full, and then you'll reply with some halfwit nonsense. You have ignored every one of my recent replies because well....you posted a bunch of fucking garbage videos produced used clipart and stock footage.

https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/149460361/

"His refusal to acknowledge that Tesla has an advantage in battery tech for instance is a case in point ( a position he didn't even attempt to back up ) " Jesus christ dude do you really have a reading and writing disability?
I clearly acknowledge that Tesla has the best/biggest production car batteries out there, but that it has nothing to do with Elon Musk or any special battery breakthru that zealots seem to think, rather a concerted effort to put a high range luxury vehicle on the market in partnership with companies that actually make batteries and dialing in as part of a high performance drivetrain.
These same battery companies are working on production vehicles for other brands in a range of vehicles, from localized commuter vehicles to industrial trucks, boats and beyond. To declare Tesla the gods of battery tech is like being in 1995 and declaring AOL the gods of internet service because they popularized shitty dialup before any major new breakthrus came out. So yes, they undeniably have the longest range mass-produced EVs on the road today. They also cost a shitload of money and have no bearing on the development of a clean energy transit revolution beyond any other car or manufacturer. It's the same basic tech, with slight chemical variations.
So for the 100th time: Teslas are solid vehicles perfectly suitable for rich people and do have a lot of great engineering/features, but are grossly oversold in their capabilities by a fraudulent leader and people who rely on his words rather than critical analysis of who/how lithium-ion powered.

It's not as if every other company is just sitting around not dumping shitloads of money into figuring out how to make Electric Vehicles, they just aren't racing them to market because their existence doesn't require an all-in-push on EV tech given decades of proven reliable gas vehicles that continue to sell.
You'll notice that the other brands that do attempt to put out mediocre "full range" EVs are luxury brands. Why? Because Tesla appeals to rich people and is stealing marketshare from luxury brands, not because Jaguar and Porsche somehow magically figured out batteries in a way Honda or Toyota haven't. It's a simple numbers game. Engineering and installing enormous batteries isn't realistic yet for vehicles that aren't at a luxury pricepoint.
IF Tesla could actually produce something for cheaper, I'd take my hat off to them, but thus far it's been a smokescreen of promises and expensive vehicles.

You're trying to pivot this "not rich" debate into a "is he smart" debate. I have no doubt he was capable of having good scores. As do countless other applicants to these schools; most of them rich. Just like I don't deny the Tesla is a perfectly nice luxury car but criticize the narrative around it.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Reactions: PEB
Elon does what people bitch about Billionaires not doing. Investing and creating jobs and the loser left still hates him for it because its making him money too lol
Not many Billionaires are like Elon at creating jobs Elon manufactures real product and needs factories to do this not some Computer on Wall Street to type numbers into I am pretty sure that Trump created tons of wealth for the Wall Street types with the tax breaks. That being said I have gotten cool to Elon because of his deny COVID stick till he contracted it. Several of these Wall Street types where constantly clobbering Elon and his company during the Model X and then the Model 3 launch.

I'd be interested to know the power efficiency of the system in general and whether he's weighing production costs vs performance.

The power supplies on the F22 are between 88 and 92% efficient depending on what module it runs.

Back